2017-2018 College Football Thread

blueschica

LABT 5

Goose 2

BC 0

You're crushing it!

LABT - 6

Goose - 3

I'm going to regret my weighted scoring suggestion, I think...

• Like 1

LABT 5

Goose 2

BC 0

You're crushing it!

LABT - 6

Goose - 3

I know I really regret my allegiance to the Pac8 Pac10 Pac12.

LABT 5

Goose 2

BC 0

You're crushing it!

LABT - 6

Goose - 3

They usually punch above their weight in bowls though.

• Like 1

Best comment of the day, during the Navy-Virginia game...after UVa took the opening kickoff for a TD, one of the announcers said, that's got to be a concern for Navy, their offense wasn't built to come from behind. At the time there were 59 minutes and 48 seconds left. :LOL:
  • Like 1

Best comment of the day, during the Navy-Virginia game...after UVa took the opening kickoff for a TD, one of the announcers said, that's got to be a concern for Navy, their offense wasn't built to come from behind. At the time there were 59 minutes and 48 seconds left. :LOL:

Final score: Navy 49, Virginia 7. Guess they had enough time.

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 2

Those Midshipmen stuck in the end zone a few times. They like that.

Those Midshipmen stuck in the end zone a few times. They like that.

It's always fun to watch Navy play a power five. Their old school option throws 'em for a loop and before they have time to recover the game is too close to the end.

LABT 5

Goose 2

BC 0

You're crushing it!

LABT - 6

Goose - 3

They usually punch above their weight in bowls though.

Not this year. Of course WAZZU not having their quarterback didn't help.

I can't help but think back to how exciting it used to be when Jan. 1 was Bowl Game Day, with football all day on every (all three!) channel, each game a compelling historic matchup. Compare that to the yawn-fest that is the modern bowl season and I just don't have any real interest in watching.

I can only assume they're making more money this way (no competition for viewers, more gambling opportunities).

• Like 2

Looks like TCU-Stanford would have been the one to watch yesterday, with TCU coming back from 18pts down to win 39-37. In 2016 the Frogs came back from 31 pts down to beat Oregon in overtime.
  • Like 2

I can't help but think back to how exciting it used to be when Jan. 1 was Bowl Game Day, with football all day on every (all three!) channel, each game a compelling historic matchup. Compare that to the yawn-fest that is the modern bowl season and I just don't have any real interest in watching.

I can only assume they're making more money this way (no competition for viewers, more gambling opportunities).

Sounds like someone who's getting his ass kicked in a bowl game picking contest. ;)

• Like 1

Sounds like someone who's getting his ass kicked in a bowl game picking contest. ;)

:LOL:

PAC12 :(

• Like 1

Totals before the USC - OSU game:

Big 10 -- 4-0

Big 12 -- 4-2

ACC -- 4-3

Pac 12 -- 1-6

SEC -- 0-3

SEC off to a start that seems determined to match the Pac 12 in Bowl Ineptitude this season.

Edited by Dread Pirate Robert

goose, since we made the same pick in the Arizona Bowl but neither one of us have any idea about either team, I'm thinking no points should be awarded for this game (I assume it's over by now but I have no idea who won).

goose, since we made the same pick in the Arizona Bowl but neither one of us have any idea about either team, I'm thinking no points should be awarded for this game (I assume it's over by now but I have no idea who won).

I actually took summer classes at Logan, Utah. :LOL:

By the looks of things, either team could beat the hapless Trojans of USC. :facepalm:

Totals before the USC - OSU game:

Big 10 -- 4-0

Big 12 -- 4-2

ACC -- 4-3

Pac 12 -- 1-6

SEC -- 0-3

SEC off to a start that seems determined to match the Pac 12 in Bowl Ineptitude this season.

For the first time in probably two decades, the SEC is top heavy. The worm always turns.