Do you love JOURNEY?? Or do you think they suck??

treeduck

What do you think of JOURNEY?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Do you love JOURNEY? Or do you think they suck?

• I love all their stuff they're one of my absolute favourites!
    • They fuckking suck balls! I hate all their shit!
    • I only like the early years when they had prog sensibilities
    • I only like the Perry years 1978-83 (Raised on Radio doesn't count)
    • I love them now with their Asian YouTube kareoke star
    • Meh I just ignore them
    • I like one or two songs
    • I just like the Escape album
    • I like the one they did with Steve Augery
    • I only like the debut album

I better get on the ball.

Who knew Steve Perry had a whiny voice? :unsure:

Anyone with "y" chromosome.

I think men felt threatened by the fact that women tended to love his voice. They couldn't compete. :LOL:

I don't think it's the voice as much as his great sense of fashion (see post #52)

Nothing wrong with that either. ;)

He's now Hillary Clinton's wardrobe guru.

Angels Flight, baby!!!!

c91357962948f9610525c0cd3a0c6cad.jpg

Aaargh, reliving nightmare of disco years all over again !!!

Geez I looked hot in those... ;)
  • Like 3

Before we all get to carried away here lets not forget that our own Mr. Lifeson high jacked some stuff from Neil Schon back in the day. I wish I could remember the exact song(s) or chords but my memory "Escapes" me at this point...

Signed,

GR79 (circa 2014 sometime) :eh:

I would be curious to know more about this. I have never heard anything that sounds like he stole anything from Schon or Journey but it's certainly possible. Lifeson has borrowed ideas from Summers, Fripp, Hackett and Eddie Van Halen from time to time but nothing I would say was outright stolen. Then again who knows. Steve Howe isn't the most innocent guitarist in this regard either though.

Look at that beautiful hair. And great job singing there by Steve. That's my favourite Journey song.

Which one, Wheel in the Sky?

Yes Wheel in the Sky. There are more? I admit I only watched Wheel.

Feeling that Way/Anytime starts around 5:30.

Good grief the chills. I might be gay... ;)
  • Like 3

Is there a concert video of them doing Escape? :wub:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpclWbXh6UI&list=PL74C25E18F5C111D5

I wonder what happened to Steve Smith's hair, a few years after this it was gone. I didn't recognise him for a minute because I forgot that he even had hair never mind the mop he had there! :16ton:

I had to hang in and listen to Patiently also. Wow. I had almost forgotten how great this was. Man o man... :cheers:
  • Like 3

I wonder what happened to Steve Smith's hair, a few years after this it was gone. I didn't recognise him for a minute because I forgot that he even had hair never mind the mop he had there! :16ton:

This would be the place and time I saw them the 3 times I did. They were a great show no doubt. I don't recall ever seeing them with Rolie but I may have once... :codger:
  • Like 1

Thanks Duck for the thread. The memories are a nice birthday gift to be honest. I certainly feel a year older now anyway... :LOL: :cheers:
  • Like 2

Thanks Duck for the thread. The memories are a nice birthday gift to be honest. I certainly feel a year older now anyway... :LOL: :cheers:

You look it Haha. Happy birthday.

Thanks I think... :)

This would be the place and time I saw them the 3 times I did. They were a great show no doubt. I don't recall ever seeing them with Rolie but I may have once... :codger:

I bet you had your hair then too!

• Like 1

I thought we were talking about Neal's hair. Now that's hair! :LOL:

I did. I wonder when was the first time Steve Smith got his first sunburn on top of his head and was it after playing a round of golf like happened to me. A sobering day indeed... :sigh:

I like Journey. All the stuff with Perry was good. The production of their albums was also pretty good except for Infinity. "I'll Be Alright Without You" is one of my all time favorite songs. Their pre-Perry album Next is also excellent.

I've only heard Captured and Escape all the way through, though I love all their hits (especially "Lights"). Escape tends to bore me in the middle, but it starts and ends beautifully (it's mainly the title track that loses my attention). Captured, however, is a masterpiece of a live album, especially with "Steve 'Machine Gun' Smith" behind the kit.

EDIT: after reading back through previous posts, I apologize in advance to Lorraine for my comment on Escape, should she happen to read this post. Maybe I should give it another shot.

Edited by Entre_Perpetuo
  • Like 2

Bland 80s power ballad AOR....like Bon Jovi with a better guitar player.

"chick rock"

Eugh.

• Like 1