The most important issue raised by Neil's retirement comments

zappafrank

He probably told her that. That simple. Kids are good at repeating.

He's right! He probably did tell her that! It is simple. Kids are good at repeating things!

• Like 2

He probably told her that. That simple. Kids are good at repeating.

He's right! He probably did tell her that! It is simple. Kids are good at repeating things!

I can just picture Ol' Sourpuss (Neil) saying to young Olivia, "Your daddy's a retired drummer now! I'll be home all the time (except when I'm off on a "mid-America hate ride!!!)"
  • Like 3

I beg to differ.

The most important issue raised by Neil's retirement comments is what kind of pajamas Alex wears at night.

I reckon he sleeps naked only but for the bunny slippers

Both of my grandparents were retired by the time I was six or seven years old. It's not a hard concept for a kid to grasp. All it meant to me was that they weren't working anymore. I'm sure that's all it means to Neil's daughter as well.
  • Like 1

Both of my grandparents were retired by the time I was six or seven years old. It's not a hard concept for a kid to grasp. All it meant to me was that they weren't working anymore. I'm sure that's all it means to Neil's daughter as well.

....well, that or the whole "Olivia anecdote" is a passive-aggressive way to get Alex and Geddy to stop talking about the future of Rush in all these recent interviews.

....well, that or the whole "Olivia anecdote" is a passive-aggressive way to get Alex and Geddy to stop talking about the future of Rush in all these recent interviews.

To be fair, Geddy and Alex are only talking about the future of the band because people are asking them about it. It's not like they're blabbing about it freely.

Ged may cut a solo album next year. Alex may guest on it. Smaller solo tour possible in famous landmark small venues in the US and Canada.

Pics and evidence or it didn't happen ! :D :D

Ged may cut a solo album next year. Alex may guest on it. Smaller solo tour possible in famous landmark small venues in the US and Canada.

But if you have any pull with them, tell Geddy and Alex there is a gorgeous small theatre, Hershey Theater, here in central PA. Their friends Primus played there this spring and loved it! :D

There can be no evidence about stuff that hasn't happened yet. :)

• Like 1

There can be no evidence about stuff that hasn't happened yet. :)

Oh, alright, be sensible about it. :) :) Sounds like an ideal (what to say?? hand does not want to type post Rush, aarrgh) project; I hope it works out for all !

Is this really a thread?

And Alex wears Pj's from Target if I had to guess Lorraine. Save's money and can buy more weed.

...how does his daughter even know the phrase "retired drummer"?! She's 5!

Maybe she thinks he said he was a "Really tired drummer"
  • Like 2

That's the same thing that I always tell my wife. ;)

What Neil should do is teach his daughter to play drums real quick and phase her into the band while Dad still write the lyrics. Then have her tour with the band in Europe first then the US on the second. Oh oh damn I just woke up from a deep deep dream.....