Permanent Waves vs Drama - The Battle Of 1980

Lucas

Permanent Waves or Drama ???  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Which Album Do You Like More ?

Wow! I'm the biggest Natural Science fan ever.....but I don't quite understand the extreme butt hurt pissy pants over a differing opinion.

Jeeze!!

??

Pissy pants?

Guess it depends on a certain author's "FRAGILE" opinions on certain songs.

Maverick can voice his opinions on any thing.

I love the hypocrisy of a forum though.

I'm very animated and strong with my opinions based on songs and albums here.

Forum members have no problem ripping me apart for my strong views.

"Vapor Trails" and "Test For Echo" are two of the worst albums on the planet.

Yet every time I state that the little Dog Years Baby Hounds From Hell come on here and roast me.

Good.

Thick skin is key.

Thin skin is for pussies.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, but then again if you really think about it some babies are actually born without and asshole.

My cousin from Jersey was one of them.

So be thankful you were born with an asshole.

Be happy you can write your opinion in some white rectangle on a fuckingg forum and have the freedom of speech to do so.

Being a troll is fun so I get it.

I love trolling for Rush fans who think they know it all and actually don't know shit.

The Millennial Rush Fan.

GO AWAY!

What drama are you guys seeing? I must be watching a different movie. All I see is someone saying Natural Science isn't that good. Has anyone really given a shit about that opinion? If so, it must've passed me by. Most of this thread has been PeW > Drama talk + a few baby assholes tossed in from Earl.

I prefer comedy horror. I'm watching "Vamp" right now on blu. Grace Jones!

I prefer "Daytime Drama."

Love,

Billy Idol

Natural Science - Not nearly as good as the rest of you nerds think it is.

What's an appropriate level of goodness then Mr. Supercool guy Tom Cruise?

It's a mediocre 10 minute song.

Whaaaaat?

And Alex's second guitar solo is total shit.

Huh?

Silly contrarians.

You really think that second solo was good? To me, it was pointless noodling void of any melody.

This reminds me of my high school days when my friend's brother said to us, "Playing guitar is so easy. That's why I stopped taking lessons (((after one month))). All you do pick some strings and you have a song."

Are you suggesting I don't know anything about playing guitar? That if I did, I'd appreciate the sheer brilliance of that solo?

BILLY SHEARS LIVES!

Whaaaaat?

And Alex's second guitar solo is total shit.

Huh?

Silly contrarians.

You really think that second solo was good? To me, it was pointless noodling void of any melody.

This reminds me of my high school days when my friend's brother said to us, "Playing guitar is so easy. That's why I stopped taking lessons (((after one month))). All you do pick some strings and you have a song."

Are you suggesting I don't know anything about playing guitar? That if I did, I'd appreciate the sheer brilliance of that solo?

:LOL: No, that's your imagination and paranoia talking. I have no idea about your guitar ability and it wouldn't matter anyway since your opinion of the song is what it is. When I said "it reminds me of my high school days..." I meant "it reminds me of my high school days..."

Don't think too deeply here.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze

It'd OK...I feel the same about Hemispheres first side and the entirety of CA

It'd OK...I feel the same about Hemispheres first side and the entirety of CA

No wonder you and I are "Worlds Apart" Cupcake Warrior. You really don't get it.

Signed,

SAGA

"Hemispheres" is the greatest album ever made on the Earth.

Pushing buttons young lad.

Just pushing buttons.

Perhaps your beautiful face should just gaze into the Wilderness Of Mirrors.

"Someday My Prince Will Come."

Love,

Miles Davis

Edited by RUSHHEAD666

92512346.gif

What is Segue laughing about? That's his worst scarf yet...

Ha!

I think that 'scarf' is more like an ascot.

...and now I'll be turning in my Man card, and backing away, slowly.

Or :outtahere:

"Ascot" sounds like some tall, thin dog that's owned by a snobby rich person. The Ascot, shittily named 'Brinkley' or the like, would wear a plaid ascot that matches their owner's plaid ascot.

Hey, man, I can't help what it's called. :huh:

• Like 1

92512346.gif

What is Segue laughing about? That's his worst scarf yet...

Ha!

I think that 'scarf' is more like an ascot.

...and now I'll be turning in my Man card, and backing away, slowly.

Or :outtahere:

"Ascot" sounds like some tall, thin dog that's owned by a snobby rich person. The Ascot, shittily named 'Brinkley' or the like, would wear a plaid ascot that matches their owner's plaid ascot.

Hey, man, I can't help what it's called. :huh:

:LOL: You're a smart guy, see what you can do about getting that changed with the dudes in charge of dictionary duties. :LOL:

This is interesting, as I did not realize how close ( time wise ) the band was to recording in 1980 with Anderson and Wakeman ...

Rick Wakeman:

Jon and I got really quite depressed and started crying on each other's shoulders and Jon said 'This is not the band that love, this is not the band that I wanted to keep on going', [and I replied] 'I'm with you Jon'". The sessions were ultimately called off after White cracked a bone in his right ankle while roller skating early in the morning with Richard Branson in a nightclub, rendering him unable to perform for about six weeks. Following a break over Christmas, the band reconvened in London for rehearsals in an attempt to salvage the situation. That failed, causing Anderson and Wakeman to depart in March 1980.

The recording of Drama began a month later

Jeff Downes and Trevor Horn were invited to rehersals, unaware that Anderson and Wakeman were no longer in the band:

The meetings, which Downes characterised as "a bit directionless, because they were rehearsing as a three piece [...] you can only go so far as a rhythm section". Together, the five of them developed the Buggles song, which became "We Can Fly from Here". Meanwhile, the Buggles weren't informed of Anderson's departure, and were confused by his absence; Squire didn't answer them and they only found out about the situation by the point that they were being pushed to record the song. Feeling Horn and Downes were suitable replacements, Squire convinced Howe and White to let them join

In reading this, I think that had Anderson and Wakeman had remained in the band to record an album in 1980, it would never have come close to what Drama is ..

And I love both of those guys

Regardless of the Drama vs Permanent Waves question, the fact that Drama came out the way it did is a great story

Anderson and Wakeman are brothers born in different families. :)

Love them to death! They left and amazing remarkable work on this planet.

But...

Drama is far from being the best Yes album.

Really.

My choice was fast, Permanent Waves. Voted.

Wow! I'm the biggest Natural Science fan ever.....but I don't quite understand the extreme butt hurt pissy pants over a differing opinion.

Jeeze!!

??

Pissy pants?

Guess it depends on a certain author's "FRAGILE" opinions on certain songs.

Maverick can voice his opinions on any thing.

I love the hypocrisy of a forum though.

I'm very animated and strong with my opinions based on songs and albums here.

Forum members have no problem ripping me apart for my strong views.

"Vapor Trails" and "Test For Echo" are two of the worst albums on the planet.

Yet every time I state that the little Dog Years Baby Hounds From Hell come on here and roast me.

Good.

Thick skin is key.

Thin skin is for pussies.

Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one, but then again if you really think about it some babies are actually born without and asshole.

My cousin from Jersey was one of them.

So be thankful you were born with an asshole.

Be happy you can write your opinion in some white rectangle on a fuckingg forum and have the freedom of speech to do so.

Being a troll is fun so I get it.

I love trolling for Rush fans who think they know it all and actually don't know shit.

The Millennial Rush Fan.

GO AWAY!

What drama are you guys seeing? I must be watching a different movie. All I see is someone saying Natural Science isn't that good. Has anyone really given a shit about that opinion? If so, it must've passed me by. Most of this thread has been PeW > Drama talk + a few baby assholes tossed in from Earl.

edit. man what the hell was I thinking. Call it lack of sleep.

Edited by toymaker

jesus, Entres Nous is a purely magical Rush track. whats wrong with some of you lot. seriously :(

o·pin·ion

/əˈpinyən/

noun: opinion; plural noun: opinions

A view or judgment formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge.

It pales in comparison to Into The Lens and Run Through The Light

There's another opinion for you

Hope you can handle it

And the lyrics are almost as awkward as your post

Edited by Lucas

"Entre Nous" is a skillfully arranged song. The lyrics, the melody and the music interact perfectly. It's a wonderful listening experience. I love it.

ehhh, I don't

and there you have it:

The Spaces

Always a treat. Cool chords. Good melodies. Simple but lovely 12 string chord pattern in the chorus. It's one of the Rush tunes I never skip. It's got a certain something. Just my opinion, though.

Lucas is living proof that you can be a decent human being and dislike Entre Nous at the same time. The sweet enigma of life.

Lucas is a cybernetic organism from one possible future version of New Jersey sent to kill the unborn Messiah.

Or I may be confusing him with someone else.

• Like 1

Here's the votes for Permanent Waves

x1yyz, JohnnyBlaze, EagleMoon, grasbo, RUSHHEAD666, Segue Myles, YYZumbi, Cyclonus X-1, Stormtron, Slim, Red Dwarf, Relayer2112, apetersvt, Narps, Alph Seeker, Fordgalaxy, ReRushed, treeduck, tas7, Lorraine, HemiBeers, Rutlefan, Citizen of the World, Chronos, toymaker, canadianice, vital signz, djflex, Brucey, Wil1972, rhyv, Union 5-3992, Lurkst, Mayra

.. and for all the Entre Nous fans, I'm going to send you the most schmaltzy holiday greeting card, as I am sure you'll love the sentiment

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 2

Here's the votes for Permanent Waves

x1yyz, JohnnyBlaze, EagleMoon, grasbo, RUSHHEAD666, Segue Myles, YYZumbi, Cyclonus X-1, Stormtron, Slim, Red Dwarf, Relayer2112, apetersvt, Narps, Alph Seeker, Fordgalaxy, ReRushed, treeduck, tas7, Lorraine, HemiBeers, Rutlefan, Citizen of the World, Chronos, toymaker, canadianice, vital signz, djflex, Brucey, Wil1972, rhyv, Union 5-3992, Lurkst, Mayra

.. and for all the Entre Nous fans, I'm going to send you the most schmaltzy holiday greeting card, as I am sure you'll love the sentiment

If I could've voted more than once, I would've.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze