Is RUSH Still a Rock Band?

JohnRogers

A customer and I were discussing the Styx show last week in town thn he asked me is RUSH still a Band? I for the very first time hesitated in giving my answer but after some thought gave the usual answer RUSH is still a band. My hesitation came from the thought that this band for all I know will probably never tour together again. We will be lucky if they ever produce another studio album together if they never do any of the latter......

What aboot you fans is RUSH STILL a band?

Edited by JohnRogers
  • Like 1

Rush:

1968-2015 (on indefinite hiatus)

I personally classify them as being on hiatus. No member has given an exact answer yet on the future of Rush nor have they made any official statements. Until that changes, I consider them to be on hiatus.

Edited by fraroc

Hearing "ooh what a nice, contented world, let the banners be unfurled, hold the red star proudly high in hand " blaring from my car speakers at about 130DB today tells me that Rush is very much alive, and always will be ..

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 4

It might depend on how well Neil's books sell, so please don't buy them! :madra: :joker:

I'm willing to make that sacrifice, though if I have friends and family with insomnia issues, it might be a bit of a struggle.

• Like 1

They will be when they play Radio City Music Hall for three night this coming November.

Gilmour will warm it up for them TOMORROW NIGHT!!

• Like 1

Time will tell.

Wasn't Geddy just in California?

So was Alex...bet they were recording.

Tombstone has returned, the mission of this thread is complete. This thread may now be locked and archived.

• Like 2

Time will tell.

Tombstone has returned, the mission of this thread is complete. This thread may now be locked and archived.

As cool as it is to have TM back, you have asked very important philosophical questions in the OP.

The short answer is of course they are still a band, as documented by the semi official Rush site RIAB, not RWAB. Very telling.

Secondly, the band least likely to still be a band in the OP is of course Styx, as with all their lineup changes, Rush would never be allowed to keep their name were they to have similar trajectory.

• Like 2

Time will tell.

...you have asked very important philosophical questions in the OP.

The short answer is of course they are still a band, as documented by the semi official Rush site RIAB, not RWAB. Very telling.

Secondly, the band least likely to still be a band in the OP is of course Styx, as with all their lineup changes, Rush would never be allowed to keep their name were they to have similar trajectory.

Agreed.

Time will tell.

Hmmm… didn't know Alex was out there as well. This makes me more nervous than optimistic.

Why nervous?

Guess they are asking Neil in person if there is any aspect he wants to participate, writing, etc...

Time will tell.

Hmmm… didn't know Alex was out there as well. This makes me more nervous than optimistic.

Why nervous?

Guess they are asking Neil in person if there is any aspect he wants to participate, writing, etc...

Any of which they could do on the phone. Doubt that's why they were there.

Time will tell.

Why nervous?

The possibilities are endless.

Time will tell.

Why nervous?

The possibilities are endless.

And yet there is only one possibility that is the truth...

Time will tell.

It probably went down like this:

:Alex: Hey Neil, Geddy and I are coming to California according to plan.

:geddy: Yeah Pratt. The plan to feign retirement is working. The fans will freak when we hit the road again. Guaranteed sell outs again!

:Neil: Great guys. Remember, I'm not touring again. I told you what my plans were.

:Alex: Yeah yeah yeah Neil.

:Neil: No. I'm serious this time. I'm DONE! Finito.

:geddy: C'mon Neil. We'll even let you ride your motorcycle again. We won't take away your "fun" license.

:Neil: Oh alright!

• Like 5

Time will tell.

It probably went down like this:

:Alex: Hey Neil, Geddy and I are coming to California according to plan.

:geddy: Yeah Pratt. The plan to feign retirement is working. The fans will freak when we hit the road again. Guaranteed sell outs again!

:Neil: Great guys. Remember, I'm not touring again. I told you what my plans were.

:Alex: Yeah yeah yeah Neil.

:Neil: No. I'm serious this time. I'm DONE! Finito.

:geddy: C'mon Neil. We'll even let you ride your motorcycle again. We won't take away your "fun" license.

:Neil: Oh alright!

TM, its great to have your comedy back on TRF.

I have been thinking about how Ged would handle this since the end of R40. As Eagle said, probably its just a phone call. But this may be different. They have invested 40 years together, rose to the heights of their industry together.

As flippant as we like to make Neil seem, for him to see his nearly lifelong bandmates write and record with someone else, it may matter to him.

To get a heartfelt soulsearching process, an in person discussion may be appropriate. Geddy seems to be a very thoughtful considerate person, and may want something so important discussed in person. Or he just wanted to see the sun set over the Pacific. Double meaning??

• Like 3