2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

And . . . it is Bama.

I do think that Bama will give Clemson a tougher game than Ohio State would have.

A Clemson - Ohio State repeat would probably have had the same result as last year, with a blowout.

So, cool.

, and Bama's weak schedule (56th in Sagarin)

Please don't ever mention Sagarin to me again.

Jeff Sagarin has always been an idiot when it comes to college football.

Why do you think that? And is your problem with his opinions or his methodology?

I stopped paying any attention to him years ago, his rankings were often so absurd, year after year. I think his algorithm must have a random number generator in there somewhere.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

And . . . it is Bama.

I do think that Bama will give Clemson a tougher game than Ohio State would have.

A Clemson - Ohio State repeat would probably have had the same result as last year, with a blowout.

So, cool.

I'm having connectivity issues. So they named the teams this morning?

I'll have to change my avatar for now....you probably won't like it...

Actually, Clemson's helmet design, though not the colors, are the same as my school's were (I don't think that's the case anymore.)

And . . . it is Bama.

So, cool.

Actually, Clemson's helmet design, though not the colors, are the same as my school's were (I don't think that's the case anymore.)

At 12:30.

1) Clemson

2) Oklahoma

3) Georgia

4) Bama

So, Clemson v Bama, Okahoma v Georgia, in first round.

• Like 1

And . . . it is Bama.

So, cool.

At 12:30.

1) Clemson

2) Oklahoma

3) Georgia

4) Bama

So, Clemson v Bama, Okahoma v Georgia, in first round.

Thanks!

And . . . it is Bama.

So, cool.

I am already preparing myself mentally for the possibility that Clemson could be the National Champion for the 2nd year in a row. It definitely could happen. In this field of 4, imo, it is anybody's game, with Clemson probably the best bet to win it all. If I had to place money on it, I think I would have to place my money on Clemson.

In that case, at least I would win some money out of it. Which would help me swallow the fact that Clemson just won the NC 2 years in a row.

Hell, maybe I SHOULD place some money on them. Hmmmm . .

• Like 1

And . . . it is Bama.

So, cool.

I am already preparing myself mentally for the possibility that Clemson could be the National Champion for the 2nd year in a row. It definitely could happen. In this field of 4, imo, it is anybody's game, with Clemson probably the best bet to win it all. If I had to place money on it, I think I would have to place my money on Clemson.

In that case, at least I would win some money out of it. Which would help me swallow the fact that Clemson just won the NC 2 years in a row.

Hell, maybe I SHOULD place some money on them. Hmmmm . .

That sounds like my betting strategy, the emotional hedge.

• Like 1

As for Oklahoma and their Hiesman Trophy favorite quarterback, let's see what that offense does when it finally comes up against good defenses. I look forward to seeing what happens.

That's the other thing I've noticed about college football, the Heisman winner usually struggles in their bowl game.

• Like 1

As for Oklahoma and their Hiesman Trophy favorite quarterback, let's see what that offense does when it finally comes up against good defenses. I look forward to seeing what happens.

That's the other thing I've noticed about college football, the Heisman winner usually struggles in their bowl game.

and sometimes stinks up the field in a spectacular failure way

• Like 1

Won't all you SEC haters shit a brick if it ends up being Alabama v Georgia in the final game?

In fact, I am going to predict that now: Georgia beats Alabama in the final game, for the honor of the SEC East yet again!

Dawgs!

Won't all you SEC haters shit a brick if it ends up being Alabama v Georgia in the final game?

In fact, I am going to predict that now: Georgia beats Alabama in the final game, for the honor of the SEC East yet again!

Dawgs!

I don't really hate the SEC, just the current occupant of the Alabama head coaching job.

• Like 2

Dawgs!

I don't really hate the SEC, just the current occupant of the Alabama head coaching job.

I wonder if he'll ever return to the NFL?

Dawgs!

Not happening. He can't berate and control people there.

Dawgs!

Probably have to take a pay cut too.

Dawgs!

Probably have to take a pay cut too.

Yep. Especially if the NFL team would pay for what he was worth as an NFL coach.

• Like 1

The Cocks play the Wolverines in Tampa in the Outback Bowl.

Cool.

Good matchup.

The Cocks play the Wolverines in Tampa in the Outback Bowl.

Cool.

Good matchup.

If you see O'Korn on the back of the opposing QB's jersey, you can count on a win if you can score 10 points.

Isn't that where Clowney blew up the Michigan back?