Phil Collins Is Coming Out Of Retirement

Xanadu

I think that neither are interested too. why it never happend........aside from that 1 off in the 80's.

Mick

There was a recent documentary on Genesis I watched called "Sum of the Parts" and in those interviews, everyone sounded open to the possibility.. in one form or another. I think once they're told they can likely charge over $200 a ticket, it could happen :LOL:

• Like 1

If PC does record an album,and do some tour next year,the rumour is that Jason Bonham,son of legend John Bonham will be involved.Surprised that Chester Thompson who has toured with Collins and Genesis since the late seventies isn't mentioned! A superb drummer!

Any new material from PC is welcome as long as it's original and not as poor as his soul/Motown covers album he did a few years back! That was way too much for me!

Will wait with optimism,but not expecting Face Value II!

If PC does record an album,and do some tour next year,the rumour is that Jason Bonham,son of legend John Bonham will be involved.Surprised that Chester Thompson who has toured with Collins and Genesis since the late seventies isn't mentioned! A superb drummer!

Any new material from PC is welcome as long as it's original and not as poor as his soul/Motown covers album he did a few years back! That was way too much for me!

Will wait with optimism,but not expecting Face Value II!

Probably will end up mike portnoy...sigh

:)

• Like 1

Really hope a genesis reunion tour is coming...

if it is........think more 3 man again.......i highly doubt your getting Gabriel back. Dude says never say never but i think he doesn't really want it.

Hackett i'm not sure.

Mick

I know, but im ok with three...

Although Hackett would be nice

• Like 1

I thought he didn't care anymore. Guess he decided to hang in long enough. He came back against all odds.

Hope he doesn't miss again.

Aparently his retirement was all just a Misunderstanding. I Can't Dance on a Volcano and get Phil and Peter to play a one off show with Genesis. I've got a Curious Feeling that Tony Banks would do it and as for Mike All I Need is A Miracle.

• Like 1

I thought he didn't care anymore. Guess he decided to hang in long enough. He came back against all odds.

Aparently his retirement was all just a Misunderstanding. I Can't Dance on a Volcano and get Phil and Peter to play a one off show with Genesis. I've got a Curious Feeling that Tony Banks would do it and as for Mike All I Need is A Miracle.

Yeah, perhaps they can all get together for at least one more night..

• Like 1

Rumor has it he's also going back into the stu-stu-studio.

• Like 2

......But Seriously, do you think they will tour?

In A Mouses Night.

Good one. I get it!

Well his last "comeback" lasted about a minute before he told the audience,"Sorry I can't do this".

He had fallen into a deep depression due to his inability to play drums any more. Sadly,he hit the bottle big time and had become a recluse.

He was asked to write some songs for the new Adele album, but none of his material made the cut.

Let's hope he bounces back for the sake of his health.

I do hope he is coming back as a drummer and not a "pop" singer. No commercial crap this time please Phil. Confine your love of Mowtown to the shower please.

Finally, no more attempts at dancing either.

• Like 1

Well his last "comeback" lasted about a minute before he told the audience,"Sorry I can't do this".

He had fallen into a deep depression due to his inability to play drums any more. Sadly,he hit the bottle big time and had become a recluse.

He was asked to write some songs for the new Adele album, but none of his material made the cut.

Let's hope he bounces back for the sake of his health.

I do hope he is coming back as a drummer and not a "pop" singer. No commercial crap this time please Phil. Confine your love of Mowtown to the shower please.

Finally, no more attempts at dancing either.

You reminded me of something else I once read (and I have to look this up again) but I had heard something about his hearing going really bad too, like he had lost a high percentage of his hearing over the years from all that touring and he just couldn't subject himself to that anymore.

I loved Phil's first 2 solo albums. hopefully something in that vein. When he dropped no Jacket Required. man that was the worst "hit" album ever. I'll admit to liking quite a bit of Testify though.

Motown i never bought. Cause i hate cover albums period.

Mick

• Like 1

Holy crap!!

I was walking to a meeting last week and walked by an office with Phil Collins on the nameplate. Never worked with the guy, no idea what he even looks like. Thinking he may be remote, and only in the office a few day a month.

Anyways, I went back to by desk and composed the following and posted it under his nameplate. No idea if he read it or anything, but I hope it gets a laugh or smile when he does... and I have some of the fun posts in this thread to thank as inspiration.

It was supposed to be another day in paradise, but something happened on the way to heaven. Do you remember? It's just a job to do, and I don't care anymore - that's all. I don't want to hear both sides of the story. Everyday, for all of my life I don't wanna know. In reality, only you know and I know that it was a misunderstanding. I need no reply at all; I think you're just taking it all too hard. Who said I would feel it in the air tonight? Take me home or I'm throwing it all away. I know I missed again, but in this land of confusion you know you can't hurry love. Simply find a way to my heart and the colours will lead you back to our home by the sea.

• Like 1

Holy crap!!

I was walking to a meeting last week and walked by an office with Phil Collins on the nameplate. Never worked with the guy, no idea what he even looks like. Thinking he may be remote, and only in the office a few day a month.

Anyways, I went back to by desk and composed the following and posted it under his nameplate. No idea if he read it or anything, but I hope it gets a laugh or smile when he does... and I have some of the fun posts in this thread to thank as inspiration.

It was supposed to be another day in paradise, but something happened on the way to heaven. Do you remember? It's just a job to do, and I don't care anymore - that's all. I don't want to hear both sides of the story. Everyday, for all of my life I don't wanna know. In reality, only you know and I know that it was a misunderstanding. I need no reply at all; I think you're just taking it all too hard. Who said I would feel it in the air tonight? Take me home or I'm throwing it all away. I know I missed again, but in this land of confusion you know you can't hurry love. Simply find a way to my heart and the colours will lead you back to our home by the sea.

Whatever you do try not to look at his stomach. In fact look at it and you will know. You can't keep your eyes off it. And don't call him the Mustard Tiger.

Holy crap!!

You should have ended it with, "Please give me one more night." :LOL:

• Like 1

My friends from high school took me to see him with Genesis at the big stadium here. Memories. :)