What Does TRF Mean To You?

Lorraine

It means a lot to me because of the way it helps my son write and learn ... He told me he has met some of the nicest people here and I believe him ... I just started a few weeks ago myself and I have been looking at it everyday ... I can say I would already miss it if it were gone ... Bravo to the rush forum !!

That's cool.

Who's your son?

And welcome to TRF Amps211!

:blaze:

entre_perpetuo

He's a great kid ....

and obviously has great taste and discernment. Always gives great takes on Clockwork Angels. Thumbs up!

He really loves that album ... I remember when he first tried to get me to listen to it I wasn't really liking it ... But he took his time and just kept sneaking in a track or two here and there on some mix tapes he makes for me and it grew on me ... He has done that same thing with several other bands .... Because of him I now enjoy bands like muse, the white stripes, radio head and many others .... You always want to think you have a big influence on your kids but the truth is he is having a HUGE influence on me

I apologize if the Yukon Blade Grinder has warped your child in any way.

Warp on ... He will be in college soon and the last thing I want is for him to just blend in ...

I love it! No, entre, please don't blend in. The world needs more not-totally-normal people :D

You just never know what's going to stick with your kids .... I said to him a long time ago .... Why in the world would you ever want to be normal? Now he repeats that back to me every once in a while ....

• Like 1

It means a lot to me because of the way it helps my son write and learn ... He told me he has met some of the nicest people here and I believe him ... I just started a few weeks ago myself and I have been looking at it everyday ... I can say I would already miss it if it were gone ... Bravo to the rush forum !!

Very cool...

...welcome to the TRF!

• Like 1

That's cool.

Who's your son?

entre_perpetuo

He's a great kid ....

and obviously has great taste and discernment. Always gives great takes on Clockwork Angels. Thumbs up!

He really loves that album ... I remember when he first tried to get me to listen to it I wasn't really liking it ... But he took his time and just kept sneaking in a track or two here and there on some mix tapes he makes for me and it grew on me ... He has done that same thing with several other bands .... Because of him I now enjoy bands like muse, the white stripes, radio head and many others .... You always want to think you have a big influence on your kids but the truth is he is having a HUGE influence on me

I wish I could connect with my parents that way. But, alas, they belong to an older generation and never got into that new-fangled "rock" thing.

Having common interest with your kids is a pretty cool thing but it isn't everything. I'm definitely finding that out with his sisters. They both are really into dance and well you know that kind of music. In a word I really do think it sucks. But for their sake I listen to it with them and sometimes I even dance a little. That always gets a laugh

Edited by Amps211
  • Like 4

What is normal?

Me.

1D 4evs, right?

Lol THE ONE TIME I PLAYED THEIR MUSIC...

totally 4evs.

What is normal?

Enjoying the Synth Era as much as the others.

Enjoying Presto more than Hemispheres.

What is normal?

Me.

1D 4evs, right?

totally 4evs.

Heh, that reminds me of going to see the R40 show in Vancouver. Rush was playing at the venue literally across the street from where 1D was playing. To find the correct venue I just followed the middle-aged men, rather than the teenaged girls :LOL:

• Like 2

I should be begging forgiveness too. :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

And add one of these ;) for good measure! :)

You would want a comma before "too" in that context.

Punctuation Police.

And for the record, Shel, your correction was spelling, not grammar.

Back on topic, I enjoy TRF for the pedanticism.

Are you sure? What is the grammar rule so that I can make a note of it?

I should be begging forgiveness, too. (comma right after "forgiveness")

Or, you could have written:

I should also be begging forgiveness. (no comma needed)

;) ;)

Please change my size of tutu to two, too.

A Spanish response to the question of how a person eats...

¿Cómo como? Como como como.

• Like 2

What is normal?

Me.

1D 4evs, right?

totally 4evs.

Heh, that reminds me of going to see the R40 show in Vancouver. Rush was playing at the venue literally across the street from where 1D was playing. To find the correct venue I just followed the middle-aged men, rather than the teenaged girls :LOL:

I would have gone to see Rush...but at this point in time, not sure anyone believes that hahahaha!!

• Like 1

What is normal?

Me.

1D 4evs, right?

totally 4evs.

I would have gone to see Rush...but at this point in time, not sure anyone believes that hahahaha!!

I don't.

What about Bongiovi vs 1D? Or da Boss?

• Like 1

What is normal?

Enjoying Hi Infidelity more than Moving Pictures. It's all about the same, so why not?

• Like 1

What is normal?

Me.

1D 4evs, right?

totally 4evs.

I don't.

What about Bongiovi vs 1D? Or da Boss?

Not a fan of One Direction. I just don't hate them.

Rush over Bon Jovi. Over Springsteen as well...live that man disappoints me because he sells his working class fanbase tickets fit for a King's wage.

• Like 1

What is normal?

Enjoying Hi Infidelity more than Moving Pictures. It's all about the same, so why not?

Moving Pictures is one of my all time favourite albums!

I swear I need to get back into metal...GUYS I HAVE BEEN HOOKED ON POP AMD AOR FOR JUST OVER A YEAR!!

Sheesh...I still enjoy the heavy!!

That's cool.

Who's your son?

entre_perpetuo

He's a great kid ....

I wish I could connect with my parents that way. But, alas, they belong to an older generation and never got into that new-fangled "rock" thing.

I'm a GREAT manipulator of tastes, or at least I was for my parents! I got them to like 'certain' RUSH songs by the time they both 'left the building'! 'Different Strings', Tears, could be listened to at 'normal' volumes...anything 'too fast' had to be listened to at lower volumes, but still they listened! My Dad played Acoustic guitar, and Mom Keyboards...so they both 'GOT' RUSH, and their musicianship. That, I consider, one of my GREATEST feats of my life! It also goes to show almost anyone with musical knowledge can see, (if they have a brain and common sense,) RUSH are a FORCE to be ADMIRED!

• Like 2

What is normal?

Me.

1D 4evs, right?

totally 4evs.

I wonder who got those teenagers "in the mood" that night ? ;)

Ticket prices are a sin I don't intend to commit. 'The Boss' was charging exhorbitant prices as far back as 1981...REO that same year. Moody Blues tix were much better that year.....

I, too, should be begging forgiveness.

I'm fortunate enough these days to string a few words together to create a sentence that makes sense. Some times. :unsure:

I'll leave the intricacies of punctuation and grammar to the normal :unsure: TRF folks. :dweez:

Edited by Lorraine

I sweep in, empty the cabinet of whisky, then bugger off in a cloud of dust...........

So yes, I'd miss the whisky.

Fridge,

Take all you'd like...just leave me a bottle of Jack.

(Thank you in advance).

:)

That's whiskey, not whisky, so quite safe from me......

• Like 1

It would mess me up a little bit. I've been coming here during my lunch hour for many years. I've also made some very good friends here. Yeah...I'd be just a little bid sad if this place lost its mojo and drifted into the abyss. :(
  • Like 1