The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

Segue ambushed me with the single last night. jokes on him cause......i've forgotten it already, lol

Mick

Aww...haha.

I am just emerging from a self-imposed exile, that lasted a couple of days. I'll listen to it in a bit, here, when I get some kind of break from the salt mines...

• Like 1

Segue ambushed me with the single last night. jokes on him cause......i've forgotten it already, lol

Mick

Aww...haha.

I am just emerging from a self-imposed exile, that lasted a couple of days. I'll listen to it in a bit, here, when I get some kind of break from the salt mines...

from what i remember it's good. i remember a lot of Andrea snarling at me, lol.

i ain't going back to listen to it. i want the album.

Mick

Highlights from an interview with Andrea Ferro, by Rock Overdose:

Rock Overdose: “Delirium” is the eighth studio album of the band and it will be released on May 27th. Can you give us some more information about the release?

Andrea Ferro: This album is sort of a new chapter for us. Not only because we’ve been recording it with kind of a new line-up. Besides me, Cristina and Marco, we also have Ryan, the new drummer, working on the record for the first time. It’s the first album we ever recorded as a four-piece and it has quite a different vide to it. Marco specifically, the bass player who wrote all the songs, was free on the songwriting, so there are a lot of different moods on the album, a lot of faster, heavier and darker songs but also some more crazy stuff. We’ve been very free on the songwriting and tried to go to different places that the usual. Since it’s our 8th record as you said, we already have our sound and our style, so we tried to get a little out of it and freshen up a bit. There’s a big variety of songs and moods in the new record and I think it’s kind of a treat when you listen to it. It’s a little crazier than usual but also dense and heavy and leveled up. There are growled vocals, quite a variety of sounds and I think it’s pretty fresh for a band that is already on their 8th record.

Rock Overdose: So, we can say it’s going to be pretty different from the previous releases, given that Lacuna Coil are a trademark in their scene.

Andrea Ferro: Yes, some songs might remind the old Lacuna Coil, but most of the stuff is pretty fresh. We took a leap and went a bit out of our classic standards. It still feels like a Lacuna Coil record, because it still is dark and it still has its heavy parts and melodic stuff but I think you’ll be surprised when you listen to it. It’s quite different.

Rock Overdose: Which will be the first single of this album?

Andrea Ferro: As a first single, we’re releasing a song called “The house Of Shame” which is the first track of the album and it’s probably the heavier song of the record. That’s why it may come as a surprise for many people. It starts with a lot of double-bass and extreme vocals and it’s definitely a surprise. But as I said, there are a lot of different styles on the record, so we can say that it’s very strong. But not all of the record is going to sound like that.

Rock Overdose: So the first single won’t be a representative of the whole album?

Andrea Ferro: No, but in a way yes. Some songs will sound like it but not all of them. But it’s not going to be the most commercial track. It’s going to be more of a strong song, very heavy and with a very epic chorus, a surprise.

Full interview: http://rockoverdose.gr/archives/153200

Edited by Segue Myles

According to iTunes, this will be the first Lacuna Coil album with explicit lyrics, for two songs.

Obviously those who know me know that I find this to be disappointing, but no band can please everybody and I am certain it's only a big deal for people like me.

However, the deluxe edition has fourteen songs and I already know I love at least one haha!

Bands evolve. I am pleased the line up change has added to Lacuna Coil's creative juices, rather than split then down the middle.

And Andrea is on fire. I truly feel this record will be his shining moment.

Explict lyrics, huh? All that could mean is that the F word gets dropped a few times. But today I don't consider that a big deal though.

Its a pet hate of mine but it's forgivable

I just don't get who they're trying to protect by labeling songs that have explicit lyrics? Kids can find way worse things easily on the internet now than someone saying the word f**k in a song.

oh trust me.........the mouths on kids i used to go to school with........worse then adults.

Seriously the labels ain't protecting a damn thing.

To me their just words but now we're getting to a whole other debate.

Mick

• Like 1

I just don't get who they're trying to protect by labeling songs that have explicit lyrics? Kids can find way worse things easily on the internet now than someone saying the word f**k in a song.

Well...I am grateful for the heads up

• Like 2

This can be be over posted hahaha

You like, little monkey?

• Like 1

You like, little monkey?

Sorry, I didn't see it posted before :)

I like it. I wasn't sure about it at first but after a second listen I like it :) .

First reaction to hearing it was: ANDI RULES!!

Played it over 100 times already, I am so proud they went back to their roots. This is the style that inspired them, but they never quite achieved that Paradise Lost sound as they have here...

Love it!

You like, little monkey?

I like it. I wasn't sure about it at first but after a second listen I like it :) .

Played it over 100 times already, I am so proud they went back to their roots. This is the style that inspired them, but they never quite achieved that Paradise Lost sound as they have here...

Love it!

I think I didn't know what to think at first just because I didn't expect it and haven't listened to as much early Lacuna Coil as their latest couple of albums.

You like, little monkey?

Love it!

I think I didn't know what to think at first just because I didn't expect it and haven't listened to as much early Lacuna Coil as their latest couple of albums.

Their earlier albums weren't as heavy as this, but the feel of this track has some of that earlier levels of emotion.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the basic idea is that we all know something can be expressed without resorting to that. And they always have in the past.

But that being said, it isn't going to really bother me, if it's only in one or two places.

• Like 1

Yeah, I think the basic idea is that we all know something can be expressed without resorting to that. And they always have in the past.

But that being said, it isn't going to really bother me, if it's only in one or two places.

Exactly. My friend reminded me that one or two let downs shouldn't get in the way of the other twelve.

I know most don't have an issue with language, but I have to really try not to swear in my everyday speech. And the only way swearing seeps onto my vocabulary is when I have memorised it in song lyrics.

But I don't push my views on anyone else. Which is why it is nice that I have a heads up. I will examine the lyrics first.

(This must sound so strange to some as I am a metal fan but believe it or not...most of my album collection is language free and I edit the albums if I have too to suit my needs.).

Either way I will still love LC regardless. And judging by the reaction of someone I know who was invited to the London Delirium listening party (I wasn't invited but who knows?! I know the leader of the official fan club very well!), and from his reassurance he thinks the record is going to be just what I wanted after BCH.

He also told me the calmer songs have staying power, so it isn't like they have put all their effort into being heavy and lost sight of what makes them, well, themselves.

Oh dear I am such a fanboy haha but a new LC album is a major event! No other artist gets this month pre-release hype from me...it's like expecting a baby!

I just don't want to be disappointed...and as much as I love the latest single, I cannot deny that I have always gravitated towards their more ethereal side.

I with Mick on the whole swearing thing. They're not bad words to me, they're just words. Maybe growing up and living in the city my whole life has me desensitized to it all. I couldn't even walk down to the corner store without hearing someone say one of those words that some folks label as bad. Don't even get me started on how often I say those words either :LOL:

Since Andrea sounds very angry and aggressive on the first single, he probably just screams out f**k a couple times and that's it. Which would actually sound fine in his growling voice. I doubt the two songs with explicit lyrics are gonna be like the script to Pulp Fiction or anything.

• Like 1

I with Mick on the whole swearing thing. They're not bad words to me, they're just words. Maybe growing up and living in the city my whole life has me desensitized to it all. I couldn't even walk down to the corner store without hearing someone say one of those words that some folks label as bad. Don't even get me started on how often I say those words either :LOL:

Since Andrea sounds very angry and aggressive on the first single, he probably just screams out f**k a couple times and that's it. Which would actually sound fine in his growling voice. I doubt the two songs with explicit lyrics are gonna be like the script to Pulp Fiction or anything.

I hope so.

Although why I am finding an LC Pulp Fiction concept album intriguing is worrying me...haha

• Like 1

The interview shows one of their sources for music. They've always connected to something dark someway.

I listened House of Shame. It is more metal, it's connected to theme and very in their style.

I'm happy with the first results of a self-produced album. I knew they could make it! :cheers:

:haz: To the scream vocals and heavy guitars! *woohoo*

• Like 2

Yea. technically it's part of the culture where i live as weird as that sounds, lol.

And i get where it's a turn off.

but shit........there's nothing like a swear filled song when your in a foul mood, lol

Mick

• Like 1

The interview shows one of their sources for music. They've always connected to something dark someway.

I listened House of Shame. It is more metal, it's connected to theme and very in their style.

I'm happy with the first results of a self-produced album. I knew they could make it! :cheers:

:haz: To the scream vocals and heavy guitars! *woohoo*

I am extremely happy. Both singers pushed their voices to the max. I am wondering how well Cri will handle those high vocals. Previous songs using her highest register, such as Spellbound, have not been easy for her, and this song is entirely in that high register.

Still, good on her!

Andi becoming more dominant on this track is enough for me to forgive him for his lowest moments on Shallow Life for good now!

• Like 2

Segue, after listening this track, I believe this album will be much better than Shallow Life. They're correcting details that weren't exactly ok before.

Surely Cristina has an amazing vocals. Yes, she's singing with all the voice she has. But she'll handle an tour and other tours as well. Her training and talent will solve everything. ;)

And thanks for all information posted, I didn't have the time to check it myself. :cheers:

• Like 1