Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

willowroolz

Way too many spoilers suddenly in this thread.

C'mon now Ancient, don't be that guy.

If I hadn't already seen it I would not want to know some of these things and the movie has only been out about a week AND the forum has a function to hide spoilers so I ask YOU not to be that guy.

• Like 2

If I hadn't already seen it I would not want to know some of these things and the movie has only been out about a week AND the forum has a function to hide spoilers so I ask YOU not to be that guy.

Too late.

I see your "don't be that guy" and raise you a "really?"

If you're on the internet looking at a movie thread and you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers then don't be in that thread.

• Like 1

"Be careful not to choke on your aspirations"

Can I nit pick some elements? Yes. Was much of the facial CGI disappointing? Yes.

Yet had the film been total crap, which it wasn't. The last three minutes were sooooo worth it. Bad Ass Vader was back!

Actually a former member here worked on the facial CGI for Tarkin. I thought her company did a pretty good job. Though there is an uncanny quality to it.

• Like 1

Can I nit pick some elements? Yes. Was much of the facial CGI disappointing? Yes.

Yet had the film been total crap, which it wasn't. The last three minutes were sooooo worth it. Bad Ass Vader was back!

Actually a former member here worked on the facial CGI for Tarkin. I thought her company did a pretty good job. Though there is an uncanny quality to it.

They did a great job!
  • Like 1

I see your "don't be that guy" and raise you a "really?"

If you're on the internet looking at a movie thread and you haven't seen it and don't want spoilers then don't be in that thread.

So why does the forum have a way of posting spoilers so you have an option to not see them if you don't want to? Why be difficult just for the sake of it? Sometimes it's ok to say "my bad" and move on instead of getting defensive.

Saw it again.......and it's Way better than TFA......though i still loved that one. In fact this is the best SW film in a long time.

Mick

I must beg to disagree. TFA was a crowd pleaser for sure, but I didn't notice it sacrificing anything particularly notable in order to crowd please so darn well. Certainly the most emotional response I've ever had to a movie was at TFA. Rogue One is excellent, but not quite perfect enough for me to push it ahead of TFA.

Saw it again.......and it's Way better than TFA......though i still loved that one. In fact this is the best SW film in a long time.

Mick

I must beg to disagree. TFA was a crowd pleaser for sure, but I didn't notice it sacrificing anything particularly notable in order to crowd please so darn well. Certainly the most emotional response I've ever had to a movie was at TFA. Rogue One is excellent, but not quite perfect enough for me to push it ahead of TFA.

lol that's ok.......TFA was a great film. i just like that Rogue one was on the darker side of things.

I also prefer the Female lead Character to the one in TFA.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

TFA was a near total remake of IV in a lot of people's minds and were disappointed at the lack of originality. Rogue one is very original especially for Star Wars. I have high hopes for the other standalones. The Han Solo movie has a lot less locked in back story that they have to shoehorn in the story. Really just need to explain how he met Chewie, lando and winning the falcon. The rest seems like a blank canvas.

• Like 3

I had avoided all spoilers before seeing the movie, and so I didn't know of the plans to resurrect Tarkin. I thought his face was enhanced, but I also thought it was a real actor. Leia, on the other hand, was poorly done in a jarring way.

• Like 2

I had avoided all spoilers before seeing the movie, and so I didn't know of the plans to resurrect Tarkin. I thought his face was enhanced, but I also thought it was a real actor. Leia, on the other hand, was poorly done in a jarring way.

That one was a bit more unsettling. Another studio did her face

Tarkin didn't pull me out of the movie at all. As I said, I didn't even realize the extent of the CGI. Leia, though, was like a slap in the face to me.

• Like 1

Tarkin didn't pull me out of the movie at all. As I said, I didn't even realize the extent of the CGI. Leia, though, was like a slap in the face to me.

Same here.
  • Like 1

Reminded me of Shrek.

Same here.

I wish.

A friend whose opinion I trust posted a non-spoiler brief review. Under the category Bad was CGI faces not up to Disney and Lucas Films standards. When Tarkin shows up I'm pulled out of the film, staring at his mouth as he speaks. There are brief moments it works, they should have engaged a less is more approach when he is speaking. Leia looks like an animated character, why not use her face from New Hope? She speaks a single line of dialogue. Am I making sense?

• Like 1

I just came from watching it.

IMHO, any of the nitpicking that's already been done in here is kind of a waste of time---background score, Tarkin's face, Leia's face, whatever. This is a good movie that remains fun despite not being as light as all the others. Definitely the best Star Wars flick to come out since Empire.

Grade: A

• Like 4

Same here.

I wish.

A friend whose opinion I trust posted a non-spoiler brief review. Under the category Bad was CGI faces not up to Disney and Lucas Films standards. When Tarkin shows up I'm pulled out of the film, staring at his mouth as he speaks. There are brief moments it works, they should have engaged a less is more approach when he is speaking. Leia looks like an animated character, why not use her face from New Hope? She speaks a single line of dialogue. Am I making sense?

I wonder if watching in 3D helps the affect...everything is less clear in 3D (at least for me).

The nearest cinema to me not only has 3D but also 4D for Rogue One. 4D would include seats that are vibrating, shaking, have leg tickling, mist, etc. Is this usual where you guys are? This seems more like a theme park attraction but the theater by me is just a regular cinema, albeit a good one.

((Thinking this post might've gotten lost in everything))

No theater near you guys have this?

The nearest cinema to me not only has 3D but also 4D for Rogue One. 4D would include seats that are vibrating, shaking, have leg tickling, mist, etc. Is this usual where you guys are? This seems more like a theme park attraction but the theater by me is just a regular cinema, albeit a good one.

((Thinking this post might've gotten lost in everything))

No theater near you guys have this?

I didn't think you were serious.

• Like 1