Meeting Celebrities : The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Lucas

Anyone want to meet me?? :smoke:

If you get to central Florida anytime, absolutely.

I grew up in Jacksonville and visit there because most of my immediate family still lives there. We've both been on TRF for ages and I've been to Disney or Universal Studios plenty of times since then so I'm a little surprised we've never met. Someday. :blaze:

I've been pretty lucky. I've met;

Rush (all 3)

Sammy Hagar (twice)

Van Halen (twice with Gary Cherone)

Def Leppard (all 5)

Kenny Wayne Sheppard (twice. Once in a bar)

Bon Scott & Angus Young

Julis Boros (pro golfer)

JD, you met Bon Scott ??? ... What was he like ? ... That's awesome

It was very short meeting outside of the Cleveland Agora after their show. I think it was in 1977. Shook hands, smiled and said hello. That was about it.

Met Terry Bozzio at a drum clinic. I was star-struck and could barely function, but he was very nice and signed multiple autographs.

Met the guys from Outkast in a bar (Taco Mac) before I heard them on the radio. Talked to them for about a minute. Also very nice.

Didn't actually meet him, but I saw Eminem while he was still 15 working as a dishwasher (Gilbert's Lounge). I would say he was a cook, but he was too young at the time. We both happened to be staring into space lost in our own thoughts about 15 or 20 feet from one another but generally facing each other.

Vince Neil was at the table next to us at a strip bar one night (Cheetah), but since nobody else was bothering him, I decided not to bug him myself.

On a temporary job, my boss was the touring bass player for "The Riggs" who opened up shows for Rush on some of the Signals tour. He told be a funny story about him splitting his pants during a bass solo and roadies taping it up with duct tape as he continued his solo. The guys from Rush thought it was so funny that he got to party with them on the bus. Unfortunately he wouldn't go into much detail about that. I want to say his name is Dave. I probably still have his business card around somewhere.

I used to know a guy that met Rush at a bar in Detroit. He had a long conversation with Alex, but Geddy and Neil wouldn't even shake his hand. This was around Grace Under Pressure, and Alex was talking about not being happy with the direction the music was going in and said he was thinking about quitting. The band that was playing that night was Tiles.

I met one other person who met Neil. It was a group of people that were mountain biking I'm guessing in the early or mid 90's. I think the story was that he knew Howard Ungerleider, so that's how he was there. He met Neil, and then when it was time to start biking, Neil took off and nobody caught up with him.

Edited by Rushman2112

Honestly ALL of the people I have met have been nice. Don't remember anyone being a dick.

Sidenote- A cop buddy of mine who works ALL the shows in Memphis says the biggest asshole in 30 years of backstage shows, and it is not even close has been Bryan Adams. He says he has worked 3 shows involving him over 30 years, and No one comes close to his dickness toward other humans....amazing

Be nice and respectful to them, and usually they do the same.

It's mismash of humanity - Most of these were RANDOM meetings, run ins.

Gregg Allman, Wayne Gretzky, Sarah McLachlan, Adam Duritz, Newt Gingrich,

David Strathairn (Actor), Bam Margera, Eddie George, Travis Tritt, Jerry Lawler,

Jake E. Lee, Lita Ford, Don Barnes and Donnie Van Zant (38 Special) ..probably more..but it's too early..

• Like 1

Nicko McBrain, Iron Maiden's drummer, was friendly and cheerful...exactly as you'd expect him to be

A friend of mine used to manage a now defunct putt putt golf course across the street from Busch gardens. Nicko and a lady came in one day. He was super cool and was actually surprised anyone knew who he was. Probably around the mid-90s.

• Like 1

I grew up in Jacksonville and visit there because most of my immediate family still lives there. We've both been on TRF for ages and I've been to Disney or Universal Studios plenty of times since then so I'm a little surprised we've never met. Someday. :blaze:

I've met a few from here and everyone has been great. Godeater2112 is very cool. I've met up with him and his crew the last two times rush played Tampa.

I met Carol Channing in the bathroom one time during her stint in Hello Dolly. Such a sweet and funny lady. Edited by EagleMoon

In the age of the internet, a former student and friend of mine has managed to make a name for herself. Kandee Johnson has become an online celeb in the world of make-up artistry. She's been featured in Elle magazine, and others, as well as appearing on several TV talk shows. She was nominated for this year's Entertainer of the Year Streamy Awards. The cherry on top of it all is that one of her sons is in my wife's 2nd grade class this year. :) Here's some of her web content...

^^^ Amazing talent!!

^^^ She's a survivor.

• Like 1

I met Gavin Degraw. He is a very positive person. He really brightens up a room. You can't stay sad or angry when you've met him.
  • Like 1

When he was 18 and playing for the London Knights, during a meet and greet, I met Patrick Kane. He was just a kid back then. He was THE player of the OHL that year and was drafted first by Chicago after that season. During the meet and greet, since he had scored 3 goals in the most recent game, my husband said 'nice hat trick, Patrick' and Kane said thanks. We took a picture of him.

I always follow ex Knights now playing in the NHL, and Kane has been one of my favorites over the years.

If you follow hockey, you know that Kane has a dark cloud hanging over him... While I hope he is innocent as he claims, justice must prevail if he's not innocent... :(

• Like 2

Ive met Earl Campbell a couple times (one of the best running backs of all time)

I ran into Noel Gallagher from Oasis in Dallas in a bathroom, took a leak next to him. I broke out my go to bathroom joke "so is this where all thr dicks hang out?"

For Narp- met Peter Jacobsen once, super nice guy.

I met Bill Clinton once, well kind of, I was in the front row of a Hillary Clinton campaign rally and me and my slightly inebriated buddies heckled him and got thrown out. He did point at me and went on a rant directed toward me.

I also met Tonya Harding, she was preforming community service LOL

• Like 2

We'd be like Edward G Robinson and Humphrey Bogart in Key Largo...

Youd have it all! Just like bogie and bacal

• Like 1

Met Big Country after a show in Leeds probably in the early 1990's, were all nice and signed stuff for all who waited for them. Also spoke with Mark Duffy from Toranaga after a show at my then local pub.

Was at a beer festival in Leeds in the late 80's early 90's and was in the company of Kev and Ramsey from Acid Reign. A good time was had by all.

• Like 1

I lived across the street from Calvert DeForest a.k.a. Larry Bud Melman when I lived Brooklyn.

Said hello to everyone.

He was in Rockbottom (store), standing in line in front of me, buying a box of Mallowmars. I said hello and that is about it.

Nice little man.

• Like 2

You met Lucy Lawless? I loved that show when it was on. She just kicked everybody's ass!!!

Yeah I met her several times in NYC when she was doing Grease.

• Like 1

I met Jim Nabors once in the mid 90's in Georgetown. He was staying at the hotel that I worked at back then. He was super nice as you might expect him to be... :LOL:

Did he offer to push in your stool? :unsure: