The Official Lacuna Coil Thread

Segue Myles

I stumbled on this band through one of those label sampler cd's for new groups. The track on the sampler was my wings. It hooked me instantly and i bought in a reverie right away.

I ADORE IN A REVERIE!

MY WINGS!!!!!!

• Like 1

I like the album title. I go into a state of delirium every time I see pictures of Cristina. So the name seems appropriate.

In all honesty, my favourite Lacuna Coil album title ever.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_PcLK_AF8MkA/SIUQhiGFxHI/AAAAAAAAAeQ/5fb1rWMdvpY/s400/CristinaScabbiaFinal.JPG
  • Like 2

From Loudwire:

You can add Lacuna Coil to the list of bands releasing albums in 2016. The band teased their forthcoming disc with a new Facebook posting, simply stating, “Lacuna Coil Delirium 2016.”

In an upcoming chat with Loudwire Nights host Toni Gonzalez, vocalist Cristina Scabbia states, “We entered the studio about a week ago, so we’re at the very beginning … We’re absolutely excited and I think everything will be completed before the end of February, I think. And the album should be out at the end of May. It’s called Delirium and there’s tons of reasons for it. It’s been a crazy couple of years for different reasons, for personal reasons and for a lot of things that we will disclose, or we will tell later.”

She adds, “It’s heavier than the previous albums we did, which is kind of surprising because a lot of bands are going the other way around and getting softer and more accessible.”

The band has been in the studio over the past month working up to recording, posting a wealth of photos from their jam sessions for their eighth studio album.

• Like 2

"It’s heavier than the previous albums we did"

:drool:

Looking forward to it.

And with one less guitar player now, it seems we can expect more electronics elements!

I have been dying for this to happen again ever since the HalfLife EP back in 2000! I adore that. Unleashed Memories softened the keyboards a little.

Excited!

I just hope they dial up the electronics. I love that sound on them.

Mick

Same...which is why I am still amazed you don't like Unleashed Memories!

I hope for more inventiveness. Broken Crown Halo had lots of interesting new ideas going on (Cybersleep, the ending of In The End I Feel Alive, the more metal moments of Zombies and NSIOW, the amazing vocals on Victims...oooooh...VICTIMS!!).

But I have to say, for the first time as an LC fan ever, I have no idea what I want from them. They have given me so much, anything more is just...a bonus. If its great, WOOP WOOP!

As much as I love Broken Crown Halo, I still feel, melodically, it feels a little strained and forced. Maybe the shake up in the line up will spark more creativity!

Unusual for me, as much as I love Karmacode, I never want this band to replicate my favourite albums or eras. The next fan to go "I hope the next one sounds like Comalies" will get a table forced down their throat.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

Mick

I hope for more Comalies level inventiveness. Broken Crown Halo had lots of interesting new ideas going on (Cybersleep, the ending of In The End I Feel Alive, the more metal moments of Zombies and NSIOW, the amazing vocals on Victims...oooooh...VICTIMS!!).

But I have to say, for the first time as an LC fan ever, I have no idea what I want from them. They have given me so much, anything more is just...a bonus. If its great, WOOP WOOP!

As much as I love Broken Crown Halo, I still feel, melodically, it feels a little strained and forced. Maybe the shake up in the line up will spark more creativity!

Unusual for me, as much as I love Karmacode, I never want this band to replicate my favourite albums or eras. The next fan to go "I hope the next one sounds like Comalies" will get a table forced down their throat.

To be honest. BCH has slipped for me. it's not one i reach for a lot.

I have to give Memories another spin.

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

I hope for more Comalies level inventiveness. Broken Crown Halo had lots of interesting new ideas going on (Cybersleep, the ending of In The End I Feel Alive, the more metal moments of Zombies and NSIOW, the amazing vocals on Victims...oooooh...VICTIMS!!).

To be honest. BCH has slipped for me. it's not one i reach for a lot.

I have to give Memories another spin.

Mick

If they had the budget to match their ambition, Unleashed Memories would have better production to truly reflect the genius on display!

Broken Crown Halo is a 9/10 for me. Of the last ten years, it ranks in my top ten.

• Like 1

As Segue knows, I was not the biggest fan of the musical direction they went on Karmacode. Dark Adrenaline and Broken Crown Halo both seemed like the natural progression they should have made after Comalies. Especially, BCH. I had just about given up on them but my friend kept telling me to listen to BCH. I loved it on my first listen. My reaction after I heard the chorus to Zombies was "where the hell has this been? Welcome back Lacuna Coil!"

BCH also has what is probably my favorite vocal performance from Cristina with Hostage To The Light. Actually, her and Andi's vocals have never sounded better than they do on that album. It's been a good ten years since i've been into the band as much as i've been over the last year and a half. So, I am really looking forward to their new album. The last time I said that was before Karmacode was released and that ended up disappointing me. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen this time.

• Like 1

As Segue knows, I was not the biggest fan of the musical direction they went on Karmacode. Dark Adrenaline and Broken Crown Halo both seemed like the natural progression they should have made after Comalies. Especially, BCH. I had just about given up on them but my friend kept telling me to listen to BCH. I loved it on my first listen. My reaction after I heard the chorus to Zombies was "where the hell has this been? Welcome back Lacuna Coil!"

BCH also has what is probably my favorite vocal performance from Cristina with Hostage To The Light. Actually, her and Andi's vocals have never sounded better than they do on that album. It's been a good ten years since i've been into the band as much as i've been over the last year and a half. So, I am really looking forward to their new album. The last time I said that was before Karmacode was released and that ended up disappointing me. Hopefully the same thing doesn't happen this time.

I remember being surprised by Karmacode, but to this day it's always been the most delightful, and meaningful album to me of all time. Simple as that!

But the curve ball that was Shallow Life really, really took me a while to get used too. It wasn't so much the songs, it was more THAT choice of producer. It still reminds me of Linkin Park, and a band as unique and special as Lacuna Coil did not need to go down that path.

But then again, I love it a lot, and although it has Underdog and The Pain (my two least favourite songs in their entire history), the B-Sides made up for it, and I adore it! Not Enough, I'm Not Afraid, I Won't Tell You, Leaving Alone, Last Goodbye, Oblivion, I Like It...Lacuna Coil wouldn't be the same to me without this odd delight!

I can easily pick a favourite LC album, but after that, any single LC album could take second place. And the EP's are incredibly special!

One of very, very few bands where I love everything they have done!

SOOOOOOO.........i still am cold on Unleashed Memories. just......blah.

But Broken Crown Halo. Did i say it slipped?

ho ho.......Mick you idiot.

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

Not everything is for everybody. BCH is beautiful and Dark!

When I played it yesterday, it really hit me how cinematic it is, especially One Cold Day.

As I said, 9/10 for me!

• Like 2

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

When I played it yesterday, it really hit me how cinematic it is, especially One Cold Day.

As I said, 9/10 for me!

Listening to it really hit me why you would connect with a DT album like Black Clouds. Different musical styles but both the same dark vibe.

BCH is Cinematic.......as is Black Clouds.

Similarities there.

• Like 2

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

As I said, 9/10 for me!

Listening to it really hit me why you would connect with a DT album like Black Clouds. Different musical styles but both the same dark vibe.

Similarities there.

Yeah when I played Black Clouds (the album that started it all), I chose it because it seemed to have a lot in common MOOD WISE with the sort of music that best represents me.

It is the closest DT ever got to Gothic flavoured metal (which I adore, heavy or commercial!).

• Like 1

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

As I said, 9/10 for me!

Similarities there.

Yeah when I played Black Clouds (the album that started it all), I chose it because it seemed to have a lot in common MOOD WISE with the sort of music that best represents me.

It is the closest DT ever got to Gothic flavoured metal (which I adore, heavy or commercial!).

off topic i wanted to thank you. You made me revisit Black Clouds. When you clicked with it.....it had been like 6 months since my last play. you helped me see how great it actually is.

Mick

• Like 1

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

As I said, 9/10 for me!

Similarities there.

off topic i wanted to thank you. You made me revisit Black Clouds. When you clicked with it.....it had been like 6 months since my last play. you helped me see how great it actually is.

Mick

Ha! Odd...your verdict on SC is also kinda how I hear it now!

I like it buuuutttt...the worst? Yeaaaaaah...

But glad you got into Black Clouds! I find when new styles click, it broadens my tastes elsewhere. Because of The Beatles, I tried other classic rock acts, which led me to try Rush, Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac...etc.

I liked ONE classic rock band, and it pulled me out of a rutt of nothing but metal, punk, metal, hardcore, metal and...meh-tal.

Who knows what you are going to dig next haha!

• Like 1

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

As I said, 9/10 for me!

Similarities there.

Mick

But glad you got into Black Clouds! I find when new styles click, it broadens my tastes elsewhere. Because of The Beatles, I tried other classic rock acts, which led me to try Rush, Springsteen, Fleetwood Mac...etc.

I liked ONE classic rock band, and it pulled me out of a rutt of nothing but metal, punk, metal, hardcore, metal and...meh-tal.

Black Clouds to me is what they were trying to do with SC. SC is trying gothic style but failing........just awfully.

I really can't stand it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Majestic.

Mick

Woohoo!

As I said, 9/10 for me!

Similarities there.

Mick

Black Clouds to me is what they were trying to do with SC. SC is trying gothic style but failing........just awfully.

I really can't stand it, lol

Mick

Well, I played the self titled today. I have always been a little meh to it, but today I really enjoyed it!

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil haha

Well, Mick we ruined my own thread tee hee

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil haha

it's your thread, lol

My LC ranking

1. Comalies

2. Broken Crown Halo

3. Karmacode

4. Shallow Life

5. Dark Adrenaline

6. Unleashed Memories

7. In A Reverie.

i put the last 2 down Here cause to me they really are far apart in quality to the other 5

Mick

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil haha

it's your thread, lol

My LC ranking

1. Comalies

2. Broken Crown Halo

3. Karmacode

4. Shallow Life

5. Dark Adrenaline

6. Unleashed Memories

7. In A Reverie.

i put the last 2 down Here cause to me they really are far apart in quality to the other 5

Mick

Oooooh...well!

I will try:

1. Karmacode 10/10

2. Comalies 10/10

=2. Unleashed Memories 10/10

4. Dark Adrenaline: Japanese edition 9.5/10

5. Broken Crown Halo 9/10

6. Shallow Life: Deluxe Edition 9/10

7. Lacuna Coil EP 9/10

8. In A Reverie 9/10

9. HalfLife EP 9/10

This is not biased. They are not my favourite band because I like just one or two releases!

And none deserve to come last

• Like 1