The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

I really love the title track now.

Powerful and really fits in well.

Blood, Tears, Dust is electronic madness!

IT DOESN'T SOUND LIKE ANYTHING THEY HAVE EVER DONE BEFORE WHAT THE HELL THIS IS CRAZY!!

Downfall was beautiful. Reminded me of My Spirit.

Take Me Home was glorious.

You Love Me Because I Hate You is so far the only generic LC song here. I like it but it's my least favourite so far.

Ghost In The Mist really is a killer song.

I love Andi's screams.

I know many will be turned off but this is my favourite aspect of the album.

Aside from the electronic elements and the drumming.

My Demons has an f-bomb.

Just one. Not a classic anyway.

Edited by Segue Myles

Claustrophobia is another great song. Swearing is annoying though.

I will say though that both My Demons and Claustrophobia sound like Broken Crown Halo leftovers. Definitely great but not my favourite songs at all.

Ultima Radio ends the album very much like how it started.

This album is fantastic! Incredibly heavy, very aggressive, and I am surprised.

Overall rating: 8/10

1. House Of Shame- 9/10

2. Broken Things- 8/10

3. Delirium- 9/10

4. Blood, Tears, Dust- 10/10

5. Downfall- 8/10

6. Take Me Home- 10/10

7. You Love Me 'Cause I Hate You- 6/10

8. Ghost In The Mist- 9/10

9. My Demons- 6/10

10. Claustrophobia- 6/10

11. Ultima Radio- 7/10

Pro's:

Andrea

Drumming

Electronics

Riffs

They have never sounded this aggressive and energetic for the entire length of an album before.

Cons:

No variety, but it also isn't repetitive.

Cristina sounds wonderful, but not sure I am as impressed as I was on Broken Crown Halo.

Swearing, sounds cheap.

For all the major highs, this album has three or four songs that do not measure up to the least impressive songs of DA or BCH.

The best songs are easily major career highs.

Blood, Tears, Dust and Take Me Home are LC masterpieces of the highest order!

Based on two listens, this is where I would rank Delirium:

1. Karmacode

2. Unleashed Memories

3. Comalies

4. Broken Crown Halo

5. Dark Adrenaline

6. Delirium

7. In A Reverie

8. Shallow Life

Although I am sure once my deluxe edition comes there could be a chance the three bonus tracks push it up even further. But just as I have done with Shallow Life, I rank this album based solely on the official tracklist.

Shallow Life would be higher if I could swap out two songs for the three bonus tracks.

Take Me Home is currently my favourite song off this album, followed now by Downfall and then Blood, Tears, Dust.

Ultima Radio is the first time Lacuna Coil have ever ended an album with a MONSTER METAL song.

O wow...I think it is my favourite song!

THIS ALBUM IS SO GOOD!

Really good 8/10 after two listens.

Don't think i'll like it as much as BCH but it certainly miles better than the three that came before that.

The title track sounds so much better in the context of the album. Not that good of a stand alone song, so making it a single is a bit puzzling.

Favorites, House Of Shame, Broken Things, Downfall, Take Me Home and Ghost In The Mist.

• Like 1

Really good 8/10 after two listens.

Don't think i'll like it as much as BCH but it certainly miles better than the three that came before that.

The title track sounds so much better in the context of the album. Not that good of a stand alone song, so making it a single is a bit puzzling.

Favorites, House Of Shame, Broken Things, Downfall, Take Me Home and Ghost In The Mist.

Its a very different album to BCH, which pleases me as I thought DA and BCH were too similar in several ways. But yes, BCH is better.

But I love these new songs. I don't think this album is textured enough or, dare I say it, emotional enough to rank too highly but for what it is, it is a new sound and a really, REALLY enjoyable one! So many of these songs are going to rule live.

And I have checked the songs released live. Cristina nails the vocals, which surprised me as she sings very high notes on these songs!

My top five Delirium tracks right now:

House Of Shame

Delirium

Downfall

Take Me Home

Ultima Radio

Anyone familiar with the band The Prodigy?

There are moments all over this album that remind me of them, notably Blood, Tears, Dust.

The more I listen to this album, the more I pick up on the electronics. Absolutely breathtaking.

Another thing:

Lacuna Coil have a marvellous EP called Halflife from 2000. I have always been a massive fan of it...and have always wished for an album to be released in the vein of the title track and Hyperfast...in Delirium we have an extremely close candidate!

Playing the EP now. Still better than the new album, but the electronica tinged metal of Delirium harks back to this obscure delight!

• Like 1

I am so glad to be honest that prior to the release next week, I have had time to live with these three new songs.

House Of Shame blew me away. I really love it.

Delirium at first disappointed me, but I watched some live performances and listened to it numerous times, and now I think it approaches some of their best work.

As for Ghost In The Mist, of the three this one is hands down my favourite!

Another thing I have noticed is that the reviews for this album are some of the best of their career.

What does this tell me?

That things have changed. LC have changed things up, and now many non-fans are warming to this new era. And it makes complete sense to me why they have gone harder. But this is what bugs me: they are only shouting louder, at its core, Delirium is still the same old Lacuna Coil.

And in so many ways, I am not as impressed as I would like to be.

But all is fine. I suspect Delirium may end up my fifth or sixth favourite Lacuna Coil album. Which is totally ok in my book!

I love the idea of LC going harder now. It gives the band another challenge and there are always new fans.

The new public will know the band as it is and surely LC will get well deserved credits.

Plus: it's a self produced album and it seems among their best.

Segue, you nailed it when you said LC corrects mistakes they make each album and get better. :)

I won't rank any albums here, because I appreciate them all, except Shallow Life - I just like six songs on it.

Let's embrace the new Lacuna Coil!

Another thing:

Lacuna Coil have a marvellous EP called Halflife from 2000. I have always been a massive fan of it...and have always wished for an album to be released in the vein of the title track and Hyperfast...in Delirium we have an extremely close candidate!

Playing the EP now. Still better than the new album, but the electronica tinged metal of Delirium harks back to this obscure delight!

There's a cd which is a compilation of their Ep's. I love it!!

Halflife is easily a kind of demo for Delirium track.

It deserves to be brought back live, as it is or in a new version.

Another thing:

There's a cd which is a compilation of their Ep's. I love it!!

Halflife is easily a kind of demo for Delirium track.

It deserves to be brought back live, as it is or in a new version.

Agreed!

I look forward to your verdict in this album. In my honest opinion, Blood, Tears, Dust and Take Me Home could sit on Halflife happily and Downfall and Delirium update some of their trademark styles perfectly.

I could rave about this album all day! Once again I am falling in love with a new Lacuna Coil album, and I am falling harder for Delirium than I did any of the previous three.

I am not saying this is better, I still love the more melancholy side of LC. But this aggressive, nastily playful and energetic sound has really blown away all my ideas of what makes Lacuna Coil, well, Lacuna Coil.

I remember complaining that Broken Crown Halo was great but needed a little something fresher...and Delirium is totally fresh! It's fantastic!

But I am not a fan of My Demons or Claustrophobia. They feel a little...pedestrian to my ears (and the swearing honestly grates on me).

• Like 1

I said earlier that You Love Me 'Cause I Hate You was a really weak track.

If I am honest, it would make an excellent single. It has an incredibly current sound.

And I am going to come out and say it: this album will not please those turned off by Andrea Ferro. Because this is HIS album, the highlight of his career.

Cristina Scabbia also blew me away, I will be honest it took a few spins but she is singing in a manner that I never would have expected ten years ago. Sharper, less ethereal and in your face. Her higher register is stunning, and I doubted she could pull it off life but live videos prove she is nailing these songs live! Her aggressive approach coupled with Andrea's ballsy approach may have reached a new peak!

Ghost In The Mist is another song that I cannot get enough of. It takes me straight back to the likes of Tightrope or 1:19 but takes it even further.

And the electronics! I am so in love with it!

Yes, I am enamoured with this new album. It really is as unexpected as Shallow Life but this time, they pretty much nail it perfectly! (Do not get me wrong, I love Shallow Life but I would have to rank it the least wonderful studio release to date, and I hope it stays that way!)

• Like 1

Ultima Ratio really is turning out to be my fave song in this album though.

I get the sense it may end up being the most underrated tune on the album but I love it so much!

If I am honest, it would make an excellent single. It has an incredibly current sound.

And I am going to come out and say it: this album will not please those turned off by Andrea Ferro. Because this is HIS album, the highlight of his career.

Cristina Scabbia also blew me away, I will be honest it took a few spins but she is singing in a manner that I never would have expected ten years ago. Sharper, less ethereal and in your face. Her higher register is stunning, and I doubted she could pull it off life but live videos prove she is nailing these songs live! Her aggressive approach coupled with Andrea's ballsy approach may have reached a new peak!

Ghost In The Mist is another song that I cannot get enough of. It takes me straight back to the likes of Tightrope or 1:19 but takes it even further.

Yes, I am enamoured with this new album. It really is as unexpected as Shallow Life but this time, they pretty much nail it perfectly! (Do not get me wrong, I love Shallow Life but I would have to rank it the least wonderful studio release to date, and I hope it stays that way!)

I'm listening to Delirium right now. I reminds me a lot of Comalies. You're right, it's a great track! Very good! :clap: