Official PGA Tour Thread

Lost In Xanadu

Annnnnd, golf is gone. Everybody's already there, I don't know why they couldn't let them finish out the Players without the spectators, it's not like they all gather in in the locker room the same way as they do with team sports.

Yep. Incredibly silly overreaction but public pressure, media pressure and general unmitigated hysteria works in mysterious ways. Glad I got my 4 days in at Bay Hill before everyone went completely nuts...

The Masters postponed. The madness continues. I however am looking at all of this ridiculous news regarding the PGA tour and professional golf in general as a positive. I am closing on a new house today and am planning weeks of hard work on renovationing the place. No distractions for me over the next month. I'll just turn on the talk radio and ignore the rest...

The Masters postponed. The madness continues. I however am looking at all of this ridiculous news regarding the PGA tour and professional golf in general as a positive. I am closing on a new house today and am planning weeks of hard work on renovationing the place. No distractions for me over the next month. I'll just turn on the talk radio and ignore the rest...

Well that's good for you, then. I mean, I get the Masters, they don't want to hold it without spectators and it's everyone having to travel there, which is what we're all trying to avoid to flatten this thing out to give the healthcare industry a chance to treat who they can without being any more bombarded than they already are.

But it's going to be very weird without that one in particular, and those shots of the bougainvilllea, or whatever those flowers are that Jim Nantz always waxes poetically about, lol.

But I still wish they'd just LET THEM PLAY the rest of the Players sans the crowds! I'm working from home and could've watched it, I only saw a few minutes yesterday!

• Like 1

I watched a bit of the Match. Pretty dull, and Brady was terrible.

I kind of enjoyed it, but there were long stretches of dullness and God did it take forever.

• Like 1

The courses are open again here in NV. They are packed, from what I can see.

Most of the courses in Missouri never closed -- they were deemed essential by the governor, who, apparently and coincidentally, owns a golf course.

I've been playing twice a week, and will again tomorrow, if the weather holds.

I watched about three minutes of the match today, remembered how I felt about Tiger, Brady, and Phil, and went outside.

• Like 1

Michelle Wi made birdie on #18 to take a one shot lead going into Sunday. It was good to see some live golf again.

;)

• Like 1

Tournament golf is back! Justin Rose leading at the mo; I hardly notice the no-spectators thing since golf crowds are normally pretty quiet anyway! (Not Phoenix, obviously.)

If any sport can make it without fans being present, it's golf.
  • Like 1

I'm watching the full final round of the 2019 Masters on YouTube. I had forgotten what an incredible day that was. The leaderboard is jammed full of talent, all with Molinari in there sights.

Anyone could win this... ;)

^^^

Hole 13,from the final two groups, 4 of 6 players find the water, including Poulter, Finau, and the leader Molinari. I had forgotten that.

2 strokes back, Woods played smart and stayed away from the right side pin, bailing out to the left side of the green between the bunkers, ala Jack Nicklaus. His 50 ft putt is six feet short, but Tiger drains the longish par putt.

Meanwhile, in a group ahead Schauffle has four birdies in seven holes and sits tied for the lead at -11.

^^^

Patrick Cantlay, who has just made the cut Friday at +2, shoots a 64 Saturday, keeps it going Sunday making an eagle 3 on hole 15 to take the lead at -12.

Incredible golf.

^^^ Well, Tiger pulled it off, winning the Masters after an 11-year major drought, and 14 years since his last Masters title. Today, Tiger will try to win the US Open at Torrey Pines. It appears he had a good night's rest, as he looks 12 years younger. ;)

He's in good position with a one stroke lead at -3, after finishing Saturday's round with an incredible eagle-birdie-eagle run. Tiger's deadly with a lead, a lock for the win?

Edited by goose

^^^ And he's off to a rocky start, snap hooking his tee shot on hole 1 into bird's nest rough. From there he tugs it hard left into the gallery...

Tiger gets cute, takes it too high and into tree limbs overhead. Punches his next shot up toward the green. Up and down for an opening double bogey. Looks like he may have just given it away...

Tiger's rocky start has handed the lead to long-time RUSH fan Rocco Mediate. :)

Tiger, on tilt it seems, curiously takes out driver on hole 2. Sprays it right this time, into deep rough. Somehow he slashes it out and onto the green. Two putts from 60 feet and Tiger can save par...

Gets it to five feet on the first putt...misses the uphill putt and makes bogie. He's clearly limping as he storms off the green. I don't see him rebounding from this start.

Edited by goose

^^^ Johnny Miller agrees, noting that while we should never count Tiger out, after a +3 start we can now count him out.

Tiger makes par at 3 and then on 4 as well, after another sketchy tee shot.

Running around 13, the quick greens are making birdies hard to come by for everyone. Villegas, for example, just four putted for a double.

Tiger making pars now, but a reconditioned Lee Westwood has a one stroke lead and is showing no signs of faltering.

Tiger's not been finding many fairways, and as missed again on seven. Looks like it's sitting up...165 out...gets it on and a forward roll leaves him fifteen feet for a birdie attempt.

^^^ Birdie attempt just misses, and Tiger taps in for par.

And now play has been suspended for a lunch break. Never seen that before.

;)

^^^ After an hour lunch break that allowed viewers like me to practice pitching and putting, US Open play has resumed.

Tiger still one back at even par thru 7 holes, Westwood leading at -1. Mediate at level par. And Woods puts it in the front bunker off the tee on the par 3 8th.

Edited by goose

^^^ And Tiger gets it up and down for a sandy par. Conditions are tough, and no one is making a move, so maybe there's hope.

But that knee...

And he stripes his drive on hole 9. 266 out, he has a chance to get on the par 5 in two. Tiger stuffs a 3iron onto the green. Eagle putt coming up...

Edited by goose

^^^ Tiger snuggles the eagle attempt close, and gets an easy birdie. Meanwhile, ahead, Westwood makes a nice birdie of his own to keep the lead. Rocco answers as well!

Great golf going on, and I predict this is a final round that will be watched over and over for at least a decade.

:P