What made you HAPPY today?

OldRUSHfan

Being back in my house, which I had to leave Friday after our through the wall a/c unit died Thursday night, and a new unit couldn't be installed until 4 pm today. We were in a hotel for three nights, and spent most of today in buildings with a/c or in the car. Rocky gets picked up from the dog hotel tomorrow, and all will be right in the world of PJ.
  • Like 1

A great speech by the President. I have been hurt and have disagreed with many of his policies but today, he led.

How so? Did he tell everyone in the country to knock the hate and violence off?

You should listen to it in its entirety. For a change, he spoke humbly.

I got my loan to replace my battery in my vehicle, and an appt. to get it installed tomorrow at 2 pm! YAY!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/WooHoo%202%20banana.gif

• Like 1

Being back in my house, which I had to leave Friday after our through the wall a/c unit died Thursday night, and a new unit couldn't be installed until 4 pm today. We were in a hotel for three nights, and spent most of today in buildings with a/c or in the car. Rocky gets picked up from the dog hotel tomorrow, and all will be right in the world of PJ.

Isn't AC the OFFICIAL State thingie in Fla?

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Cold%20Banana%20see%20breath.gif

Back to the original post I made when I created this Thread, Sad songs that make you happy? Here's "Missing Person" by Split Enz:

Split Enz, Missing Person

Home to sweet home,

It just occurred to me

To be on my own,

In search of bitter treats

I get so removed

But you never notice it

Step in my shoes,

You'll see that I don't fit

I walk home,

The wrong way,

Hoping I'll go astray

I'd like to be a missing person

Eyes open wide,

But all I see is black

You thought I was alright

Just wait til you get back

There'll be no-one home

And they'll stay up all night

Everyone I know,

I'm wishing you goodnight

I walk home,

The wrong way,

Hoping I'll go astray

I'd like to be a missing person

I wander the highways,

Asleep in your doorways

I'm wanted but I'm a missing person

And I fly by night,

Fighting to get away

On the neon lights

I slip down alley ways

Only safe and sound when silence brings a chill

Now my back is turned,

I know I can't stand still

I walk home the wrong way,

This time I'll go astray

I like to be a missing person

I wander the highways,

Asleep in your doorways

I'm wanted but I'm a missing person

Missing person,

missing person,

missing person...(end)

Ahhhhhhhhhh!

:banana:

Edited by OldRUSHfan

Isn't AC the OFFICIAL State thingie in Fla

Down my way yes, farther North not so much- Pensacola and Jacksonville have been known to experience snow on occasion.

Also our house was built weird, and actually had a gas furnace (which is now rusted to shite and inoperable), and instead of central A/C, we've had large (12 X 16 X 18, 150 lbs) AC's that are in a metal casing that fits through a hole in the wall. When we bought the place some 28 years ago, just putting in metal air ducts for central AC would have cost us $5000. Add to that the cost for the mechanical equipment and installation, we opted out. With the unit we have now (24000 BTU/hr) and the ceiling fans in all the rooms we're fine, we just have to replace the unit every 4-6 years or so. This is the last one though-a year from now I'll be retired, and out of the house.

Edited by pjbear05
  • Like 1

Down my way yes, farther North not so much- Pensacola and Jacksonville have been known to experience snow on occasion.

"On occasion" is a very flexible phrase. I lived in Jax from '75-'93. It snowed ONCE in Jax in '89 or '90 then again ONCE maybe one or two years ago (heard about it from family/friends). Though not as bad as south Florida, Jax is still hot as a mother in the summer (90-100 degrees with 90-100% humidity). Can't live there without a.c. That's for sure.

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

Also our house was built weird, and actually had a gas furnace (which is now rusted to shite and inoperable), and instead of central A/C, we've had large (12 X 16 X 18, 150 lbs) AC's that are in a metal casing that fits through a hole in the wall. When we bought the place some 28 years ago, just putting in metal air ducts for central AC would have cost us $5000. Add to that the cost for the mechanical equipment and installation, we opted out. With the unit we have now (24000 BTU/hr) and the ceiling fans in all the rooms we're fine, we just have to replace the unit every 4-6 years or so. This is the last one though-a year from now I'll be retired, and out of the house.

We had a unit like that in our second house in Saline, the one I basically lived in from '69 till '79. Eventually, my parents went to central air there in the mid '70s. I have a medium unit like that in my Apt. now...had to turn it off tonight....I started shivering!!!

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Cold%20Banana%20see%20breath.gif

I don't think you can buy a car down there without AC in it......I have a LOT of family in Fla. Calhoun family...twins...used to live in Leesburg (Jerry) and Orlando (Jack) and various cousins and such....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Playing%20in%20the%20surf%20banana.gif

I don't think you can buy a car down there without AC in it......I have a LOT of family in Fla. Calhoun family...twins...used to live in Leesburg (Jerry) and Orlando (Jack) and various cousins and such....

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/Playing%20in%20the%20surf%20banana.gif

That might be true for new cars. BUT it wasn't true at least in the late 80s. My first car (used Mitsubishi) didn't have a.c. The only reason I got it was because I was a poor high school kid that could only afford something that was dirt cheap. The only things it had going for it besides the price was that it was a stick and it had a sunroof (which I always had off in the summer [minus rainy days of course])

Edited by JohnnyBlaze
  • Like 1

That might be true for new cars. BUT it wasn't true at least in the late 80s. My first car (used Mitsubishi) didn't have a.c. The only reason I got it was because I was a poor high school kid that could only afford something that was dirt cheap. The only things it had going for it besides the price was that it was a stick and it had a sunroof (which I always had off in the summer [minus rainy days of course])

My first car was a '79 Mustang Cobra with a Turbo on the engine. It had a sunroof also, which was off most of the time in summer even here in Michigan. This is NOT a pic of my car, but a similar one...

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Memories-%2079%20Ford%20Mustang%20Cobra%20Turbo-%20mine%20was%20silver%20the%20Cobra%20sticker%20was%20in%20RED%20as%20was%20the%20striping%20in%20the%20siding%201%20sm.jpghttp://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Me%20stuff/My%20Memories-%2079%20Ford%20Mustang%20Cobra%20Turbo-%20mine%20was%20silver%20the%20Cobra%20sticker%20was%20in%20RED%20as%20was%20the%20striping%20in%20the%20siding%202%20sm.jpg

Mine was silver and the Cobra was red/orange. Put a Blaupunkt cassette player in it and a 40 watt amplifier and four triaxial mobile speakers! I was lucky I was a FORD worker, got it on the A plan....(boast, boast, boast)...sorry, but I was so thrilled to own this car......A/C included!

Found a complete video of the Black Crowes' final live show ever, from December of 2013, on YouTube. It was just posted a month ago.

Watching it right now...

:7up:

Learning that not all the folk 'out there' believe the sheep shit being heaped upon the heads of the populace by just about EVERYONE WITH AN AGENDA! (99.9999999999%) But there ARE SO MANY THAT DO, it's ALMOST enought to bring me down again......not yet, though......

:banana:

Found a complete video of the Black Crowes' final live show ever, from December of 2013, on YouTube. It was just posted a month ago.

Watching it right now...

:7up:

:haz:
  • Like 1

K. I'm listening to my Instrumental playlist on iTunes, and I feel like going over the instructions on my North American P-51 D Mustang....so be back later! :hi:

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/bananawave.gif

Having a RUNNING ROUTER REMOVED FROM MY ASS. {woodworking tool}

Ahhhhhhhh.

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j223/OldRUSHfan/Banana%20World/acid%20banana.gif

Edited by OldRUSHfan