My LC ranking

1. Comalies

2. Broken Crown Halo

3. Karmacode

4. Shallow Life

5. Dark Adrenaline

6. Unleashed Memories

7. In A Reverie.

i put the last 2 down Here cause to me they really are far apart in quality to the other 5

Mick

Oooooh...well!

I will try:

1. Karmacode 10/10

2. Comalies 10/10

=2. Unleashed Memories 10/10

4. Dark Adrenaline: Japanese edition 9.5/10

5. Broken Crown Halo 9/10

6. Shallow Life: Deluxe Edition 9/10

7. Lacuna Coil EP 9/10

8. In A Reverie 9/10

9. HalfLife EP 9/10

This is not biased. They are not my favourite band because I like just one or two releases!

And none deserve to come last

Can i say LC may be my fav band at least in this style.

not all time though.

Mick

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil haha

Well, Mick we ruined my own thread tee hee

it's your thread, lol

My LC ranking

1. Comalies

2. Broken Crown Halo

3. Karmacode

4. Shallow Life

5. Dark Adrenaline

6. Unleashed Memories

7. In A Reverie.

i put the last 2 down Here cause to me they really are far apart in quality to the other 5

Mick

Oooooh...well!

I will try:

1. Karmacode 10/10

2. Comalies 10/10

7. Lacuna Coil EP 9/10

8. In A Reverie 9/10

9. HalfLife EP 9/10

This is not biased. They are not my favourite band because I like just one or two releases!

not all time though.

Mick

I am just glad I ain't alone!

If Rush fans ever feel isolated...LC fans have it worse!

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil haha

Well, Mick we ruined my own thread tee hee

it's your thread, lol

My LC ranking

1. Comalies

2. Broken Crown Halo

3. Karmacode

4. Shallow Life

5. Dark Adrenaline

6. Unleashed Memories

7. In A Reverie.

Mick

Oooooh...well!

I will try:

1. Karmacode 10/10

2. Comalies 10/10

7. Lacuna Coil EP 9/10

8. In A Reverie 9/10

9. HalfLife EP 9/10

not all time though.

Mick

I am just glad I ain't alone!

If Rush fans ever feel isolated...LC fans have it worse!

I've never once felt isolated being a fan of either band. Especially with the internet. It's much easier to find like minded fans.

• Like 1

This chorus gets stuck in my head for days whenever I hear it:

Our lost souls will rise above as one

We are alone, we are the night, we are the ghosts that come to life

We will scare away reality when walls are falling down

We are alone, we aren’t blind, we see the shadows from inside

We will run away and hide when the new dawn is breaking

• Like 2

This chorus gets stuck in my head for days whenever I hear it:

Our lost souls will rise above as one

We are alone, we are the night, we are the ghosts that come to life

We will scare away reality when walls are falling down

We are alone, we aren’t blind, we see the shadows from inside

We will run away and hide when the new dawn is breaking

Zombies!

I honestly also love I Forgive sooooo much!

Best song for me on BCH is Victims. I think, much like Against You, In Visible Light and Distant Sun, it is one of those woefully overlooked gems!

Edited by Segue Myles

Im not got rank them all but by far my favorite 2 are in a reverie and karmacode. Which is weird because they are so different

In A Reverie is the sister album to The Gathering's Nighttime Birds. I love it!

Some interesting news!

This will be the first time Lacuna Coil self-produce their own work! Ever!

Marco Coti-Zelati is producing it, and considering he is the bassist as well as the bands principal composer, this should be interesting! Also, it is being recorded in Italy, so I am really looking forward to this!

No more outside help, if this is a winner or a loser, it will be completely down to the artists in question!

A bit of a risk, but then again, exciting!

• Like 1

Lacuna Coil's first demo, under the name Ethereal:

Definitely metal!

• Like 1

And before Cristina, the earliest incarnation of Lacuna Coil was Sleep Of Right:

• Like 1

Some interesting news!

This will be the first time Lacuna Coil self-produce their own work! Ever!

Marco Coti-Zelati is producing it, and considering he is the bassist as well as the bands principal composer, this should be interesting! Also, it is being recorded in Italy, so I am really looking forward to this!

No more outside help, if this is a winner or a loser, it will be completely down to the artists in question!

A bit of a risk, but then again, exciting!

After so many years of experience they can do it. Lacuna Coil is one the most independant bands I know.

I think it'll sound very good, at least. :ebert:

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0zasa8cDA

Definitely metal!

And before Cristina, the earliest incarnation of Lacuna Coil was Sleep Of Right:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsuIcPvY0Ak

I didn't remember about Ethereal.

And didn't know about Sleep of Right.

Thanks for posting these. :)

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fl0zasa8cDA

Definitely metal!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsuIcPvY0Ak

I didn't remember about Ethereal.

And didn't know about Sleep of Right.

Thanks for posting these. :)

It's crazy how heavy they were! But they did the right thing by changing. Still...I would have at least liked to have heard a few more songs in this vein.

• Like 1

It's crazy how heavy they were! But they did the right thing by changing. Still...I would have at least liked to have heard a few more songs in this vein.

They do have a style since the beggining. I didn't know Adrea Ferro' scream vocals were so powerful in that time.

It's interesting to compare, because it makes a total difference when Cristina starts singing; the music contrasts better.

:yes: I like their heavy roots too.

Edited by rhyv
  • Like 1

They do have a style since the beggining. I didn't know Adrea Ferro' scream vocals were so powerful in that time.

It's interesting to compare, because it makes a total difference when Cristina starts singing; the music contrasts better.

I find it remarkable just how accomplished LC were on their debut EP! One of my favourite releases of theirs, but I love that nineties goth metal sound.

Have you heard everything by them?

• Like 1

I find it remarkable just how accomplished LC were on their debut EP! One of my favourite releases of theirs, but I love that nineties goth metal sound.

:yes:

I appreciate all albums. I notice how they changed since Comalies and Karmacode, but to me it's improvement.

All their albums are inside a proper context. They're connected to each other, it's Lacuna Coil's style, but they're not all the same.

That's why I like the band: variety and unity at the same time.

• Like 2

:yes:

I appreciate all albums. I notice how they changed since Comalies and Karmacode, but to me it's improvement.

All their albums are inside a proper context. They're connected to each other, it's Lacuna Coil's style, but they're not all the same.

That's why I like the band: variety and unity at the same time.

My thoughts exactly!

I think its amazing how they have evolved with my tastes...I remember after Shallow Life I wanted them desperately to "correct it" rather than go even lighter...AND THEY DID! DA was the album I had wanted Shallow Life to be when I read the first announcements, and in the end, I ended up enjoying SL a lot more!

I am so in love with LC that if they did lose momentum, I have enough to satisfy me for life!

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly!

I think its amazing how they have evolved with my tastes...I remember after Shallow Life I wanted them desperately to "correct it" rather than go even lighter...AND THEY DID! DA was the album I had wanted Shallow Life to be when I read the first announcements, and in the end, I ended up enjoying SL a lot more!

I am so in love with LC that if they did lose momentum, I have enough to satisfy me for life!

Soon I'll post what I think of each album. I'm still preparing the texts.

I wish to see them live someday. Didn't have the opportunity yet. I saw some live videos and they're so powerful on stage. :clap:

• Like 1

My thoughts exactly!

Soon I'll post what I think of each album. I'm still preparing the texts.

I wish to see them live someday. Didn't have the opportunity yet. I saw some live videos and they're so powerful on stage. :clap:

I find it a real shame that their last tour didn't have any professionally shot videos, as I think it was the best they have ever sounded!

I can't really give my verdict on their albums as all I will do is praise praise praise

Unleashed Memories

This is to my ears the most unique of all LC's albums. The sound, the style, the lyrics, it is completely, 100% LC and nothing else!

Karmacode might be my all time favourite album, but I regard this and the bands most beautiful, and possibly over all best release ever.

The closest album I know of to this style is The Gathering's equally unique, and underrated, if_then_else, and parts of Souvenirs, but Unleashed Memories is superior!

Bonus track Lost Lullaby should never have been left off. Works perfectly as the closing number!

10/10

(Worth noting that this is the first time I have played this properly since Tales From Topographic Oceans took over my collection, safe to say that UM remains higher, perhaps equal to Karmacode for me).

By far the most emotionally connected I have ever been to an album.

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

I really am sad that this tour will have no DVD. Both Andi and Cri have been on top form live, and this particular recording is the best I have ever heard her live, and this is not a gentle song!

Really wish LC would focus on another, better live DVD. Visual Karma remains the worst official LC product in their entire discography!

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

-.- *In a Reverie* : this album is among my "chosen ones" because of how it's composed: conceptual, goth connected and songs aren't exactly linked to each other. Lyrics are about relationships, guilty, faith and unfollowing society's values.

Circle, Stately Lover, Cold, Veins of Glass and Falling Again are my favorite songs, as My Wings. The first Lacuna Coil song I've listened. It really got me into the guitar sounds and lyrics. :)

-.- *Unleashed Memories* : I agree is special. Rock and soft; beautiful and sad; the inside reflects on the outside. I like all songs here. The album is very melodic, timeless and symbolic.

-.- *Comalies* : Among their best albums ever, for sure. It's the start of different sound direction into the band, vocals are more explored, keyboards prevail in many tracks, guitars are heavier.

-.- *Karmacode* : The album is criticized and loved by many fans. To me is among the greater ones, another step to explore electronic compositions and another level for Cristina's voice. It's really her instrument. Favorite tracks: Fragile, To The Edge, Our Truth, You Create/What I See, Fragments of Faith, In Visible Light, Without Fear.

-.- *Shallow Life* : Appreciate it too, but not on the top for me. My oppinion is divided, because I like the main theme (extreme materialistic life, fame, find a place in the world). Not so much how they sound in all songs and not all lyrics. Favorite songs: Survive, Underdog, Wide Awake (amazing vocals here), The Maze, Unchained, Oblivion.

I Won't Tell You , I Like It: love the songs and videos. :D

I also adore The Last Goodbye and Leaving alone because they seem a return into their previous music style (Comalies).

(To be continued...)

Edited by rhyv