Vapor Trails vs Snakes & Arrows vs Clockwork Angels

YYZumbi

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which album of these three do you think is best?

BU2B2

Ok, that's what I thought it was.

Yeah, they could have done more with it I suppose but it don't see how doing more with the song would have taken them to better heights. People dislike it because it's a short interlude that just seems out of place on the album. It has nothing to do with if being different.

We're Rush fans, we're OK with music that is different.

If you don't mind me saying, Rush has not a few out of place songs on their albums. But that's hardly a reason to dislike a song, especially on an album like CA, which is different anyway.

Anyway, it's just my opinion. And we all have them.

Edited by Lorraine

BU2B2

I wouldn't call this a song, but an interlude before the storm. It's a break. a time to relax. I don't see many people dislike this one minute song

I do.

And that's my point about the "one minute interlude." They wasted it. It could have been developed into a beautiful song. It has so much potential, and is unlike anything they ever did before.

Yes, maybe we will see a suite BU2B3 on the next release. They could have made a more complete song with at least three more minutes. But the most terrible decision they made was to put Wish Them Well on the album

• Like 3

BU2B2

I wouldn't call this a song, but an interlude before the storm. It's a break. a time to relax. I don't see many people dislike this one minute song

I do.

And that's my point about the "one minute interlude." They wasted it. It could have been developed into a beautiful song. It has so much potential, and is unlike anything they ever did before.

Yes, maybe we will see a suite BU2B3 on the next release. They could have made a more complete song with at least three more minutes. But the most terrible decision they made was to put Wish Them Well on the album

I didn't care too much about Wish Them Well until I saw them play it live. It came off ten times better than the studio version. There was an energy to it live that is missing on the album.

My favorite song on CA is the one most of you dislike the most on the album, but I am firmly convinced that if it had been expanded into a full length epic tune, it would have catapulted Rush to new heights.

New heights? How so?

It would have taken them in a different direction for Rush. That's why most of you don't like the song. It's different, and it had lots of potential. A pity they wasted it.

BU2B2?

I dig it.

• Like 1

I've voted for Clockwork Angels but that is tied at the top with Vapor Trails. Snakes and Arrows is very close too but I think that they could have cut some songs from that wheras CA is a good mix of songs and Vapor Trails has a very personal touch.

Three very different albums.
  • Like 1

BU2B2

I do.

oh hell yea.

WIIIIIISH THEM WELLLLLLLLLL

Gah........shut up, lol

Mick

• Like 1

I like more songs on Snakes than I do on CA. VT isn't even a consideration.

Lorraine, i thought you hated SA! When i was just starting to dislike it...

I did hate it. But one day RUDT told me that I wasn't a TrueRushFan because a TrueRushFan would give the album more than a few listens.

So one day I steeled myself to give it another listen. Then, I got the songs stuck in my head. All day. All night. All I would hear were songs off of Snakes. It was The Rush Revenge!!! :ph34r: Before you knew it, the album grew on me.

Let this a lesson to one and all. Be careful what Rush albums you say you hate. The same thing might happen to you. :yes:

Well Ive been hating on Roll The Bores since 1993. Maybe there is hope.

But I doubt it.

BU2B2

I do.

oh hell yea.

Gah........shut up, lol

Mick

Haha. YeH they should have shitcanned rhat one and just made bu2 longer. And made that one a little longer. A bit longer.

• Like 1

BU2B2

I do.

oh hell yea.

Gah........shut up, lol

Mick

I disagree. Wish Them Well is great! By the way, do you seriously think Hold Your Fire is better than Hemispheres or was that a joke?

BU2B2

I do.

oh hell yea.

Gah........shut up, lol

Mick

I disagree. Wish Them Well is great! By the way, do you seriously think Hold Your Fire is better than Hemispheres or was that a joke?

HYF is better than Hemispheres.

BU2B2

I do.

oh hell yea.

Gah........shut up, lol

Mick

Hemisphere is my number 1 Rush album.

HYF Is number 2..........i love that album.

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Vapor Trails slays all but four Rush studio albums.

It wins this poll like a wrestler in combat with a toddler.

Is the toddler wearing glasses?

You wouldn't hit a kid with glasses, would ya?

• Like 1

You implying that I am a wrestler? Haha no. I meant it as a metaphor, not to be taken literally! Haha

Edited by Segue Myles
  • Like 1

You implying that I am a wrestler? Haha no. I meant it as a metaphor, not to be taken literally! Haha

Silly Segue...I knew that, yes.

I do like VT better than I used to. But it's no Clockwork Angels.

(I'm sure you're sitting there saying to yourself, "No, it's not!" Haha. We're both right).

• Like 1

(I'm sure you're sitting there saying to yourself, "No, it's not!" Haha. We're both right).

I am sitting here like "you are right, it is no Clockwork Angels. Vapor Trails is actually worth listening too!"

I am sitting here like "you are right, it is no Clockwork Angels. Vapor Trails is actually worth listening too!"

I expected as much... :eyeroll:

:hug2:

• Like 1

BU2B2

I do.

My feelings as well.

I expected as much... :eyeroll:

:hug2:

:atickhum:

BU2B2

I do.

My feelings as well.

Sometimes I think that most of their albums would have done a lot better if they only had a few quality songs rather than having a few, or most, quality songs and junk thrown in because they thought, or were told, they had to have more songs to fill the CD. And those songs were written after their creative flow was severely clogged and they had to force out more songs long after they had tapped the best.

That's the only explanation I can think of as to why they have some really bad songs amid the good ones.

Edited by Lorraine