Is Neil Peart a Selfish Prick?

Union 5-3992

77 members have voted

1. 1. Is Neil Peart a selfish prick?

Even is Neil wanted to stop touring, Alex also had arthritis, do you think he wants to keep going on tour with that pain, even if he did, I wouldn't expect him to last much longer.

No one should be mad that they didn't go to Europe, heck if they didn't do an R40 tour i wouldn't be mad.

Exactly. It's like some people think Neil should be forced to keep playing until they're finished being amused. :eyeroll:

• Like 2

And was Neil a selfish prick when his wife and daughter died and "left" Rush.

Geddy and Alex thought they were done for then, never expected him to come back then.

I dont think they care that he is done, no one should

Absolutley NOT, because it was under WAY different circumstances. Neil had gone through a tragedy that no one should EVER f***ing live through, so he needed all the time in the world to take time off from Rush, find some level of solace, and find some way to cope with what had happened to him.

Geddy and Alex thought they were done for then, never expected him to come back then.

Absolutley NOT, because it was under WAY different circumstances. Neil had gone through a tragedy that no one should EVER f***ing live through, so he needed all the time in the world to take time off from Rush, find some level of solace, and find some way to cope with what had happened to him.

So basically as long as there isn't a major tragedy in his life then he should be forced to keep playing?

Okay...

• Like 2

I hope when I retire one day I will be begged to return to service.

So basically as long as there isn't a major tragedy in his life then he should be forced to keep playing?

Okay...

Welcome to the world of Fray-Fray.

• Like 1

He inspired this thread the other night...

http://i.imgur.com/7qnxJAy.png?1

what did he do to Ged annd Al............oh fraroc.........you are to much

:laughing guy:

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Mick

I both lol'd and had an urge to punch a wall

• Like 1

When it boils down to it, you really don't know what Neil's current circumstances are. You're in no position to say what are appropriate circumstances for Neil to not want to tour because you have absolutely no clue about Neil's life; you only know what relatively little he has chosen to share. Get off your high horse and stop projecting your childish thoughts on the band members.
  • Like 1

It kinda does come down to the same situation, Neil wants to spend time with his family, after that lose he must really appreciate all of the family he has.

Spoken by a true human being.

Fraroc could learn a thing or two.

• Like 3

When it boils down to it, you really don't know what Neil's current circumstances are. You're in no position to say what are appropriate circumstances for Neil to not want to tour because you have absolutely no clue about Neil's life; you only know what relatively little he has chosen to share. Get off your high horse and stop projecting your childish thoughts on the band members.

Exactly. Neil May not be an Approachable fellow. but i highly doubt he deserves that much venom. Unfounded venom at that. I mean.....my god.

Mick

• Like 3

Exactly. Neil May not be an Approachable fellow. but i highly doubt he deserves that much venom. Unfounded venom at that. I mean.....my god.

Mick

Fraroc just needs a good punch in the throat.

(To quote Fraroc)

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 2

They're going out on their own terms, when they decide to,

Actually NO, they're not. They're going out on Neil's terms & time frame, and no one else's. Literally, no one else's.

One of the BAND'S terms is that each of them has the right to retire at any time, and that there is NO BAD GUY when/if it happens. They are united in this. They've said so many times.

You're wrong. They ARE going out on their own terms.

Your presumption based on promotional interviews is just plain silly. Think about your own experience of human nature.

Mick

Over the years, it has become painfully obvious to me that Neil's distaste for certain elements of fandom are rooted in straight up reality.

• Like 5

Mick

Over the years, it has become painfully obvious to me that Neil's distaste for certain elements of fandom are rooted in straight up reality.

Oh defo.

Mick

Oh defo.

Not gonna lie. Had to look that up. Don't hate on me. I think I have kids your age.

:codger:

• Like 1

Mick

Oh defo.

Not gonna lie. Had to look that up. Don't hate on me. I think I have kids your age.

:codger:

So, like . . . what does it mean . . . ? :codger:

I definitely need to know.

Edited by toymaker