Blackmore

Coverdale

Evans

Gillian

Glover

Hughes

Lord

Paice

No Steve Morse. I guess that makes sense.

I can guess the reasons (the band hasn't exactly been a commercial force or delivered any of its "big hits" or most impactful works over the last two decades), but it's still too bad that Morse isn't being included. He's been with the group for over twenty years and has played on more Purple albums than Evans, Coverdale, or Hughes ever did--and those albums have been met warmly by both fans and critics.

Deep Purple has been able to extend its life from twenty-five years to almost fifty, and it has done so with stability and respectability, thanks in large part to Morse.

• Like 7

Why Evans and not Simper?.....

He only played bass on "Hush"?

Given the instrumentals on the first (and forgettable ) three albums, he actually played more than Rod Evans

It should be interesting to watch, given Ritchie Blackmore's known battles with just about everyone in the rock world (if he even decides to show up. . .)

My husband keeps asking Santa for tickets to Germany's Monsters of Rock festival in June, because Blackmore is performing with a band there as Blackmore's Rainbow for the first time in about 20 years. As the web site diplomatically puts it- "Rainbow sees Ritchie Blackmore perform Deep Purple and Rainbow songs, along with a band . ." Keep putting it on your list, honey, but ha ha ha instead of ho ho ho I'm afraid. . .

http://i425.photobucket.com/albums/pp338/plantfan40/809086.png

• Like 1

They probably thought that voting Purple in is throwing enough of a bone to the prog fans...so no Yes this year. <sarcasm> And of course we have to promote cultural diversity, so NWA is the token R&B or rap group this year <end sarcasm>. Random thought...it would be interesting to see Rush cover a Purple song, just to see Al rip it up. Unfortunately, Ged doesn't have the keyboard chops to match Lord.
  • Like 1

It should be interesting to watch, given Ritchie Blackmore's known battles with just about everyone in the rock world (if he even decides to show up. . .)

My husband keeps asking Santa for tickets to Germany's Monsters of Rock festival in June, because Blackmore is performing with a band there as Blackmore's Rainbow for the first time in about 20 years. As the web site diplomatically puts it- "Rainbow sees Ritchie Blackmore perform Deep Purple and Rainbow songs, along with a band . ." Keep putting it on your list, honey, but ha ha ha instead of ho ho ho I'm afraid. . .

To avoid any possible misunderstanding I did not ask Santa or my wife the Rainbow ticket and I have purchased it by myself!

• Like 1

To avoid any possible misunderstanding I did not ask Santa or my wife the Rainbow ticket and I have purchased it by myself!

Wow, I am jealous, my husband double!! It sounds like a great show, I wish we had the budget to fund an offspring getting married and a European trip both this year! (kid marriage won, ha ha.) If you see Ritchie, tell him to do a few shows in the US!

• Like 1

Wow, I am jealous, my husband double!! It sounds like a great show, I wish we had the budget to fund an offspring getting married and a European trip both this year! (kid marriage won, ha ha.) If you see Ritchie, tell him to do a few shows in the US!

I think it's far beyond my powers but now it seems that he could add more shows in future.

• Like 1