What's the weather like right now?

jamie

Was out on the street just before 8am and already brutally hot, probably low-mid 30s. I think the lows at night are still high 20s.

Sorry Fahrenheiters!

Dumb question, does any country other than the US still use Fahrenheit? Other than the Stuckinthepast Islands or the Dontwannamakethechange tribe of West Java (aka the Badui).

Just asked Google: nope!

Our refusal to adopt metrics is just stupid. We waste hours upon hours of school time teaching gallons to quarts to miles to furlongs. It's no wonder we're so dumb. :P

Canadians haven't done that great with the metric system as a whole. We are fine using Celsius for the temperature but when it comes to weights and measurements we are still pretty much stuck using inches, feet and pounds. If you ask a Canadian their height and weight, odds are they will answer with feet, inches and pounds. Even though all of our speed limit road signs are marked in KM about fifty percent of the Canadians will still give distances and speeds in miles. The news reports snowfall in centimeters but I hear people asking all the time "How many inches is that?". After almost 50 years of having the metric system implemented I think we are still resisting it for the most part.

Yeah, it’s weird that many still use feet and pounds for personal measurements. Why? Laziness? Sounds cooler? I dunno...

We learned metric in grade 4. Goodbye rods and chains, fathoms and leagues! :LOL:

Being measurementally “bilingual”, I’m happy to give height/weight in Metric/imperial to Customs officials everywhere. :P

• Like 1

Was out on the street just before 8am and already brutally hot, probably low-mid 30s. I think the lows at night are still high 20s.

Sorry Fahrenheiters!

Dumb question, does any country other than the US still use Fahrenheit? Other than the Stuckinthepast Islands or the Dontwannamakethechange tribe of West Java (aka the Badui).

Just asked Google: nope!

Our refusal to adopt metrics is just stupid. We waste hours upon hours of school time teaching gallons to quarts to miles to furlongs. It's no wonder we're so dumb. :P

Canadians haven't done that great with the metric system as a whole. We are fine using Celsius for the temperature but when it comes to weights and measurements we are still pretty much stuck using inches, feet and pounds. If you ask a Canadian their height and weight, odds are they will answer with feet, inches and pounds. Even though all of our speed limit road signs are marked in KM about fifty percent of the Canadians will still give distances and speeds in miles. The news reports snowfall in centimeters but I hear people asking all the time "How many inches is that?". After almost 50 years of having the metric system implemented I think we are still resisting it for the most part.

Yeah, it’s weird that many still use feet and pounds for personal measurements. Why? Laziness? Sounds cooler? I dunno...

We learned metric in grade 4. Goodbye rods and chains, fathoms and leagues! :LOL:

Being measurementally “bilingual”, I’m happy to give height/weight in Metric/imperial to Customs officials everywhere. :P

I much prefer the American math to the British math for weather and my field of HVAC related construction.

Neither Trudeau punk has done anything for Canada except raise each Canadians personal debt and make our country the laughing stock of the world in each of their pitiful tenures as Prime Minister.

The noctujack rabbit "Uncle Benny" that lurks by my driveway where Achilles and Uncle Buck are parked,

just trudged through my back alley mumbling ... two more weeks of minus temperatures and godawful snow ... all I'm asking for is a freakin dandelion for christ sakes! An Easter egg for your dandelions!

• Like 1

The noctujack rabbit "Uncle Benny" that lurks by my driveway where Achilles and Uncle Buck are parked,

just trudged through my back alley mumbling ... two more weeks of minus temperatures and godawful snow ... all I'm asking for is a freakin dandelion for christ sakes! An Easter egg for your dandelions!

I'm with you! Just heard the forecast for Monday AM- 2-5 inches of snow! :wtf:

I get to spend all morning shoveling and scraping ice off sidewalks and driveways.....before all the snow arrives.....

I love spring

Currently +3 C and sunny ... grin

wind ESE 53k gusting to 62k ... oh well could be worse

Rain this evening turning to freezing rain ... there goes the BBQ can always make KD

5 to 10 cm of snow overnight ... I love winter

I suppose I shouldn't have fired up the Caddy (Uncle Buck) this morning ... spring fever premature style.

• Like 1

One more small load of snow tomorrow (1-3") and then 50 degrees on Thursday. 60's this weekend and all next week.

I like it.

:sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

It SUCKS! started out cloudy, warmed a little to upper 30's, got sunny in late afternoon, now it's 39 degrees, cloudy again, and SNOWING! EqgigUb.gif

RsUGzh4.gif

Onalaska, WI. April 18th, 2018 :o :o

BUd8Iqp.jpg

April 20th, 2018 :D :D :D

A5chdEq.jpg

Right now, 7:53 pm, 56 degrees, sunny, 21% humidity, 9 mph winds from the NNW. warmer and warmer....keep it going.....

eY9bECC.gif

Sunny and 71 (that's SEVENTY-ONE) degrees..... just five days after my town was blanketed with ice and snow.

:sundog: :sundog: :sundog:

• Like 1

Yeah, the buds have started opening up on some of the bushes, and the Maple tree outside the front of the right side of the building is about to burst forth.....anyway, today, Sunny, 57°, wind 10 mph from North. 22% Humidity. WARMTH is still going UP!

dDMuZuv.gif

• Like 1