The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

The ONLY way I can defend this is...the strike is a big deal in Italy.

But then I take into consideration that they hardly made that obvious...also bearing in mind the concert was free, they still wasted people's time, and emotions.

I love LC, I don't think they meant harm, but this was foolish, absolutely. However a lot of fans are supporting them, I personally skipped it as I needed sleep ������

I guess the issue I have is that it's still not clear what they were making a stand against. It's been a year since Italy went into lockdown and all live entertainment venues had to close. So, they were taking a stand for all the venues that are still closed even though they can't do anything about it because of a global pandemic? A pandemic that has shutdown live entertainment worldwide. I just don't get the point. It didn't prove anything and it didn't change anything.

it comes across as artists being tone deaf again honestly, lol

Mick

Sadly, yes

The ONLY way I can defend this is...the strike is a big deal in Italy.

But then I take into consideration that they hardly made that obvious...also bearing in mind the concert was free, they still wasted people's time, and emotions.

I love LC, I don't think they meant harm, but this was foolish, absolutely. However a lot of fans are supporting them, I personally skipped it as I needed sleep ������

I guess the issue I have is that it's still not clear what they were making a stand against. It's been a year since Italy went into lockdown and all live entertainment venues had to close. So, they were taking a stand for all the venues that are still closed even though they can't do anything about it because of a global pandemic? A pandemic that has shutdown live entertainment worldwide. I just don't get the point. It didn't prove anything and it didn't change anything.

it comes across as artists being tone deaf again honestly, lol

Mick

This isn't the first time the band has been tone deaf. When they became popular with Comalies they didn't get why and completely changed their sound on the next two albums and ran off a lot of fans.

I think they were just bored and this was a way to get out of the house for a night lol.

Well I don't find Karmacode that massive a change, and Shallow Life is just fine lol

1 hour ago, J2112YYZ said:

They just announced a tour and they will be playing here the night after I see Alice Cooper. Oh boy!

Oh that's awesome!!

They are at their peak right now I think live!

12 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

They haven't been here since Broken Crown Halo. So, it's been a while since I've seen them.

No? Not even for the Delirium tour?

That tour was insanely popular hear! They were voted best live band by Metal Hammer magazine!

On 12/12/2022 at 5:13 PM, J2112YYZ said:

She has never been better live. She's closer to 60 than 30 but has never sounded or looked more youthful! It's crazy!

1 hour ago, Segue Myles said:

She has never been better live. She's closer to 60 than 30 but has never sounded or looked more youthful! It's crazy!

she probably looks after her instrument and most likely does not booze heavily  and do drugs or do  anything to blow it out.

if she does than she is a freak, lol.  look at deyoung nearly 80 and every time i see him he's amazing.  Looks after the voice.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

7 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

she probably looks after her instrument and most likely does not booze heavily  and do drugs or do  anything to blow it out.

if she does than she is a freak, lol.  look at deyoung nearly 80 and every time i see him he's amazing.  Looks after the voice.

Mick

She doesn't drink on your, smoke or do drugs. She also uses medication for sore throats every night before a gig.b

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

She doesn't drink on your, smoke or do drugs. She also uses medication for sore throats every night before a gig.b

see? proper vocal care.  i always your voice doesn't HAVE to go with age.  it's just that so many in rock/metal have no clue how to care for the voice.....or they just don't care.  it's why so many have shot voices now.

Mick

3 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

She's also a huge f***in nerd. Nerds don't party.

I've seen that a lot of musicians over the last 10-15 years have learned from the mistakes older ones and are not partying and really do take care of themselves with exercise and stay away from the substance abuse. Cristina is 50 and still looks as amazing as ever. She definitely takes care of herself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

She's also a huge f***in nerd. Nerds don't party.

I've seen that a lot of musicians over the last 10-15 years have learned from the mistakes older ones and are not partying and really do take care of themselves with exercise and stay away from the substance abuse. Cristina is 50 and still looks as amazing as ever. She definitely takes care of herself.

and I say thank god for that.  Most from that first older generation are shot.  i watched Elton John's recent disney plus concert while i thoroughly had a good time......he's shot.  Overly reliant on rasp and power and shouting to cover up no range.

now i know he had nodes back in the 80's and the surgery led to his deeper tone.  but his depper tone was actually great for a decade after.  But he was clearly not careful if he had the nodes in the first place, lol  Granted he would tour like a madman.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

7 hours ago, J2112YYZ said:

Great interview here. Covering the most important things in life. Music and video games 😎

Oh I love this!!!!! Cristina is againg beautifully, inside and out. She's just a full blown nerd these days, and I love for it!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

Oh I love this!!!!! Cristina is againg beautifully, inside and out. She's just a full blown nerd these days, and I love for it!

I like how when her age was mentioned Cristina says she tells people she doesn't have a secret to looking younger than she really is because she doesn't think about the number at all. I'm kind of the same way. People tend to think I look younger than what I am and I don't really think too much about the number myself. Now, for the record, I look nowhere near as good as she does but we have the same idea when it comes to getting older.

• Like 1

I don't like it. It sounds like a mashup of Broken Crown Halo and Delirium, but EXACTLY like the songs Nothing Stands In Our Way and Delirium, but not as good as either.

Vocals...can't really tell, the mixing is once again too much. I am tiring a little of the FULL PELT singing from Cri and all the screaming. Remember when they had more ambient vibes? Yeah, me too. 

I don't hate it, it's just far too derivative to get excited about. Lacuna Coil seem to want to recapture the glory of Delirium, but I have a feeling with songs like this, new fans will look elsewhere.

Me? I miss the days of Purify or In Visible Light. 

Also, Cristina is singing a lot like Simone Simons these days. I'd enjoy the higher, almost operatic tones, if the auto tune didn't make her sound robotic.

Unfortunately I've played live recordings of this song, and she's way out her comfort zone. Not sure why Cri or LC are pushing this. 

Am I losing touch with my one time untouchable favourite band? Maybe. I'm bored.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

I like the lyrics. Listening with the lyrics helps, but I'd like to be able to actually here what Cristina is singing. 

It's so muffled. The song is called Never Dawn but I swear it sounds like "Never Tell".

Edited by Segue Myles

2 hours ago, Segue Myles said:

I don't like it. It sounds like a mashup of Broken Crown Halo and Delirium, but EXACTLY like the songs Nothing Stands In Our Way and Delirium, but not as good as either.

Vocals...can't really tell, the mixing is once again too much. I am tiring a little of the FULL PELT singing from Cri and all the screaming. Remember when they had more ambient vibes? Yeah, me too. 

I don't hate it, it's just far too derivative to get excited about. Lacuna Coil seem to want to recapture the glory of Delirium, but I have a feeling with songs like this, new fans will look elsewhere.

Me? I miss the days of Purify or In Visible Light. 

Also, Cristina is singing a lot like Simone Simons these days. I'd enjoy the higher, almost operatic tones, if the auto tune didn't make her sound robotic.

Unfortunately I've played live recordings of this song, and she's way out her comfort zone. Not sure why Cri or LC are pushing this. 

Am I losing touch with my one time untouchable favourite band? Maybe. I'm bored.

I don't care for the song either. It sounds like a leftover from Delirium and not a good one. I don't know if this is for a new album or a stand alone single but either way this song doesn't have much. What they're doing here they've done much better in the past. I hope they're not out of ideas. The fact that they haven't come out with anything new since before the pandemic while just about every other band has since then along with the horrendous butchered Comalies makes me think they don't have any clue what to do next.

16 minutes ago, J2112YYZ said:

I don't care for the song either. It sounds like a leftover from Delirium and not a good one. I don't know if this is for a new album or a stand alone single but either way this song doesn't have much. What they're doing here they've done much better in the past. I hope they're not out of ideas. The fact that they haven't come out with anything new since before the pandemic while just about every other band has since then along with the horrendous butchered Comalies makes me think they don't have any clue what to do next.

I feel that Delirium gave them a commercial and touring rebirth in Europe, and they have...struggled to move forwards. BA felt confused to my ears. I love the album, but I could sense a slight confusion as to what direction they wanted to focus on.

Comalies XX was okay for a one off experiment. And by "okay" I mean it's the first time I've not supported them with a physical purchase.

This song was announced as a single for some board game (eh?), but yeah, it sounds like a leftover. The ambient middle Eastern stuff had me interested, then it just turned into a very cliche Lacuna Coil song.

With my personal tastes evolving a lot in recent years, I know that I have it in me to love Lacuna Coil still, but seeing them stagnate with a sound that really doesn't represent all they are capable of is really disappointing. Bands I love like Machine Head confuse the hell out of me with super forced, but poorly realised albums. I can at least giggle at the failures. 

Lacuna Coil seem to not really know what to do and that's just sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wandering Hermit said:

Comalies XX did nothing for me. I thought every song on the original was far better.

I hated to admit it at the time...but Lacuna Coil being my all time favourite band, I'm after nearly two decades...a bit estranged. I don't like where there sound is going. 

just chiming it and saying the last LC project i like was Delirium 7 YEARS AGO!!!!  Black Anima has great matieral but i can't stand the studio album because that was the album they went for this pop sheen very bright yet flat production.  it's so sterile.  and oh we'll take one of the better modern female voices and Vomit candyland vocal effects all over her.

and that sound lives on 4 years later.

the new single is just death.  it just.......lands with no impact.

Mick

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, bluefox4000 said:

just chiming it and saying the last LC project i like was Delirium 7 YEARS AGO!!!!  Black Anima has great matieral but i can't stand the studio album because that was the album they went for this pop sheen very bright yet flat production.  it's so sterile.  and oh we'll take one of the better modern female voices and Vomit candyland vocal effects all over her.

and that sound lives on 4 years later.

the new single is just death.  it just.......lands with no impact.

Mick

I'm replaying old school Lacuna. Unleashed Memories has lost no impact for me.

Gosh I love this band...I just wish they saw their past with more pride. They released a documentary celebrating 20 years of Comalies. But they soundtracked it ONLY with XX versions. Like...why?

Then I see comments all over fan forums begging them to "update" all their early stuff. No wonder they have an identity crisis!

The band that gave me Cold Heritage are gone, it seems. I just...miss them being special.

Never Dawn is just so redundant. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Segue Myles said:

I'm replaying old school Lacuna. Unleashed Memories has lost no impact for me.

Gosh I love this band...I just wish they saw their past with more pride. They released a documentary celebrating 20 years of Comalies. But they soundtracked it ONLY with XX versions. Like...why?

Then I see comments all over fan forums begging them to "update" all their early stuff. No wonder they have an identity crisis!

The band that gave me Cold Heritage are gone, it seems. I just...miss them being special.

Never Dawn is just so redundant. 

BTW people are sucking off this new single!!!!!! so we'll likely get more like it.  LC is turning into the musical version of the really bad MCU films, lol

i laugh but it ain't funny.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000