Say nice things about your least favorite Rush album

Day of Light

My least favourite Rush album is way better than a favourite album by any other band! :madra:

All of my favourite bands have least worthy albums superior to Signals, Counterparts, Roll The Bones and albums I love even more than the best of Rush, so afraid I don't have these feelings at all haha!

It was a joke...hello, McFly!
  • Like 1

My least favourite Rush album is way better than a favourite album by any other band! :madra:

All of my favourite bands have least worthy albums superior to Signals, Counterparts, Roll The Bones and albums I love even more than the best of Rush, so afraid I don't have these feelings at all haha!

It was a joke...hello, McFly!

Haha!

This reminds me of me and my best friend arguing about which band is best:Rush or UK boyband McFly!

Silly boy he is...he still hasn't come to his senses haha

• Like 1

There is not yet an indisputable link between exposure to Presto and an elevated risk of developing cancer. Not yet.

I don't get how some people put "Counterparts" in the same breath as "TFE" as far as bad albums! Except for that inane, "Ah yes to yes to ahhhhh to yes" part, "Counterparts" was a very good album. All of "TFE" was just stupid...lyrically.

I get to hear Geddy advise us to "stick it out", moan, and say "penetrate".

And then....soooo tiiiiiiiight!

I hate this song even more than I realised.

The 'so tight' bit is actually in Double Agent, and not Stick it Out.

I was trying to piece the song together in my mind and it wasn't working! Now I know why!

I won't replay Stick It Out though. Arg that song makes me so angry that I want to shoot cute things.

*myself hehehe*

I like Stick it Out. I like most of that album. I do not care for Nobody's Hero and The Speed of Love. But the rest I like. Its better than RtB.

Cut To The Chase and especially Between Sun&Moon are very good. Never understood why BS&M wasnt played live until Vapor Trails tour and then forgotten about again

Those two songs are the best on the album.

and Double Agent

Hello

I can only comment really on the beginning up to Signals and GUP. Taking those 2 out of the equation I would have to say "Caress of Steel" was a weak point but ultimately a very important album.

The positives that I can say is that it produced one of the bands greatest ever tracks "Bastille Day" and other wonderful songs like "Lakeside Park"

I think the most positive thing I can say is that it was a very important stepping stone from the band. After the success of FBN they could have just pumped out the same album after album, but the band were very ambitious and progressive musically. It was experimental and in that way so much Kudos to them.

Without "Caress" there would never have been "2112" or "Kings" or "Hemispheres".

So in that way I believe that COS was very important to the evolution of the band.

I hope that makes some sort of sense

KR's

Steve

I hated VT on first listen because of the production and some of the songwriting wasn't up to scratch.But it slowly grew on me and by the time of the remix i was getting excited.I do this with other bands.I am still trying Tales from Topographic and Tormato from Yes.I actually play these albums more than others trying to find something good.

Without the original artists on Feedback, we might never have had RUSH.

The stone guy on T4E must've taken a long time to.. ah, build?

9 out of 10 songs on Hold Your Fire aren't Tai Shan.

Vapor Trails(original)is louder and more Heavy Metal than Presto.

Not much to say about Presto, except,...I like the instrumentation on Show Don't Tell, the interplay between the guys sounds a little like Freewill. So that's a positive, back to being a power trio. The way it should be. They could have made it a little heavier sounding though. Hard rock bands in the 80s and late in the decade evolved and the guitar became heavier/crunchier and more dominant. Rush did the opposite. They almost completely eliminated the guitar and became A Flock Of Seagulls (ever see the video for Red Sector A? They look like a cross between Flock of Seagulls and Miami Vice). It's not a power duo,....it's called power trio, that means 3! 1-2-3. 1+1+1= 3. That's 3. "oooh-hahahahah"!

I do like Superconductor a lot. But that's it, the only two stand out tracks. Lyrically the album is a dud and wimpy.

Alex says that Signals sounded "underproduced". I disagree. I think it sounds great. I'm sorry, they never should have fired Terry Brown. After the success of Hemispheres, Perm W, and MP, you fire the studio coach? That's like winning 3 superbowls, then going deep in the playoffs and nearly making it again the next year, then firing him. What gives?
  • Like 1

The debut isn't as bad as it seems on first listen, because the guys could at least play decently.

Vapor Trails luckily was remixed into something listenable throughout, even if some songs still are better skipped.