The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

Just now, bluefox4000 said:

BTW people are sucking off this new single!!!!!! so we'll likely get more.  LC is turning into the musical version of the really bad MCU films, lol

i laugh but it ain't funny.

Mick

What aggravates me the most is...Black Anima was great, production aside. But the choices since? 

No.

And the production isn't improving. 

But like I said, I'm playing Unleashed Memories and that album just has all my love. Like the new A7X album, it doesn't matter how much the newer stuff let's me down, I just love them.

• Like 1

Random LC thoughts and opinions:

After Rush, there is no band I have seen live more often than LC. Five times, and every time from front row. 

I've met them three times. I created a glass sculpture based on LC lyrics and gave it to Cristina as a gift.

I think all the makeup is silly and distracting, but if the music was still evolving and as creative as it once was, I would not care.

I wonder why the core three cannot seem to keep guitarists and drummers around. 

Also, if they are going to keep swapping out guitarists, maybe they should look really hard at getting in some new blood that will give them some new ideas / direction.

I wish they would go more prog and take more chances, like A7X is doing.

Edited by Wandering Hermit
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Wandering Hermit said:

After Rush, there is no band I have seen live more often than LC. Five times, and every time from front row. 

I've met them three times. I created a glass sculpture based on LC lyrics and gave it to Cristina as a gift.

I think all the makeup is silly and distracting, but if the music was still evolving and as creative as it once was, I would not care.

Also, if they are going to keep swapping out guitarists, maybe they should look really hard at getting in some new blood that will give them some new ideas / direction.

Honestly I'd rather they don't do something like the new A7X lol

But I love all this! Great to see another Rush/LC fan!

Regarding not being able to hold down drummers/guitarists, they seem to have stumbled a bit by getting players from other countries. I feel that got in the way or Ryan staying. I sometimes wonder what the happened that lead to three members quitting at once in 2014.

As much as I love Delirium, and think it's perhaps their finest hour, at least in terms of the last decade, I miss the magic of their classic lineup, which lasted (as a six piece) from the HalfLife EP to Broken Crown Halo. 

They feel quite lazy to me. Using the same old lyrical themes (be strong, rise up, never give in, blah blah bleh) they come off a little trite.

The band that gave us the poetry of Distant Sun, In Visible Light and Purify...I miss you!

2 hours ago, Wandering Hermit said:

your point on the drummer in particular is fantastic because i have my own thought on the drums. They suck balls. it's so processed.  i know it's a real dude but the put it through gobs of processing.

but to be fair.  Most modern metal has this drum sound aand it sucks.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

I don't get the whole makeup and costume thing they've been doing. I think it fit the theme of Delirium but it should have been dropped after that. I don't see what it brings to the band at this point. They were never a gimmick band so I don't know why they keep doing it.

Edited by J2112YYZ

2 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't get the whole makeup and costume thing they've been doing. I think it fit the theme of Delirium but it should have been dropped after that. I don't see what it brings to the band at this point. They were never a gimmick band so I don't know why they keep doing it.

LC is such a confused band.  they don't know what to do these days.  Seems like they saw other gimmick bands and said......"maybe that?"

This bands imploding, lol

Mick

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Honestly I'd rather they don't do something like the new A7X lol

Sorry to get off topic, and I'm not a regular here (I was on Counterparts WAY too much back in the day...), but AFAIK you and I are the only people here to even talk about A7X, which I find unreal. We might disagree about if the old vs new is better / worse, but either way they are an amazing band that you'd think would appeal to many, many Rush fans. But it seems hardly anyone here knows about them, or maybe heard Bat Country back in the day and pigeonholed them accordingly. Someone should start a thread.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

LC is such a confused band.  they don't know what to do these days.  Seems like they saw other gimmick bands and said......"maybe that?"

This bands imploding, lol

Mick

Cristina has 200k more followers on Instagram than Lacuna Coil does. Time for her to go solo. The same thing has happened with Floor.

• Like 1

Just now, Wandering Hermit said:

Sorry to get off topic, and I'm not a regular here (I was on Counterparts WAY too much back in the day...), but AFAIK you and I are the only people here to even talk about A7X, which I find unreal. We might disagree about if the old vs new is better / worse, but either way they are an amazing band that you'd think would appeal to many, many Rush fans. But it seems hardly anyone here knows about them, or maybe heard Bat Country back in the day and pigeonholed them accordingly. Someone should start a thread.

hi i like Avenged Sevenfold too i got into them like 2 years ago.  I avoded them because of the negative reviews for years.

I played them and was like.  "what's so bad here??????""  i love them.

my faves are.

City of Evil

Waking the Fallen

The Stage

and yes the new one, lol

Honestly it's getting a bit torched but.....I'm playing City of Evil now........COME on they were always nuts.  they just upped it for the new one.

Some people can't see the Forrest for the trees, lol'

Mick

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

hi i like Avenged Sevenfold too i got into them like 2 years ago.  I avoded them because of the negative reviews for years.

I played them and was like.  "what's so bad here??????""  i love them.

my faves are.

City of Evil

Waking the Fallen

The Stage

and yes the new one, lol

Honestly it's getting a bit torched but.....I'm playing City of Evil now........COME on they were always nuts.  they just upped it for the new one.

Some people can't see the Forrest for the trees, lol'

Mick

It's down to taste. Just because they have always been unhinged doesn't mean everyone will automatically like the sound of a band shitting the bed

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

It's down to taste. Just because they have always been unhinged doesn't mean everyone will automatically like the sound of a band shitting the bed

relax brit!!!!!!! this wasn't aimed at you.....GOD!!!!!!!!

'MURICA!!!

:laugh2:

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Haha 2

58 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

relax brit!!!!!!! this wasn't aimed at you.....GOD!!!!!!!!

'MURICA!!!

:laugh2:

Mick

I meant to put a laugh emoji I SWEAR I AM NOT ANGREH

• Haha 2

I have been off of LC’s trail for a few years now, but I still love what I know of them. The latest album of theirs that I was aware of before they fell off my radar was Black Anima- and honestly, I don’t remember it at all. So I should give it another listen.

I thought Delirium was a bit of a step down after Broken Crown Halo. But BCH is my favourite of theirs by a pretty good margin. So… 🤷🏼‍♂️

1 hour ago, Blue J said:

I have been off of LC’s trail for a few years now, but I still love what I know of them. The latest album of theirs that I was aware of before they fell off my radar was Black Anima- and honestly, I don’t remember it at all. So I should give it another listen.

I thought Delirium was a bit of a step down after Broken Crown Halo. But BCH is my favourite of theirs by a pretty good margin. So… 🤷🏼‍♂️

I love Delirium, but i miss their classic lineup which coincidentally ended with BCH.

They focus too much on a standard, rather bland metalcore formula. Screamed verses, soaring choruses, constant repetitive themes about rising above vague difficulties, generic horror imagery that feels very forced and incredibly trite...it all is starting to feel like they are focusing on the same fans who emerged with Delirium, and are not keen on risking alienating them. What had fans excited about Delirium was the sense they were still evolving. Now that style is fast becoming redundant.

I genuinely feel they have lost their way. People call their current sound a return to their roots, but I don't understand that, as their early work was far more focused on expressive vocal interplay, dual harmonies, emotive, but not literal lyrics and it was atmospheric. And the music was very influenced by British and European metal, such as Paradise Lost, The Gathering and the like. I love that they incorporated US elements on Karmacode, they didn't lose their identity but still pushed their sound forwards.

It is sad but I didn't buy the pretty awful Comalies XX album last year, and I have no desire to listen to the new song. My excitement for any new album is nil.

Never thought I'd ever say that.

But it's all good, far more music out there.

Maybe it's time for me to finally dive into Tull. All the talk lately around here has me thinking I'm well overdue 

Edited by Segue Myles