Hemispheres vs. Moving Pictures

Lorraine

The only song that saves MP is The Camera Eye.....for me MP for now.

Huh, what?

Does that mean it's the only song from MP that you like a lot? And that still makes it better than Hemispheres?

I'm confused.

The Camera Eye to me is the song that makes MP better than Hemispheres. However, I need to deeply re listen to Hemi Again a few more times....it probably won't change anything but I'm giving the album a shot that's all. BTW I like all the songs on MP I just think it's probably RUSH'S most overrated album. Now I'm confused! Lol

If Witch Hunt wasn't on the album, I honestly think it would be a much closer choice

The greatness of Witch Hunt helps me give the edge to MP.

There are a lot of "Witch Hunt" Haters on this Forum. I don't fukking get it.

Probably because they know it's my favorite Rush song and they're just hating on it to get a rise out of me.

Or maybe not, I don't know.

:laughing guy:

• Like 1

If Witch Hunt wasn't on the album, I honestly think it would be a much closer choice

The greatness of Witch Hunt helps me give the edge to MP.

There are a lot of "Witch Hunt" Haters on this Forum. I don't fukking get it.

Probably because they know it's my favorite Rush song and they're just hating on it to get a rise out of me.

Or maybe not, I don't know.

:laughing guy:

not even worth responding to him (as I do it ;) )

The only song that saves MP is The Camera Eye.....for me MP for now.

Huh, what?

Does that mean it's the only song from MP that you like a lot? And that still makes it better than Hemispheres?

I'm confused.

The Camera Eye to me is the song that makes MP better than Hemispheres. However, I need to deeply re listen to Hemi Again a few more times....it probably won't change anything but I'm giving the album a shot that's all. BTW I like all the songs on MP I just think it's probably RUSH'S most overrated album. Now I'm confused! Lol

The Camera Eye doesn't do as much for me as some other Rush "epics", so it's the rest of MP that gives it the slight edge.

For years I downplayed MP a bit because of the commercial appeal, but these days I don't see it as overrated as much as overplayed.

I cannot fathom a world where MP is overrated.

I need to sit down, I feel faint.

• Like 1

Remember: Geddy said that Moving Pictures got them all out of debt.

Well of course, who the hell was going to go out and buy Hemispheres?

;)

• Like 2

;)

And who would buy PeW when they were too busy arguing which decade it was released in?

• Like 5

I cannot fathom a world where MP is overrated.

I need to sit down, I feel faint.

Ha, maybe I meant overplayed.....yeah that's it.

;)

;)

And who would buy PeW when they were too busy arguing which decade it was released in?

Hidden within the deep recess of my brain tissue is an excellent rejoinder for these two comments. When it surfaces, I will be back. Don't wait up for me though. It may take days.

Hemispheres is a GREAT album. I usually listen to it from beginning to end because it just seems like the right thing to do.

But...Moving Pictures is just a masterpiece. I mean Red Barchetta and TCE. It just doesn't get better than that.

• Like 3

Im gonna reluctantly go moving pictures.

If you ask again in 30 days i coukd easily say hemispheres.

To me it just depends what Rush "phase" im in. If that makes sense

Same here. But ONLY Hemispheres OR Moving Pictures has been my favorite Rush album ever. Sometimes it'll stay that way for years then change to the other. For example, Hemispheres was my favorite for a few years after I saw Prelude performed live during the Counterparts tour.

• Like 1

I'm 22 and Hemispheres is probably my favourite album EVER :rush: :rush: :rush:

Welcome to the forum, first of all. And right on...you are in good and plentiful company, with that favourite.

Hemispheres is a GREAT album. I usually listen to it from beginning to end because it just seems like the right thing to do.

But...Moving Pictures is just a masterpiece. I mean Red Barchetta and TCE. It just doesn't get better than that.

I've listened to Moving Pictures a couple of times through in the past few days, because it had been a couple of months. And I swear, from Tom Sawyer through Limelight has to be one of the greatest album sides ever. The second half, though, is also fantastic.

I'll give Hemispheres the same treatment now, as I also haven't listened to it for a bit. I'll have to report back after that. I chose Hemispheres at the outset of this thread, but I want to reevaluate each of them.

• Like 2

MP over Hems every day of the week, plus my favorite Rush album is AFTK (of course), second is PeW (of course again), and I'm 17.

Welcome to the forum, first of all. And right on...you are in good and plentiful company, with that favourite.

Thank you! I've been meaning to join for a while, glad to be here. Yeah, not sure my love for some of their other albums will go down quite as well... :scared:

• Like 2

Thank you! I've been meaning to join for a while, glad to be here. Yeah, not sure my love for some of their other albums will go down quite as well... :scared:

No prob. We've heard tons of negative stuff on here including:

- "I'd have no problem never hearing Tom Sawyer again."

- "Red Barchetta is slow, plodding, and boring."

- "Geddy's bass tone is weak."

And so on and so forth.

Anyway, welcome to TRF! :blaze:

• Like 1

Oh, you'll find like-minded people here no matter what your favourites are. Don't be bashful...

My favourites are Hemispheres, Hold Your Fire, and Clockwork Angels (which I've always thought of as upper echelon, but it has been climbing ever higher over the past six months or so)...and a lot of people find that to be an odd mix. But I don't care. I also love the 'synth period' overall, and I like Presto more than most...

What can I say? I've gotta be me.

Edited by Blue J
  • Like 1