Good karma , it does exist

djflex

Always tried to live by the motto of be a good person. Honest , and look to do the right thing.

Today karma paid me back.

Lost my wallet in a gas station parking lot. Someone turned it in unscathed. 3 credit cards and a debit card, insurance card id etc all accounted for.

There is hope for humanity.

Honestly if my credit cards were stolen i may have had to cxl my christmas trip to moms..

• Like 12

:cheers: Now you have more of a reason to celebrate! It is always good to have one's faith in humanity restored.

Honestly, it really is. I really wish i had been able to find who it was. At least a tank of gas or something to reward them

However, it is my belief that person will be paid back in a similar karma situation

• Like 2

Always tried to live by the motto of be a good person. Honest , and look to do the right thing.

Lost my wallet in a gas station parking lot. Someone turned it in unscathed. 3 credit cards and a debit card, insurance card id etc all accounted for.

Honestly if my credit cards were stolen i may have had to cxl my christmas trip to moms..

It's a Festivus miracle.

• Like 4

I do believe in karma .. But for me, sometimes it requires a person to die a few times ( figuratively ) in order for them to come back the one that they are supposed to be ..

A person could spend a lifetime wondering why bad things happen to good people - that I have no answer for, but all we can do is try to be the best we can -

Even if it doesn't come back, I still try to be a considerate and honorable human being

• Like 3

And on a lighter note:

A few years ago, I was on my way to Home Depot one Saturday afternoon to get some paint .. As I am driving, a motorcycle comes flying out of a driveway without pausing - I had to do all I could to keep from hitting him, as there was no warning ..

At the stop sign that was about 100 yards up the road, the guy gets off the bike and starts screaming "Stay off my ass, f*ggot"

Suddenly, I was transported back to middle school when every high school ahole would threaten me because I wore KISS shirts and had longer hair ..

I thought "this could go a few ways" ( lol ) .. so I get out - which seemed to surprise the guy - and go right up and say "That thing doesn't have brakes ?" ... He turns and laughs with a "F You" and rides away ..

I get back in my car, wondering why the hell I got out in the first place, and continue to Home Depot ... Awkwardly, the route to the store was the same as the motorcycle was taking ..

The guy is weaving in front of me, intentionally, and about 2 miles after our verbal encounter, he starts to make a right turn ..

Never one to wish physical harm on anyone, I have to admit that when I saw the wheels start to slide out from the bike, with him overadjusting and then completely falling off - sending both he and the bike sliding along the road - I had to laugh ..

I pull up, open the window and say "need help ?" ... Apparently, he didn;t, as he once again told me **** you

My parting words "Next time, buy the one that has brakes"

Edited by Lucas
  • Like 6

And on a lighter note:

A few years ago, I was on my way to Home Depot one Saturday afternoon to get some paint .. As I am driving, a motorcycle comes flying out of a driveway without pausing - I had to do all I could to keep from hitting him, as there was no warning ..

At the stop sign that was about 100 yards up the road, the guy gets off the bike and starts screaming "Stay off my ass, f*ggot"

Suddenly, I was transported back to middle school when every high school ahole would threaten me because I wore KISS shirts and had longer hair ..

I thought "this could go a few ways" ( lol ) .. so I get out - which seemed to surprise the guy - and go right up and say "That thing doesn't have brakes ?" ... He turns and laughs with a "F You" and rides away ..

I get back in my car, wondering why the hell I got out in the first place, and continue to Home Depot ... Awkwardly, the route to the store was the same as the motorcycle was taking ..

The guy is weaving in front of me, intentionally, and about 2 miles after our verbal encounter, he starts to make a right turn ..

Never one to wish physical harm on anyone, I have to admit that when I saw the wheels start to slide out from the bike, with him overadjusting and then completely falling off - sending both he and the bike sliding along the road - I had to laugh ..

I pull up, open the window and say "need help ?" ... Apparently, he didn;t, as he once again told me **** you

A classic case of Schadenfreude.

• Like 2

And on a lighter note:

A classic case of Schadenfreude.

Other than his pride, he didn't appear hurt - so it's ok to feel a little pleasure from that

:D

• Like 3

When I went to see Mockingjay a few weeks back, the cinema was packed. Only a scattering of single seats.....but an entire row of people moved over one seat just so my mother and I could sit together.

Impressive. Most impressive! :ebert: People ARE good.

• Like 6

I didn't used to believe in Karma, but life experiences I've had, and Two of Shirley McLaines books, "Out On A Limb" and "Dancing In The Light" got me to thinking and examining things through different eyes....change of focus as it were. I now DO believe in it, and why certain 'bad things' happen to 'GOOD' people. Think of the 'Chain of life's experiences' that Bob Marley was saddled with...ya know? Plusses, and minusses. In The End, the balance must come to 0/0. (IMO o' course) Edited by OldRUSHfan
  • Like 3

Karma kind of establishes a correlation that every good deed is met with a good deed and vice versa. Well, life doesn't work that way. However, there is the benefit of knowing that your good deeds or intentions are helpful to someone. Even if they aren't, your conscience is clear knowing that you tried your best to reduce the dickishness in the world.
  • Like 3

that was a Christmas gift on its own!

In refering to 'Bob Marley' earier, I meant the "A Christmas Carol" character, not the Rastafarian! LOL

There's no such thing as karma any more than there is being blessed by Jesus, having the stars align for you, or a "ripple effect". Obviously that doesn't stop people from believing the nonsense and even making movies about it such as The Butterfly Effect, but none of it is real.

There's no such thing as karma any more than there is being blessed by Jesus, having the stars align for you, or a "ripple effect". Obviously that doesn't stop people from believing the nonsense and even making movies about it such as The Butterfly Effect, but none of it is real.

Perhaps, i however to choose to believe .

• Like 1

In refering to 'Bob Marley' earier, I meant the "A Christmas Carol" character, not the Rastafarian! LOL

Jacob?

:P

His ghost shows up when you eat a bad potato. Bob's ghost shows up when you smoke too much of the ganj.

• Like 1

Jacob?

:P

His ghost shows up when you eat a bad potato. Bob's ghost shows up when you smoke too much of the ganj.

I TOLD you my brain was discombobulated!!! I only think in MUSICAL TERMS! LOL http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Yay%20%20Woo-Hoo%20%20etc/wootrock1.gif

• Like 1