I wonder if Rush has a stockpile of unreleased live stuff

djflex

It would be cool if they did and later released. A special album with songs from each decade or tour would be an awesome surprise...

Any rumours of this? I gotta believe they have this

Yes! I hope they do something like they did with the Grace Under Pressure Tour or disk 3 of Different Stages. I would love to hear something from the Hemispheres - Moving Pictures tours.
  • Like 2

Yes! I hope they do something like they did with the Grace Under Pressure Tour or disk 3 of Different Stages. I would love to hear something from the Hemispheres - Moving Pictures tours.

Me too.

It doesn't seem that far fetched. They would get me to buy it..

• Like 2

They should have included the live version of "Vital Signs" on the CD reissue of Exit... Stage Left. Other than that, I don't think they have much else that's worth releasing. How many live albums have they released in the past decade? The vault is a bare.
  • Like 3

They should have included the live version of "Vital Signs" on the CD reissue of Exit... Stage Left. Other than that, I don't think they have much else that's worth releasing. How many live albums have they released in the past decade? The vault is a bare.

I know , they usually do put it out there.

But i wouldnt be surprised if they planned for something like this

• Like 1

Yes, I'm sure they do. Geddy mentioned in the Rush book I have that there is an unreleased version of Mission they intended to release one day. I'm certain they have other songs as well.

I'm also convinced that they have the R40 LA show for future release.

• Like 5

Yes, I'm sure they do. Geddy mentioned in the Rush book I have that there is an unreleased version of Mission they intended to release one day. I'm certain they have other songs as well.

Yes!

That would be awesome

• Like 3

Yes!

That would be awesome

Maybe a 3 disc set, the la show and one of other unreleased rarities

Yes!

That would be awesome

I don't think we would get it all at once although that would be nice. Maybe one a year released around the holiday time.

• Like 1

Yes!

That would be awesome

I don't think we would get it all at once although that would be nice. Maybe one a year released around the holiday time.

If they want to milk it, im good with that. Nothing wrong with keeping stuff coming

• Like 2

I would love to have a full concert from Test For Echo Tour. Its my very favorite video of them all (havent seen R40 Live yet thou, only listened to the CD) and I just wish it was a whole concert.

And then I would also love to get the 1974 concert, with Rutsey, that they released on video. I would love to get it on CD/vinyl!!

Yes please! :yes:

• Like 2

I posted this one in the thread about Geddy's voice ( Manchester 1980 ) ... Until yesterday, I have never heard it before ( it was included in the Deluxe edition of 2112 as a bonus track in 2012 )

You would have to believe that the entire show was recorded

IMHO, this is better than Exit Stage Left

• Like 1

I believe the story is that starting with either Hemispheres or Permanent Waves they would record a few shows each tour, and have captured every night since Counterparts.

I wonder if they will eventually release them all for sale. I would buy at least some of them (and certainly more than just a few).

• Like 1

Me too.

It doesn't seem that far fetched. They would get me to buy it..

I agree with you both. Hemispheres and Moving Picture tours as releases for us. :clap:

And I add Signals and Presto tours too.

What a quality material we've got here. :)

I posted this one in the thread about Geddy's voice ( Manchester 1980 ) ... Until yesterday, I have never heard it before ( it was included in the Deluxe edition of 2112 as a bonus track in 2012 )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m18NSgAkXHc

The Setlist for that show looks amazing

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m18NSgAkXHc

The Setlist for that show looks amazing

June 18, 1980 it was

About a month after I first saw them

holy crap, I saw them when they were really good

:D

Edited by Lucas

If they've been recording the soundboards for years, there's no excuse for not having a website where, for $10 a pop or so, one can download whatever show they wanted. Metallica's been doing this since the beginning of the 2004 'Madly in Anger' tour. I can think of 11 shows between 2007-2015 I would buy immediately if RUSH ever did this. I think almost any fan would want to buy the shows they've been to.

They also need to put out the full T4E Toronto DVD. They absolutely have it. (And, to a lesser extent, I wouldn't mind the Counterparts show that was pro-shot...Auburn Hills, maybe?)

If they do these two things, the boys and Ray will have all the wine, bass guitars, and Aston Martin Vanquishes they can handle.

• Like 3