The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

and i try to avoid reviews at all costs.

EVERYTIME i've listened to them.......i disagree either way.

probably my Snooty brain but it happens, lol

Mick

The thing is with Lacuna Coil...even if I disagree with their verdict they tend to get the description right.

And the bits of information are enough for me to feel happy that they did once again expand on BCH's highlights!

• Like 1

I stopped reading that second review after it said that Broken Crown Halo was forgettable. This is a person who has no clue, so I won't listen to anything else they have to say lol.

i mean i know.......opinions. but he's wrong. epic-ly wrong.

Mick

• Like 2

I stopped reading that second review after it said that Broken Crown Halo was forgettable. This is a person who has no clue, so I won't listen to anything else they have to say lol.

I have a friend who thinks the same...

I have to say, though, that if they think this album has something that previous albums after Comalies lacked, then I am happy to listen.

I read mainly for the descriptions and the fact both of them align in certain details gives me hope for the rest of the album.

And any studio album with a member of Alter Bridge playing with Lacuna Coil is going to be a strong contender for my AOTY.

Just heard the new Lacuna Coil single.

It is Paradise Lost heavy. Heavy Paradise Lost HEAVY.

HEAVY.

Vocally Andrea Ferro is the greatest he has ever been. He is raw. He is passionate. He is HEAVY.

Cri is angelic.

It is not a top forty mainstream rock song.

It is heavy goth metal.

House Of Shame is heavy metal.

Heavy metal.

I. Am. Crying with glee.

I am so proud this is the style of gothic metal they first toyed with in their early demos. This is so heavy.

This one song makes every album they have released sound like ABBA.

House Of Shame has a the same melodic edge from Cri that we heard on comalies.

Andrea has, however, stolen the limelight. He sounds nothing like he has ever, EVER sounded before.

When it come to best Lacuna Coil vocals ever, he has instantly taken a place in my top five.

This is so damn heavy this is like Karmacode never happened and they Unleashed a British goth metal moment straight back from 1995.

Sorry I am so freakin ecstatic this is what I have stopped ever hoping from them!

The lyrics are amazing. I haven't got them in front of me but I am listening to them.

They wholeheartedly keep the thread of positivity they always have but the anger and pain infused is beautiful. Anyone who has suffered depression and rage will get the meaning.

This is empowering. How it can be so heavy and somehow uplifting I will never know.

The heaviness is not fading with replays. The lyrics...Andrea I love him so much...are delivered with a focus on impact, and emotionally this is sulphuric and intense.

WOW!!

Heard the new song four (or was it five) times now. This is great, the heaviness caught me by surprise at first. Comparing it with early Paradise Lost is right on the money. I read some of the album previews but was still not expecting what I heard vocally from either of them. If the rest of the album is like this, we're in for one hell of a release.

This is empowering. How it can be so heavy and somehow uplifting I will never know.

It's Cristina that brings the uplifting aspect to it. Andrea brings the fury and aggression and then she brings this calming angelic vocal melody to perfectly counter it. The light (Cristina) and shade (Andrea) vocals are done brilliantly on this song.

• Like 1

WOW!!

Heard the new song four (or was it five) times now. This is great, the heaviness caught me by surprise at first. Comparing it with early Paradise Lost is right on the money. I read some of the album previews but was still not expecting what I heard vocally from either of them. If the rest of the album is like this, we're in for one hell of a release.

It's Cristina that brings the uplifting aspect to it. Andrea brings the fury and aggression and then she brings this calming angelic vocal melody to perfectly counter it. The light (Cristina) and shade (Andrea) vocals are done brilliantly on this song.

It is the most excited I have felt about Lacuna Coil in around a decade!

Ditching the American producers and focusing on what made then Lacuna Coil in the first place has done then good.

Andrea Ferro...why the hell has he restrained this side to him for TWENTY years?

Seriously I find myself lost in it all.

I thought they would build onto BCH but I also expected then to take the easy route. Based on hearing this and the above reviews, I am now convinced that this could be my favourite LC album to date.

i'm not listening at all, lol

going in blind.......new tactic. i always peak at the singles..........not this time.

Mick

Not a bad idea. I wish I had the patience, but this and just under a two month wait...nothing DA...Trip The Darkness came out four months before the album, and that killed me!

Just to give you an idea, this is the heavier side of BCH taken up to full on metal levels of heavy. And the chorus (is it a chorus?!) is more challenging.

It both hooked me instantly and rewards repeats (I have been repeating it for what feels like two hours...which is typical of me and new LC singles haha!).

Already know I love it more than I ever did Nothing Stands In Our Way.

Good grief I have been hoping for something this heavy and challenging since I first heard the Ethereal demo nearly ten years ago!

Pleased it is the first song as well. Just in case I burn out on it (never happened with an LC song, but who knows?!), I can skip to track two!

• Like 2

going in blind.......new tactic. i always peak at the singles..........not this time.

Mick

Not a bad idea. I wish I had the patience, but this and just under a two month wait...nothing DA...Trip The Darkness came out four months before the album, and that killed me!

Just to give you an idea, this is the heavier side of BCH taken up to full on metal levels of heavy. And the chorus (is it a chorus?!) is more challenging.

It both hooked me instantly and rewards repeats (I have been repeating it for what feels like two hours...which is typical of me and new LC singles haha!).

Good grief I have been hoping for something this heavy and challenging since I first heard the Ethereal demo nearly ten years ago!

Pleased it is the first song as well. Just in case I burn out on it (never happened with an LC song, but who knows?!), I can skip to track two!

the reason i'm doing this is i've been underwhelmed recently by singles from bands i like.

for the first time i want the full picture on day 1.

Mick

• Like 1

Since it's the first song on the album, they should probably open their shows with it. Trip The Darkness has been a good show opener for the last couple tours but it's time for a change now. The heaviness of this song will knock people right over immediately by starting with it.
  • Like 1

Mick

the reason i'm doing this is i've been underwhelmed recently by singles from bands i like.

Mick

Who else has disappointed? It's been a quiet year for me so I don't really know what's come out haha

Since it's the first song on the album, they should probably open their shows with it. Trip The Darkness has been a good show opener for the last couple tours but it's time for a change now. The heaviness of this song will knock people right over immediately by starting with it.

This is the song I kept feeling Nothing Stands in our Way should have been. It sort of repeats that intro...but doesn't settle down once into a "nice" groove...it just pummels!

Andrea...amazing man...honestly didn't expect this from him!

Edited by Segue Myles

Mick

Mick

Who else has disappointed? It's been a quiet year for me so I don't really know what's come out haha

Not really from this year. well 1 is from this year.i can thing of 3 right off.........Toto........though i like Orphan now. Spock's Beard and Dream Theater.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Not really from this year. well 1 is from this year.i can thing of 3 right off.........Toto........though i like Orphan now. Spock's Beard and Dream Theater.

Mick

Actually, spot on, the last year all lead single disappointed (but most sound great now the album is out).

Nightwish had me quietly concerned with Élan last year haha!

And Toto's Orphan was...a grower...

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

Actually, spot on, the last year all lead single disappointed (but most sound great now the album is out).

oh man Orphan was like the air being let out of a tire. i don't know what i was expecting. but it wasn't that, lol

i love it in the album. it's beautiful there.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Mick

Mick

oh man Orphan was like the air being let out of a tire. i don't know what i was expecting. but it wasn't that, lol

i love it in the album. it's beautiful there.

Mick

Actually, I didn't like any of the Toto songs until I had played the record through several times.

I hated Burn (now I am obsessed with it).

Hang on...Running Out Of Time was awesome I did like that from the first moment I found the leak haha

Still not keen on 21st Century Blues

• Like 1

I've always gotta hear the first single. The radio sure as hell isn't gonna play most of the stuff I listen to and I want to at least get a taste of what a new album might sound like.

My thoughts exactly.

Besides, I am used to the bands I love releasing radio friendly singles first.

Which is what I expected House Of Shame would be.

Well knock me down, it is the polar opposite with House Of Shame !

The first single has been rumoured to be on course for release tomorrow. So I waited all day for the leak haha!

Edited by Segue Myles

Here is the audio for lead single House Of Shame:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0mzuakdq6k

Edited by Segue Myles