Vapor Trails vs Snakes & Arrows vs Clockwork Angels

YYZumbi

71 members have voted

1. 1. Which album of these three do you think is best?

BU2B2

I wouldn't call this a song, but an interlude before the storm. It's a break. a time to relax. I don't see many people dislike this one minute song

I do.

And that's my point about the "one minute interlude." They wasted it. It could have been developed into a beautiful song. It has so much potential, and is unlike anything they ever did before.

Yes, maybe we will see a suite BU2B3 on the next release. They could have made a more complete song with at least three more minutes. But the most terrible decision they made was to put Wish Them Well on the album

My feelings as well.

Sometimes I think that most of their albums would have done a lot better if they only had a few quality songs rather than having a few, or most, quality songs and junk thrown in because they thought, or were told, they had to have more songs to fill the CD. And those songs were written after their creative flow was severely clogged and they had to force out more songs long after they had tapped the best.

That's the only explanation I can think of as to why they have some really bad songs amid the good ones.

Yes, CA should have been a 45 minutes album, Snakes a 20 minutes and Vapor Trails should not have been recorded...

• Like 2

BU2B2

I wouldn't call this a song, but an interlude before the storm. It's a break. a time to relax. I don't see many people dislike this one minute song

I do.

And that's my point about the "one minute interlude." They wasted it. It could have been developed into a beautiful song. It has so much potential, and is unlike anything they ever did before.

Yes, maybe we will see a suite BU2B3 on the next release. They could have made a more complete song with at least three more minutes. But the most terrible decision they made was to put Wish Them Well on the album

My feelings as well.

Sometimes I think that most of their albums would have done a lot better if they only had a few quality songs rather than having a few, or most, quality songs and junk thrown in because they thought, or were told, they had to have more songs to fill the CD. And those songs were written after their creative flow was severely clogged and they had to force out more songs long after they had tapped the best.

That's the only explanation I can think of as to why they have some really bad songs amid the good ones.

Yes, CA should have been a 45 minutes album, Snakes a 20 minutes and Vapor Trails should not have been recorded...

I like two songs on VT. So a ten minute album would suffice. :)

I listened to VT last night to be open........there is not 1 single track i enjoy. 1 of only 2 Rush albums i can say that for.

God. I want to like it.......but it's not to be and....i'm fine with it.

Mick

Why do we feel compelled to like everything Rush has done? They're only human. They don't have 19 winning and stunning albums. Talented men they are, but even talent has limits.

If you don't like an album, you don't like it. Why force it? And why let others who do like it intimidate any one of us, or try to shame any one of us, into liking it?

:angel:

• Like 2

I listened to VT last night to be open........there is not 1 single track i enjoy. 1 of only 2 Rush albums i can say that for.

Mick

Are you nuts? VT rocks.

ok. You enjoy it.

;)

Mick

• Like 1

Mick

Why do we feel compelled to like everything Rush has done? They're only human. They don't have 19 winning and stunning albums. Talented men they are, but even talent has limits.

If you don't like an album, you don't like it. Why force it? And why let others who do like it intimidate any one of us, or try to shame any one of us, into liking it?

it's not really forcing myself really. it's just you hear people raving.....it's like.......wow i wish i could hear it that way.

Mick

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

And CA is a masterpiece too... :rush:
  • Like 1

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

a masterpiece in swiss vocals.

Mick

• Like 2

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

Mick

And layer upon layer upon layer upon layer etc etc. Some good songs too which is the shame of it... :(
  • Like 2

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

Mick

And layer upon layer upon layer upon layer etc etc. Some good songs too which is the shame of it... :(

CA Is the equivalent of a chocolate layer cake.......which is to rich for me these days. Such is that album. to wet with sound.

Miick

Mick

I don't think their talent has limits.

Every album this band has released has major die hard fans!

• Like 1

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

How long have i been saying that?
  • Like 1

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

Keep saying it holmes. I right there with you--all day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Like 1

For me it's...

CA - Layered to death and loud, but I do love the songs.

Snakes - Underrated as hell. Yes, I know...it plods...too many songs...they all sound alike..blah, blah, blah...

VT - Sometimes I love it. sometimes I don't...the remix confuses me more...that is why I have it 3rd.

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

Mick

Heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

Mick

Heiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiidiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!

What do i know?, I really like Witchfinder General---------- :eh:

Mick

Are you nuts? VT sucks.

Keep saying it holmes. I right there with you--all day every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate it when I've missed a chance to join the chorus...so I'll just do it now anyway.

Yes! All day long and twice on Sundays, as Narps would say. Never, ever get tired of it.

Edited by Blue J

The more I listen to Clockwork Angels, the more I am impressed with it. The last song that I wasn't sure about was "The Wreckers", but I've come around on that one as well.

The more I listen to Vapor Trails and Snakes & Arrows, the songs I like and the songs I don't like are becoming more polarized.

My vote was for CA. My feelings regarding the other two are very similar. CA is the best since at least Signals.

Edited by Rushman2112

This is actually rather easy at this point.

1 S & A

2. CA

3. VT (remix)

4. VT (original)

I really have to list the original VT and the remix separately as they are such different records. Same songs but due to the remixing they are just so so different that they are totally different versions of the songs.

Note that S & A is comfortably ahead of CA, which is way better that the remix of VT, which is way better than the original version.

• Like 1

This is actually rather easy at this point.

1 S & A

2. CA

3. VT (remix)

4. VT (original)

I really have to list the original VT and the remix separately as they are such different records. Same songs but due to the remixing they are just so so different that they are totally different versions of the songs.

Note that S & A is comfortably ahead of CA, which is way better that the remix of VT, which is way better than the original version.

These are my feelings as well. VTs Remix is miles better than VTs Original but they are both poor.