In the Court of the Crimson King vs The Dark Side of the Moon

Bigbobby10

In the Court of the Crimson King vs The Dark Side of the Moon  

35 members have voted

1. 1. In the Court of the Crimson King vs The Dark Side of the Moon

• In the Court of the Crimson King
    • The Dark Side of the Moon

[opinion]

Court of the Crimson King is one of only a few albums by KC I don't own. I had it a while back, then dumped it with a bunch of other CDs when they still had value. Don't miss it.

I also don't care for Barrett era Floyd. My PF collection starts with Atom Heart Mother.

[/opinion]

Then your collection should start with Saucerful.

They needed a bit of time to get warmed up, and less "weird".

Lol. I guess you are out on Ummagumma as well ;)

First time I listened to Crimson King, I thought it was pretty cool, nothing more really. First time I listened to DSOTM I thought it was pretty cool and deserved an immediate second listen. I've constantly returned to DSOTM since, I've yet to return to King Crimson.

DSOTM

• Like 1

Overall, I appreciate King Crimson more than Pink Floyd. Crimson's discography is all over the map resulting in more variety and a much more interesting ride. Floyd is pretty much middle of the road in comparison. With that said, Dark Side is so much more focused and visionary than In the Court. It's precise and unified. The lyrics, melodies and music compliment each other in amazing ways and not a note is wasted. For example, there is no "Moonchild" taking up space with instrumental meandering and noodling. Crimson ran out of ideas with In the Court. Floyd capitalized on every idea with Dark Side. Just my opinion. I begrudge no one if they prefer In the Court.
  • Like 3

Overall, I appreciate King Crimson more than Pink Floyd. Crimson's discography is all over the map resulting in more variety and a much more interesting ride. Floyd is pretty much middle of the road in comparison. With that said, Dark Side is so much more focused and visionary than In the Court. It's precise and unified. The lyrics, melodies and music compliment each other in amazing ways and not a note is wasted. For example, there is no "Moonchild" taking up space with instrumental meandering and noodling. Crimson ran out of ideas with In the Court. Floyd capitalized on every idea with Dark Side. Just my opinion. I begrudge no one if they prefer In the Court.

i agree with everything here.

Mick

• Like 1

Scenes From A Memory is better than both.

random Segue is Random. lol

and close to kinda correct.

it's better then In the Court.

Mick

Dark Side Of The Moon is boring.

Mick

Twenty one Pilots is boring.

ATTA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

How likely is it that you will land in the recovery position after I've pushed you down a flight of stairs?

• Like 1

Mick

ATTA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

How likely is it that you will land in the recovery position after I've pushed you down a flight of stairs?

oh I'll sue ya......and people feel sorry for us cripples, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

ATTA BOY!!!!!!!!!!!

Mick

oh I'll sue ya......and people feel sorry for us cripples, lol

Mick

I likely have strong mental problems and I have an ailing leg.

I will just say I fell over during a panic attack.

I will sue you for libel.

• Like 1

Rerushed put it perfectly in my broom cupboard in...well...As usual. ;)

;)

Edited by Segue Myles

ITCOTCK is great of course, but when you compare it's less awesome moments (I Talk To The Wind, most of Moonchild) to the less awesome moments on Dark Side, there is no contest here.

I could listen to Dark Side Of The Moon all day every day and be pretty much satisfied. I'd also be satisfied if I'd never listen to it again, as the music on that album is so present and repayable that it's been imbedded into my psyche mores than some (dare I possibly say most) Queen albums. Dark Side is one of those albums that just can't help but live up to the hype. It has no real faults, no dull moments, and never fails to satisfy. It runs like water.

Also DSOTM has better production, and that certainly matters more and more the longer time goes on.