What made you HAPPY today?

OldRUSHfan

Had this stupid minor surgery last month and anything that could've gone wrong with it went wrong.

Just went for my 7th post-op appointment, and everything is finally healing up nicely. No more bandages!

I feel so relieved that I could cry/laugh/dance/drink/post a bunch of crap on TRF.

• Like 2

Got the laundry done today....boxes from christmas gifts from Swiss Colony broken down and ready to throw out tomorrow...second bag of pop bottles ready to be taken to the store and recycled! Greatest day in a while!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/banana%20on%2050s%20pick-up.gif

• Like 4

I realized that on this day (Dec 16th) in 1974, I attended my first Rush concert at the Agora Ballroom in Cleveland. Ohio.

42 years ago. Man that makes me feel old.

I was 20 years old. :sigh:

How much of that do you remember? If you remember a lot, you ought to start a thread and commit your recollection to Rush archival posterity. :)

Had a discussion about politics and economics last night with my 12 year-old son.

What made me happy was that he brought it up!

:)

Is he supply side or demand side?

:LOL:

I realized that on this day (Dec 16th) in 1974, I attended my first Rush concert at the Agora Ballroom in Cleveland. Ohio.

42 years ago. Man that makes me feel old.

I was 20 years old. :sigh:

How much of that do you remember? If you remember a lot, you ought to start a thread and commit your recollection to Rush archival posterity. :)

What I remember most was worrying about getting in. It was an 18 and over show and I was only 14. I was always big for my age and I had heard that the Agora didn't look to hard. Luckily there were a lot of people wanting to get in and they didn't even look at me twice. I do remember they opened with "Finding My Way" and how excited I was about seeing them. Ended up standing about 15 feet from the stage on Alex's side. I remember hearing "Here Again" and "Working Man". I also remember hearing a couple "new" songs that was going to be on their next album (Fly By Night) and wising they played more from the the album that I knew!

• Like 1

I am finally done with getting all the christmas gifts for this year!

Its been hard this year, since people cant say what they wish for... when I ask, all they saying is: You don´t have to get me anything.

Dammit! Its christmas, ofcourse I will get something!

• Like 2

Just took the next three days off from work! I had 30 hours of personal time remaining for the year, so I am ENJOYING it!! :haz:
  • Like 3

Several things.

- Holding an electric guitar in my hands for the first time.

- Getting a copy of Rush's Time Stand Still. I'm loving the Presto tour footage!

- And finding the perfect Christmas presents for my parents. :]

• Like 5