2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

Wisconsin Badgers (1889-2017)

First Undefeated 12-0 Regular Season in Team history

http://kccollegegameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bucky_badger_no1_football01.jpg

Awesome!!

• Like 1

http://kccollegegameday.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/bucky_badger_no1_football01.jpg

Now they just have to beat The Ohio State Stinkeyes which they should be able to do.

Now they just have to beat The Ohio State Stinkeyes which they should be able to do.

For the Badgers, Ohio State is the Big Gorilla on their back. They had better be ready to play their best game of the year. They've had so many opportunities to beat them over the last several years (save for 2014), but they've always let 2-3 plays do them in.

Edited by Principled Man

Awesome!!

Congrats, Badgers!

Playoff rankings:

1. Clemson...........(v. #7 Miami)

2. Auburn ............(v. #6 Georgia)

3. Oklahoma........(v. #11 TCU)

4. Wisconsin........(v. #8 Ohio State)

5. Alabama...........(No game)

6. Georgia............(v. #2 Auburn)

7. Miami...............(v. #1 Clemson)

• Like 1

Playoff rankings:

If my wishes were granted:

Miami beats Clemson (because the thought of Clemson having a shot at the NC again makes me sick on my stomach, going through this past year of obnoxious bragging from Clemson fans was bad enough)

Georgia beats Auburn (for the honor of the SEC East over the West)

TCU beats Oklahoma (because I really don't care that much either way, so natural default position is to pull for underdog)

Wisconsin over Ohio State (because Wisconsin has never won a NC, and f**k Ohio State)

Alabama . . . Saban and entire team gets so drunk in despair about not being in the SEC Championship game that they puke their guts out, and have a hangover so bad that it carries all the way into whatever post season game they end up playing in

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert
  • Like 4

Playoff rankings:

Miami beats Clemson (because the thought of Clemson having a shot at the NC again makes me sick on my stomach, going through this past year of obnoxious bragging from Clemson fans was bad enough)

TCU beats Oklahoma (because I really don't care that much either way, so natural default position is to pull for underdog)

Wisconsin over Ohio State (because Wisconsin has never won a NC, and f**k Ohio State)

Alabama . . . Saban and entire team gets so drunk in despair about not being in the SEC Championship game that they puke their guts out, and have a hangover so bad that it carries all the way into whatever post season game they end up playing in

The SEC East hasn't been demoted to the Group of Five (or Six) yet?

Playoff rankings:

The SEC East hasn't been demoted to the Group of Five (or Six) yet?

Well, if Georgia beats Auburn, then Georgia is in the playoffs and has a shot at the NC.

We shall see.

• Like 1

Playoff rankings:

But...but...that would the whole choice process into mass confusion. The horror! The horror!

Shite, who am I kidding? Love it, DPR!

• Like 1

And because Oklahoma's QB is a classless punk. :boo hiss:

I'm taking quite a liking to you, Robert, and not just because you killed Count Rugen! :ebert:

I'm taking quite a liking to you, Robert, and not just because you killed Count Rugen! :ebert:

As much as I would like to take credit for it, that was the Dread Pirate Roberts, not me, Dread Pirate Robert.

As much as I would like to take credit for it, that was the Dread Pirate Roberts, not me, Dread Pirate Robert.

Technicalities......I won't tell if you won't.....

Well, looks like Oklahoma will be in the playoff. First slot filled.

I didn't care much about that game, I do care about the one that is about to start.

Come on Dawgs, beat Auburn! For the honor of the SEC East! The West has won the SEC Championship Game 8 years in a row. This must stop!

Historical stat: prior to the current 8 year run by the West, the East had the edge 11-6. It is now 14-11 in favor of the West.

Well, looks like Oklahoma will be in the playoff. First slot filled.

As long as Bama's out, I don't care who's in.

• Like 1

Totally bogus call negates Georgia touchdown. Dawgs have to settle for a field goal. Now up 10-7 in 2nd.

In the first quarter, this game looked like it would be a repeat of Auburn's crushing of Georgia in the regular season. But then Dawgs got their act together.

Totally bogus call negates Georgia touchdown. Dawgs have to settle for a field goal. Now up 10-7 in 2nd.

In the first quarter, this game looked like it would be a repeat of Auburn's crushing of Georgia in the regular season. But then Dawgs got their act together.

Interesting that the refs completely missed the guy jumping onto Karryon's shoulder well after he was down. Maybe not a penalty but definitely a dirty play.

Interesting that the refs completely missed the guy jumping onto Karryon's shoulder well after he was down. Maybe not a penalty but definitely a dirty play.

We just had a roof replaced today and the signal from my satellite is out so I can't watch any of the games... :facepalm:

We just had a roof replaced today and the signal from my satellite is out so I can't watch any of the games... :facepalm:

Well, I shall try to keep you updated.

it is halftime, Georgia up 10-7

• Like 1

Well, I shall try to keep you updated.

it is halftime, Georgia up 10-7

Thanks. I can't even get out of the house with the big dumpster in the driveway and no place is close enough to walk to. :banghead:

I am following along on ESPN.com but there's no context.

At the beginning of 2nd quarter, Auburn looked set to go up by two scores, deep in Georgia territory, within chip shot field goal range. A 10-0 lead for Auburn, at the very least, appeared imminent. But then Georgia sacked the Auburn quarterback, resulting in a fumble which Georgia recovered. Since that play, there has been a complete momentum shift with Georgia taking control.

But, of course, there is an entire half to go.

We shall see what happens.

Go Dawgs!

• Like 1