What if Geddy and Alex started a new band?

snowdogged

Maybe a new album of instrumental music with a different drummer on every song?

That would be super cool! I'd love to see them get involved with Danny Carey, Vinnie Paul, Stewart Copeland, or Jon Theodore
  • Like 2

If Geddy and Alex were to do something, I would think they should bring in someone who can contribute their own element of energy, more than just simply being a hired hand ..

Part of what made Rush so great was the collaborative effort .... Getting together, all in the same room, and creating some great music is something I would definitely be excited about ....

No emailing files to each other and then doing them same with some drummer - that would kill any vibe

• Like 1

.. and you can't deny that Dave Grohl has not crossed Geddy and Alex's mind

The Hall Of Fame induction, the clips of Grohl and some of his band playing 2112 backstage in front of Geddy, Alex and Neil, etc

I would bet my collection of KISS memorabilia that it has at least been talked about

I really think Geddy will do his own thing.

Just my opinion.

I think Alex will play golf, smoke weed, drink wine and be happy.

• Like 2

I really think Geddy will do his own thing.

Just my opinion.

I think Alex will play golf, smoke weed, drink wine and be happy.

I agree ... I think chances are that the first new music that we get will be from Geddy

Not saying he and Alex won't do something down the road, but Geddy seems to want to continue the momentum from the tour without a break ..

• Like 2

I think it would be pretty cool if they made an album with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins where Dave and Ged share the vocals. I know this will get a lot of hate but I'd love to see it.

I'd love to see Geddy and Alex do something with someone else singing.

• Like 2

I seriously think they should do an all instrumental concept album. They would be awesome at it and it would be something that Rush fans could get into.
  • Like 2

I like the idea of an all instrumental thing if Geddy and Alex do anything together again. Not sure who they would get to play drums but I know Dave Grohl and Mike Portnoy would say yes in a heart beat. Is Grohl a good enough drummer to play along with them though?

I think it would be pretty cool if they made an album with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins where Dave and Ged share the vocals. I know this will get a lot of hate but I'd love to see it.

I'd love to see Geddy and Alex do something with someone else singing.

Rik Emmett. :D :haz:

Sounds like an interesting idea, although I don't think forming a "new band" should be so. As much as I'd love to hear more from them, there's no replacing Rush! (I wonder how Rutsey would feel about that.) Maybe the four of them could have a tour together?

It would be more of a "Super-group" type thing sorta like The Travelling Wiburys. Maybe they could call themselves The Travelling Dingleberries.