The ANTI Toto Thread

I had a friend in the 80's who was a guitarist who spend days and weeks trying to get the Running With the Night solo right. That's the Lukather solo on the Lionel Ritchie tune. I used to arrive at his house knock on the door get no response, go round the back and the window would be open and there it was again Running with the Night!! :musicnote: :guitar:
  • Like 4

Maybe he couldn't get it right because it wasn't a worked out solo...

The electric guitar solo on "Running with the Night" was played by Steve Lukather, best known as a member of the rock band Toto. Lukather sat down in the studio and the engineer played the basic tracks of the song, for him to hear for the first time, so he could plan his part. As the music played, he jammed along on his instrument. At the conclusion of the tune, he said to the engineer, "Okay, I'm ready for a take." The producer replied, "That was a take."

• Like 2

I had a friend in the 80's who was a guitarist who spend days and weeks trying to get the Running With the Night solo right. That's the Lukather solo on the Lionel Ritchie tune. I used to arrive at his house knock on the door get no response, go round the back and the window would be open and there it was again Running with the Night!! :musicnote: :guitar:

Love Steve Lukather!

• Like 1

Seriously, that Lukather fellow has some serious chops.

His solo work is frequently brilliant.

TURN BACK is a killer album!

One of their best!

The electric guitar solo on "Running with the Night" was played by Steve Lukather, best known as a member of the rock band Toto. Lukather sat down in the studio and the engineer played the basic tracks of the song, for him to hear for the first time, so he could plan his part. As the music played, he jammed along on his instrument. At the conclusion of the tune, he said to the engineer, "Okay, I'm ready for a take." The producer replied, "That was a take."

I've read that before, and it is a great story! He also played on Thriller, though they brought in EVH for the solo on Beat It. The rest was Lukather.

• Like 1

I've read that before, and it is a great story! He also played on Thriller, though they brought in EVH for the solo on Beat It. The rest was Lukather.

Yeah Lukather was one of the session giants of the 80's along with Dann Huff, Michael Landau, Paul Jackson jnr (mostly clean rhythm stuff) and Dean Parks (mostly acoustic stuff).

If we could stop this now, that would be great.

I will have 73 close all of the ANTI threads

He better not close my thread! I didn't do anything wrong.

You did. you made a hate thread about my favorite band and it hurt my feelings.

:(

You made two.

I know, and then I decided to stop, and people would not listen.

Sounds like Don McLean.

They would not listen they did not know how

Perhaps they'll listen now

Anti- Anti- threads

Hate posts cover forum walls

Trollers troll while lovers call

For peaceful posts from one and all

• Like 2

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N0azz9WeltI/U5xjjZO55FI/AAAAAAAAGXE/JxLejTF3HQU/s1600/Toto+-+Turn+Back+%5BRock+Candy+remaster%5D+-+front.gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xk4jmzKaZdE/U5xjuukWUcI/AAAAAAAAGXM/UuP5AKq7Hig/s1600/Toto+-+Turn+Back+%5BRock+Candy+remaster%5D+(back).gif

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xk4jmzKaZdE/U5xjuukWUcI/AAAAAAAAGXM/UuP5AKq7Hig/s1600/Toto+-+Turn+Back+%5BRock+Candy+remaster%5D+(back).gif

Now those guys look like rock stars!

• Like 1

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-N0azz9WeltI/U5xjjZO55FI/AAAAAAAAGXE/JxLejTF3HQU/s1600/Toto+-+Turn+Back+%5BRock+Candy+remaster%5D+-+front.gif

I want to collect all the rock candy remasters

• Like 1

The guitarist is fuckking incredible!

What are Toto's three hardest cranking songs? I take them for real mellow.

The heaviest album they did was Turn Back. I'll post a few tracks later.

TO THE SPOTIFY CAVE!

Lukather is an unheralded riffmeister!

Beat It.

Really?? I never knew that. Awesome. Also Toto is all over Shes A Beauty by the Tubes.

Edited by Digital Dad
  • Like 2