Iron Maiden tour opening night, Ft. Lauderdale 24. February - Periscope?

rushfanslo

What an amazing encore. Both songs flirting with mortality. The end. Even more poignant than Working Man/Garden Road.

I'll be at the NYC show in March. If this happens to be the band's swan song as far as touring and/or recording goes, I'm perfectly okay with it. Nothing much to say except thank you, Maiden! Fantastic setlist! :haz:

Edited by PolarizeMe

Just got home. The show was flat out fantastic!!!!!

The Red and The Black was EPIC!!!!!!! The Book of Souls material sounded even better live. Every song off the record they played rocked!!!

POWERSLAVE!!!!!! Was blown away they pulled that one out. Unexpected.

Blood Brothers was amazing. Just a great show and they were on fire.

• Like 6

Right on dude, of course its already all over the utubes.

Bruce opening the show up on his own? The encores...great song selections all the way thru. Really, kinda pissed they aren't coming thru SF but oh well. They didn't overdo TBOS but they well could have. Surprised at some of the song selections but really not a duff track among them.

The Red and The Black was EPIC!!!!!!! The Book of Souls material sounded even better live. Every song off the record they played rocked!!!

Great to hear. Big fan of the new album. Love that they always go deep into new records live. Awesome.

Awesome! Would have loved to been there. We're usually in Ft. Lauderdale this time of year for vacation but couldn't make it this spring. I freaking LOVE The Red and The Black.

The only track on the setlist I'm not too crazy about is Blood Brothers with its repetitive chorus. Aside from that, everything is awesome!

That is something I don't like about the newer (post-80s) Maiden -- too many songs have repetitive choruses. There are a couple verses then choruses for the next five minutes. Boring.

• Like 1

The show was fantastic. They were far better on this night than the last time I saw them on the Back In Time Tour.

And the reviewer can go suck it in regards to The Red And The Black which for me was probably the highlight of the evening. They played the living crap out of that song with a fierce power and energy I had not heard from them live in a long time.

I laugh every time I read a review and they complain about too much new music. Well....you obviously are not a musician and don't have a f***ing clue that the new music is what energizes you on stage and keeps things fresh for you as a player. The energy and passion you hear shines through on the newer material and it's so obvious how tired they are playing a tune like The Trooper. They blew through that as fast as they could to get back to the new stuff LOL.

It is called the Book of Souls Tour for a reason. If your a Maiden fan and don't like the new album.....too bad. They are playing half of it.

• Like 3

Maiden balanced it out right with the new and old stuff in this set. There's no reason to complain. A couple new ones, then an old favorite, then a couple more new ones and so on. This is exactly how Metallica did their set on the Death Magnetic tour. They played six new songs each night but they broke them up by throwing in old school stuff that people loved which is the proper way to do it.

Also, you would think since it's been over 16 years since Bruce came back and they've had four other tours in support of new albums, that most fans would know what's going on by now and expect a decent chunk of the new album at a Maiden show.

Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 2

I've never been a big fan but I'll be at the show in Tulsa tonight, my friend had an extra ticket and its free! I will try to periscope some of the show, however, we are NOT on the floor (thank goodness!) My periscope is Leanne01

I'm excited!

Edited by Leanne

Watching some of the videos on YouTube, Bruce still doesn't f**k around! Beating cancer, and still being able to perform like a physically fit 30-40 year old man AND sing, he is the definition of badass.
  • Like 3