Permanent-Rush

29 members have voted

1. 1. What would you prefer when listing to music

• Vinyl
    • Cd's
    • Cassetes
    • Digital
    • 8-Tracks

Vinyl by far. I got about 1000 vinyls and my collection is just growing. While I only got 40-50 CDs.

How many of that 1000 is Rush? 500? 750?!?

I was gonna say that I wasn't aware that Rush had released a thousand things on vinyl.

As for the youtube debate, it is a good way to discover new music. Most bands put their new singles up on it. If that didn't happen there would be a number of bands I would have never discovered.

It also comes in handy if you want to listen to an old album you lost or a rare release you can't find anywhere else.

And sometimes you can send a youtube link to someone else to introduce them to a song, or band or album.

You're quite good at doing that via PM

I know I pick people at random to harass about certain bands I'm obsessed with that particular day or week. :16ton:

• Like 3

I tend to stream most music (even the rush I own) through YouTube mostly. Convenient. I either use some decent noise cancelling headphones or my jam box by the pool.

:boo hiss:

Which part; streaming, Rush, YouTube, convenience, headphones, jam box, or pool?

You Tube.

Why? Did they delete your account or something?

No, I just don't think You Tube is for music.

There are entire albums posted there.

I know, but you tube should be for video's, not music.

Nonsense.

YouTube should be used for anything you can find out of it.

Yeah, but not for music.

"Anything" is anything. And it includes music.

Whatever.

"Whatever"...my favorite of all replies. :LOL:

• Like 2

Vinyl by far. I got about 1000 vinyls and my collection is just growing. While I only got 40-50 CDs.

I was gonna say that I wasn't aware that Rush had released a thousand things on vinyl.

As for the youtube debate, it is a good way to discover new music. Most bands put their new singles up on it. If that didn't happen there would be a number of bands I would have never discovered.

It also comes in handy if you want to listen to an old album you lost or a rare release you can't find anywhere else.

And sometimes you can send a youtube link to someone else to introduce them to a song, or band or album.

You're quite good at doing that via PM

I know I pick people at random to harass about certain bands I'm obsessed with that particular day or week. :16ton:

You must send a lot of Spice Girls videos

Just kidding...

I always like to see what you are listening too. Your diverse taste in metal is a real eye opener!

I listen to music in whichever format I damn well please.....

usually tends to be digital nowadays.

Used to have a mighty fine vinyl collection back in the day but it got stolen, so I was grateful for the opportunity to digitally replace most of it.

What ever you guys think, I do listen to other things then Rush.

Who votes for f***ing 8 tracks?

I heard they suck.

You'll find that people like to joke around on here.

If you put up what is perceived to be a joke option, in this case the 8-track, someone is gonna vote for it just to be goofy.

I listen to music in whichever format I damn well please.....

usually tends to be digital nowadays.

Used to have a mighty fine vinyl collection back in the day but it got stolen, so I was grateful for the opportunity to digitally replace most of it.

I'll send a few back to you they might be a bit scratched up though! :oops:

Victor?

• Like 2

Victor?

My Favorite Headache?

Who votes for f***ing 8 tracks?

I heard they suck.

You'll find that people like to joke around on here.

If you put up what is perceived to be a joke option, in this case the 8-track, someone is gonna vote for it just to be goofy.

I like 16 track myself. It really opened up a world of possibilities. Especially when you could stack decks and make 32 track.

• Like 1

Victor?

My Favorite Headache?

Burning For Buddy vols 1 and 2?

• Like 2

I tend to stream most music (even the rush I own) through YouTube mostly. Convenient. I either use some decent noise cancelling headphones or my jam box by the pool.

:boo hiss:

Which part; streaming, Rush, YouTube, convenience, headphones, jam box, or pool?

You Tube.

Why? Did they delete your account or something?

No, I just don't think You Tube is for music.

There are entire albums posted there.

I know, but you tube should be for video's, not music.

Nonsense.

YouTube should be used for anything you can find out of it.

Yeah, but not for music.

"Anything" is anything. And it includes music.

Whatever.

"Whatever"...my favorite of all replies. :LOL:

Ahhh the folly of youth.

I do love the sound of vinyl, but the practicality of having hundreds of songs stored digitally, available whenever and wherever I want, outweighs vinyl's superior sonic quality.
  • Like 3

I like having a hard copy on CD, but I digitize them and listen to them in a digital format.

That's what I do now. It's so damn convenient to walk around with my huge CD collection on a 32 gig iPod.