Tired of being an adult

lemonycake

Today I cried to my mom over the phone for 4 hours because I'm sick of being an adult. The past two weeks have been absolutely hectic and nightmarish--I moved 4 times, lost a load of money, haven't gotten any proper sleep and came down with a massive cold. That's not even the half of it. I just moved into a new place today (hopefully for the last time) and it doesn't have any furniture; I'll have to buy and assemble everything tomorrow. My landlord also wants the rent by tomorrow. School starts in 2 days and I'm a worn-out, disheveled mess. This is too much adulting for me. Does anyone else just want to go back to being 7 years old again? fists%20crying.gif Edited by lemonycake
  • Like 7

I once went through a stretch when I moved eleven times in six years, but I never moved four times in two weeks. Holy wow...

Do you not have any roommates where you are now? No one to share the same burden you're going through?

All I can say is that hopefully six months to a year from now, you may very well be able to look back on this time right now and laugh about it.

Whatever stress and upset you feel, this too shall pass.

I've been an adult for awhile (I'm in my 40s), and more often than not, I still catch myself in wonder (for myself and other people my age) that we're all 'big people' now. :LOL:

• Like 4

Today I cried to my mom over the phone for 4 hours because I'm sick of being an adult. The past two weeks have been absolutely hectic and nightmarish--I moved 4 times, lost a load of money, haven't gotten any proper sleep and came down with a massive cold. That's not even the half of it. I just moved into a new place today (hopefully for the last time) and it doesn't have any furniture; I'll have to buy and assemble everything tomorrow. My landlord also wants the rent by tomorrow. School starts in 2 days and I'm a worn-out, disheveled mess. This is too much adulting for me. Does anyone else just want to go back to being 7 years old again? fists%20crying.gif

:( . :hug2: Wish I could do more but this is all I got...
  • Like 3

My life has been pretty easy by many standards. Great now adult children and sweet wife for 34 years now. Tons of stability for the most part throughout my life. We have had many financial challenges through the years and may have another one coming up soon. Other than that I really have no right to complain. Wishing you the best Ms. Lemony now and in the future... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 3

Today I cried to my mom over the phone for 4 hours because I'm sick of being an adult. The past two weeks have been absolutely hectic and nightmarish--I moved 4 times, lost a load of money, haven't gotten any proper sleep and came down with a massive cold. That's not even the half of it. I just moved into a new place today (hopefully for the last time) and it doesn't have any furniture; I'll have to buy and assemble everything tomorrow. My landlord also wants the rent by tomorrow. School starts in 2 days and I'm a worn-out, disheveled mess. This is too much adulting for me. Does anyone else just want to go back to being 7 years old again? fists%20crying.gif

Wow. I don't know what to say. I do hope you feel better soon and that things will work out for the best.
  • Like 1

:yes:

And that's a good thing! Keep that in your heart and you'll do amazing things. :cheerleader:

• Like 3

:hug2: Once the dust settles and routine sets in everything will look great in hind sight. :hug2: Plus, you have a great story to tell of moving four times in two weeks as well. :hug2: And yes, I'd love to go back to being 7 years old again. :hug2: In fact, I'd love to go back to being 19 again. :hug2: Hang in there and don't forget that you have all of your Rush brothers and sisters here on TRF if you need a cyber-shoulder to cry on. :hug2: Sending you good thoughts, prayers and wishing you all the best during this transition period in your life. :hug2:

• Like 3

I hope you feel better soon! Moving is exhausting- I can relate to how you are feeling. So glad your mom was there for you! Try to get a good rest in and things will look better-((hugs)).

• Like 2

Good luck settling in, LC. As far as the furniture goes, don't try to do everything in one day. As long as you have a mattress and something to play music on for now. Take care of yourself!

...and yes, I often wish I was 30 or 40 years younger...

• Like 1

Hang in there, bad times don't last. Although when they're happening it sometimes seems like there's no end in sight. But when it's over you'll appreciate the good times much more when they come along.

I am curious as to why you've moved so many times in such a short period though?

• Like 1

As a kid we were very poor and moved often. It's no fun being in an unstable environment. The experience has made me very conservative financially which is good for savings but creates a lot of unneeded anxiety that has been very difficult to manage. After I got out of the army and was getting established as an adult I was so close to being homeless at times that it's a bit frightening looking back. At the time, is seemed normal to eat toast, eggs, hot dogs, and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches. It sounds ridiculous now, of course. Stable relationships and employment were the key to me getting out of that cycle.

Edited to add that those were basically the only foods I hate. Nothing wrong with them but not the foundation of a healthy diet.

Edited by Ancient Ways
  • Like 2

• Like 1

Does anyone else just want to go back to being 7 years old again? fists%20crying.gif

Not at all. My early childhood was not fun. I'd be very happy to be 30 again, though. :haz:

• Like 2

Does anyone else just want to go back to being 7 years old again? fists%20crying.gif

Not at all. My early childhood was not fun. I'd be very happy to be 30 again, though. :haz:

I was going to say something like this, too. My early childhood was fine, but things started to go south when I was about twelve or thirteen. There are a lot of things between the start of my teen years and age 35 or so that I'm glad I don't ever have to live through again. There were a lot of great things that happened from my mid-20s onward, too, but there was enough life-altering tragedy in there that I don't ever want to have to go through again.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 2

I was going to say something like this, too. My early childhood was fine, but things started to go south when I was about twelve or thirteen. There are a lot of things between the start of my teen years and age 35 or so that I'm glad I don't ever have to live through again. There were a lot of great things that happened from my mid-20s onward, too, but there was enough life-altering tragedy in there that I don't ever want to have to go through again.

The popular dream of returning to one's childhood is, quite bluntly, a trap. Sure, children have fewer responsibilities, but they also have much less freedom and control over their lives.....especially if their homes are full of neglect and abuse.

One of the happiest moments of my life was when I realized that I could LEAVE my oppressive home and get my OWN home. Be it a dingy one-room apartment or whatever, it was MINE, and I could come and go as I pleased. I welcomed the responsibilities of being an adult. I especially welcomed the freedom. :ebert:

• Like 6

Lemony Cake eat cake!

• Like 1