Let's cut Neil some WELL DESERVED slack!

Thunder Bay Rush

Who's Dimebag Darrel?

Nobody to be trifled with.

https://www.google.c...629.pyAs8WbSN5E

That's pretty bad. No wonder why Neil is so paranoid.

I see for the more macabre soul you can actually watch him being shot to death on youtube.

Whatever did we do before the internet?

also interesting how he was shot on the 24th anniversary of john lennon's murder

They announced the tour in January and it ended August 1st. Not abrupt. Most people give 2 weeks notice when they retire!

Wasting 2112 here, oh well. Need to set record straight. Tour announced late January, began early May, three months, easy math.

Given work and summer vacation schedules mostly set when they announced final full tour, it was actually much less than three months notice since tix were selling out in Feb, weeks after tour announced. This made travel decisions and coordination with friends virtually impossible.

Look at how Sabbath is doing it, much much much more notice, adding additional legs, and giving fans time to react and decide travel plans for such significant and life alterning decision. Neil, on the other hand, happy to show he is exercising his free will.

Can't think of another band on their level bowing out so abruptly , outside of serious illness or death. Rush fans, thanks for your decades of support and loyalty. Have a nice life, signed your fave drummer.

Blaming Neil for being too old and injured to tour, and not giving you "adequate notice" (like there's any such thing) is like blaming Dimebag Darrell for not giving fans enough notice that he was going to be gunned down on stage.

Are you seriously going to compare Neil not wanting to tour anymore to a man being f***ing BRUTALLY MURDERED on stage? No, it's NOT the same thing and it's NOT his f***ing fault that some psycho with delusional fantasies about Pantera decided to kill him and if you're going to imply that I or any other Rush fan who is dissapointed in Neil would be that shitty and say "Oh well, he should have seen it coming, it's really his fault he got killed." NO. NOT AT ALL.

Calm yourself fragglerock.

Differences aside, at least you must agree that being dissapointed in Neil is not the same as saying "Well, Dimebag Darrel should have seen being killed coming, it's not Nathan Gale's fault, it's HIS fault."

Good lord. Why do some people have such a hard time with figuring out what is being compared when comparisons are presented?

What he's saying is that blaming Neil for wanting to retire due to events he can't control (aging and the bodily weakening that comes with it) and not giving you adequate notice of his decision is as stupid as blaming Dimebag for events he couldn't control, either.

fraroc: What, are you TELLING me that Neil should be SHOT on stage???

fraroc, that's f***ed up! I know you're upset with Neil being a grouch and wanting to retire but he doesn't deserve that. WTF

Who's Dimebag Darrel?

I see for the more macabre soul you can actually watch him being shot to death on youtube.

also interesting how he was shot on the 24th anniversary of john lennon's murder

What are the conspiracy folks saying? They must be having a field day with this one.

• Like 1

They announced the tour in January and it ended August 1st. Not abrupt. Most people give 2 weeks notice when they retire!

Wasting 2112 here, oh well. Need to set record straight. Tour announced late January, began early May, three months, easy math.

Given work and summer vacation schedules mostly set when they announced final full tour, it was actually much less than three months notice since tix were selling out in Feb, weeks after tour announced. This made travel decisions and coordination with friends virtually impossible.

Look at how Sabbath is doing it, much much much more notice, adding additional legs, and giving fans time to react and decide travel plans for such significant and life alterning decision. Neil, on the other hand, happy to show he is exercising his free will.

Can't think of another band on their level bowing out so abruptly , outside of serious illness or death. Rush fans, thanks for your decades of support and loyalty. Have a nice life, signed your fave drummer.

Blaming Neil for being too old and injured to tour, and not giving you "adequate notice" (like there's any such thing) is like blaming Dimebag Darrell for not giving fans enough notice that he was going to be gunned down on stage.

Are you seriously going to compare Neil not wanting to tour anymore to a man being f***ing BRUTALLY MURDERED on stage? No, it's NOT the same thing and it's NOT his f***ing fault that some psycho with delusional fantasies about Pantera decided to kill him and if you're going to imply that I or any other Rush fan who is dissapointed in Neil would be that shitty and say "Oh well, he should have seen it coming, it's really his fault he got killed." NO. NOT AT ALL.

Calm yourself fragglerock.

Differences aside, at least you must agree that being dissapointed in Neil is not the same as saying "Well, Dimebag Darrel should have seen being killed coming, it's not Nathan Gale's fault, it's HIS fault."

Good lord. Why do some people have such a hard time with figuring out what is being compared when comparisons are presented?

What he's saying is that blaming Neil for wanting to retire due to events he can't control (aging and the bodily weakening that comes with it) and not giving you adequate notice of his decision is as stupid as blaming Dimebag for events he couldn't control, either.

fraroc: What, are you TELLING me that Neil should be SHOT on stage???

Ha ha very funny.

• Like 1

Who's Dimebag Darrel?

What are the conspiracy folks saying? They must be having a field day with this one.

I have no idea. probably something along the lines of, catcher in the rye is a book that was actually written by reptilian aliens and/or jews who control the world's economy, and when you read it it unlocks something in your brain that makes you want to shoot celebrities

• Like 1

My BluRay is glitchy. Waaaaaaaaah! Seriously, though, my BluRay has a few video glitches throughout it. Anyone else?

And thanks for those who actually did well in reading comprehension in school and correctly restated my point back there. Lastly, I was going to Pantera shows religiously while they were together. I met Dimebag a handful of times (and the rest of Pantera), and my band was invited by his brother to their club back in 2001 or 2002 while on tour and playing near Dallas. The name of the band is my nickname, and my avatar is our first full length album cover (for Tony R-- "All the way gone" would have been far more clever of a jab at my nickname, but I'll cut you some slack this time). Ok, the thread is completely off topic now. My job is done here.

There are guests who visit this site, and look at things. It isn't just the members who come on here and putz around. I'd like to think it's someplace that people would visit and be encouraged to join, based on what they read.

I think this is a thread that might have the opposite effect, though.

• Like 1

There are guests who visit this site, and look at things. It isn't just the members who come on here and putz around. I'd like to think it's someplace that people would visit and be encouraged to join, based on what they read.

it just i think shows the stereotypical Rush fan........and therefore drives people off.

Mick

• Like 1

it just i think shows the stereotypical Rush fan........and therefore drives people off.

Mick

Is this thread a good display of stereotypical Rush fans, though? Or the same kind of narcissistic trollery that found be found on Yahoo or YouTube or anywhere else online? I think the latter. That's what is most bothersome.

You may be right, though.

We're all untouchable, behind our keyboards and screens. And with some people, that just means that anything goes.

:(

• Like 3

Mick

Is this thread a good display of stereotypical Rush fans, though? Or the same kind of narcissistic trollery that found be found on Yahoo or YouTube or anywhere else online? I think the latter. That's what is most bothersome.

We're all untouchable, behind our keyboards and screens. And with some people, that just means that anything goes.

i should have said Stereotypical of the internet, lol

Mick

Mick

Mick

Ah!

Yes.

• Like 1

Mick

Blue and Mick, long time no chat! Replying to you well worth 2113. Never in a zillion years could I imagine my comment about Neils abrupt retirement would digress into comparisons to the Dimebag Daryl tragedy. Lost in translation was me being called anal because I believe Neils desired exit was abrupt considering the loyalty of long time fans.

They could have easily added a couple months to the three month notice we received in late January to the tour start in May. They easily could have done two shorter legs, say two 24 show legs, with a four month rest in the middle. 48 shows vs 35, is there seriously a big difference?

But doing it this way could have given fans six months more notice,while only playing 13 more shows and providing the opportunity for our overseas friends to see them one last time.

Oh well, time for the new Leefson album and tour.

Edited by Gabrielgil513
  • Like 2

Gil, I just noted you were back around here a couple of days ago, maybe- haven't seen you around since tour time (a little before the New York area shows anyway, I think ;) ).

I will say that I do wish our overseas friends could have had the R40 tour brought to them. Absolutely, I agree with where you're coming from on that front.

However...some of the commentary in this thread directed at the band has been...just inappropriate, to the nth degree.

But anyway...rock on. :haz:

Neil has worked very hard to become one of the best rock drummers out there. 40 years or so on the road... he went through some personal crap that many people could not have made it through... He has a wife and a young daughter (I am so happy that he found a "second chance" at a great family life.) If he doesn't want to tour anymore, I can understand why. Pretty obvious, really.

Don't forget... the man is 62. Anyone here ever thought about retiring? I hear some pretty insensitive things about Neil and it bugs the sh** outta me. We should all be thankful that we ever had the chance to hear and see him play, read his lyrics and books. The man is getting some bad arrows slung in his direction and it’s not fair. Stop being so selfish.

I hope he does retire.

I don't want him to retire, but I do think people should give him a break

I never even knew about dime bag Darrell. That's terrible. It's been years since I was into Pantera though.

Not a very suitable or tasteful analogy, for sure. Neil is capable of explaining anything he wants to explain if he chooses to do so. Not the case for dime.

Mick

Mick

Seems we might need to lighten up the mood a bit... :) Hummm.......Let me see........ Ah yes this should do it....... And a one and a two and a Dupa!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2SYXiTV_F8

• Like 1