The ANTI Toto Thread

Yes, your fate IS sealed with my lance.

My lance. Yes, you heard me.

might i just say.......that's one of my fave Toto songs.

I CAN TELL BY THE LOOK IN YOUR EYE!!!!

Mick

Same!

I want to know if the remastered Hydra is better than the standard CD.

i love the live in poland version so much energy.

The piano line in that song is boss.

Mick

Defo!

But I read a few reviews saying the original CD was awful compared to the vinyl...but the remasters are a bit pricey so I am not eager to risk disappointment

i don't have any Toto on vinyl.

you'd think i'd remedy that, lol

Mick

I have the debut, IV and Fahrenheit. I want to get Isolation on Vinyl as well.

How many ROCK CANDYS have you got??? I'm going for ALL 7! From TOTO to the Seventh One.

http://i.imgur.com/MkjHyp3.jpg

Mick

Same!

Mick

Defo!

But I read a few reviews saying the original CD was awful compared to the vinyl...but the remasters are a bit pricey so I am not eager to risk disappointment

Mick

How many ROCK CANDYS have you got??? I'm going for ALL 7! From TOTO to the Seventh One.

So far no Toto.

But I have the Strangeways and Trillion albums and want more!

Have you heard the remasters? I will get them anyway but I might get them sooner

Mick

Same!

Mick

Defo!

Mick

So far no Toto.

Have you heard the remasters? I will get them anyway but I might get them sooner

I've got tons of ROCK CANDYS and I went ape when I found out about these but I didn't do anything until now! TOTO will dominate my ROCK CANDY selections. The most CANDYS I have of one band are 4 of DOKKEN, and then 3 of Vandenberg and a few others. You need the KANSAS ones.

Mick

Same!

Mick

Defo!

Mick

So far no Toto.

I've got tons of ROCK CANDYS and I went ape when I found out about these but I didn't do anything until now! TOTO will dominate my ROCK CANDY selections. The most CANDYS I have of one band are 4 of DOKKEN, and then 3 of Vandenberg and a few others. You need the KANSAS ones.

Yes I love those three Kansas albums and the Dokken ones are very enticing...King's X have one and Trapeze...

Stacks of great eighties metal and AOR it's just a matter of how much do I spend at a time and where the he'll to I begin haha (I began with Trillion).

I have some wonderful chats with the guys at Rock Candy records. They really know their stuff and they love to share what they know! Excellent label. The best in my opinion.

I will start with the Toto albums. Possibly Turn Back as that has the worst sound of my CD's. It's a great album too!

Mick

Same!

Mick

Defo!

Mick

So far no Toto.

Yes I love those three Kansas albums and the Dokken ones are very enticing...King's X have one and Trapeze...

Stacks of great eighties metal and AOR it's just a matter of how much do I spend at a time and where the he'll to I begin haha (I began with Trillion).

Trillion provided TOTO with their new lead singer for the Isolation album.

I have some wonderful chats with the guys at Rock Candy records. They really know their stuff and they love to share what they know! Excellent label. The best in my opinion.

I will start with the Toto albums. Possibly Turn Back as that has the worst sound of my CD's. It's a great album too!

Chats?

I've heard that the CANDY remaster for Turn Back really makes it sound great.

Chats?

I emailed them and asked for info and to tell them how much I loved the essays. They recommended me other bands some not on the label. Really nice guys!

Chats?

I emailed them and asked for info and to tell them how much I loved the essays. They recommended me other bands some not on the label. Really nice guys!

Yeah which ones?

Was it Dante Bonutto or Derek Oliver?

Mick

Same!

Mick

Defo!

Mick

So far no Toto.

Yes! I am a huge Isolation fan and I had seen Trillion's debut mentioned a few times on those Amazon Listmania lists members to used to make. I looked into it one time as the artwork kept catching my eye, I saw he was involved and snapped it up!

What do you think of Isolation? I find it really underrated.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

Derek Oliver. My Strangeways Native Sons features his 5K rated Kerrang review and I love his passion and he is an awesome guy! It's been a while since I looked at the website.

• Like 1

Mick

Same!

Mick

Defo!

Mick

So far no Toto.

Yes! I am a huge Isolation fan and I had seen Trillion's debut mentioned a few times on those Amazon Listmania lists members to used to make. I looked into it one time as the artwork kept catching my eye, I saw he was involved and snapped it up!

What do you think of Isolation? I find it really underrated.

It's good, has lots of great stuff on it. It's kind of a cross between Turn Back and Fahrenheit.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

Derek Oliver. My Strangeways Native Sons features his 5K rated Kerrang review and I love his passion and he is an awesome guy! It's been a while since I looked at the website.

They have some new ones coming out in July. Not ones I'm interested in but you might be.

Brilliant! This and Hydra are the two I most want to hear remastered.

Brilliant! This and Hydra are the two I most want to hear remastered.

Have a look on amazon there's some reviews of the Turn Back Candy.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

They have some new ones coming out in July. Not ones I'm interested in but you might be.

Ooh OK I will take a look!

I have used the website as a sort of wishlist. I have yet to listen to anything the label has chosen and not like it.

Angel was another awesome discovery through them. And Starcastle.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

I have used the website as a sort of wishlist. I have yet to listen to anything the label has chosen and not like it.

I might need to get the debut Danger, Danger album. It features the mighty Andy Timmons. :notworthy:

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

I might need to get the debut Danger, Danger album. It features the mighty Andy Timmons. :notworthy:

That was one of the first albums that caught my eye! The artwork grabbed me...I read the write up and...erm...I found a mediafire download.

Yes I must get that album! I like the next couple they did as well (YouTube was to thank for that!).

Were they well known back in the eighties?

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

That was one of the first albums that caught my eye! The artwork grabbed me...I read the write up and...erm...I found a mediafire download.

Yes I must get that album! I like the next couple they did as well (YouTube was to thank for that!).

I vaguely heard of them but no not really, they were eclipsed by bands like GnR and Winger and Poison and even White Lion and Great White.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

I vaguely heard of them but no not really, they were eclipsed by bands like GnR and Winger and Poison and even White Lion and Great White.

I was raised on grunge and never thought that era could be taken seriously.

Thank goodness I joined this forum I like all I have heard of these bands! Not a big GnR fan though.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

Thank goodness I joined this forum I like all I have heard of these bands! Not a big GnR fan though.

I never liked grunge. When the grunge thing was happening I was still into the same bands and for a while in the 90's I became a jazz snob.

Chats?

Yeah which ones?

I never liked grunge. When the grunge thing was happening I was still into the same bands and for a while in the 90's I became a jazz snob.

It was all I knew for like ten years from the age of like four to fourteen. By the time I was 12 I thought Nirvana invented rock and by 15 I was embarrassed by my stupidity.

Again I grew up in a posh area so my liking grunge at all was the equivalent of an earl nineties church burning black metalled in an Amish community.

You should have seen my neighbours faces the first time I played Ghost Reveries...

Anyway I digress. I am glad this forum introduced me to eighties metal beyond thrash and Maiden. It's still fascinating me! It's like a whole other world never mind decade, at least to me haha