What if Geddy and Alex started a new band?

snowdogged

I think it would be pretty cool if they made an album with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins where Dave and Ged share the vocals. I know this will get a lot of hate but I'd love to see it.

I have,

No problem with that. As long as it's a new name for the band. I would actually like to see them play with some one that is in there age group. But either way. I am for it.

• Like 2

I think it would be pretty cool if they made an album with Dave Grohl and Taylor Hawkins where Dave and Ged share the vocals. I know this will get a lot of hate but I'd love to see it.

I have,

No problem with that. As long as it's a new name for the band. I would actually like to see them play with some one that is in there age group. But either way. I am for it.

I'd like the energy and enthusiasm that Dave and Taylor would bring to the project. They inducted them into the hall of fame and it would be an historic album.
  • Like 1

No hate if you don't call it RUSH.

• Like 1

I have,

I'd like the energy and enthusiasm that Dave and Taylor would bring to the project. They inducted them into the hall of fame and it would be an historic album.

But,

Who would write the lyrics? :D

Edited by troutman
  • Like 1

No hate if you don't call it RUSH.

In my mind Rush is over without Neil and I think Ged and Alex feel the same way but I'm sure that an album with Dave and Taylor would have much more of a classic rock feel to it than a new Rush album would.

I have,

Ditto. As long as they don't call it Rush, I can't understand why anyone would begrudge them for wanting to continue with music if they want to. Seems selfish to want to keep them confined to Rush and Rush only just because "we like it that way.". That's not for us to decide.

• Like 3

Forget those dudes.

Bring in Gavin Harrison and Steven Wilson!

That would be too prog for me and the song writing would not be as good.

Harrison has no affinity to Prog and Porcupine Tree were never as Prog as Rush have been.

That said, Lee and Wilson just wouldn't work.

Forget those dudes.

Harrison has no affinity to Prog and Porcupine Tree were never as Prog as Rush have been.

I don't really know Porcupine Tree that well. I heard a couple of songs and just wasn't crazy about what I heard.

Forget those dudes.

The former drummer for Porcupine Tree, and current touring drummer for King Crimson, has no affinity for prog?

He's a jazz drummer first and foremost, absolutely. But he's pretty down with the prog, yo.

I'm not sure what would happen with Lee and Wilson. They are two very different philosophies as song writers.

Lifeson played on the PT song Anesthetize.

• Like 1

Forget those dudes.

The former drummer for Porcupine Tree, and current touring drummer for King Crimson, has no affinity for prog?

He's a jazz drummer first and foremost, absolutely. But he's pretty down with the prog, yo.

I'm not sure what would happen with Lee and Wilson. They are two very different philosophies as song writers.

Lifeson played on the PT song Anesthetize.

But Harrison + Wilson does not = more Prog

funny, my wife and i had exactly that conversation yesterday! we'd love to see that too.

we called it 'the rush fighters'!

FOOSH

The Blah Blah Blahs

Taylor and The Pipedreams

Jann Wenner's Envy

;) ;)

I have,

:goodone:

• Like 1