Keith Richards calls The Beatles Sgt. Peppers "rubbish" and "shit"

treeduck

I'm not a fan of The Beatles, but The Caucasian Album has some good tunes. And I find Asian Submarine a cool song too. But personally I prefer Metallica's The African American Album.
  • Like 7

I'm not a fan of The Beatles, but The Caucasian Album has some good tunes. And I find Asian Submarine a cool song too. But personally I prefer Metallica's The African American Album.

Don't think that being politically correct is going to get me to start liking you again, but it may get you elected into office.
  • Like 3

The White Album is perfect.

Perfectly flawed and suitably bloated perhaps.

I agree with this. And I love it for all its blemishes as well as the highlights. Not a single moment to dislike in my opinion.

Wild Honey Pie would like to have a word with you. Revolution 9 isn't technically a song so it don't count. It's like Fitter Happier on OK Computer.

Edited by invisible airwave

The White Album is perfect.

Perfectly flawed and suitably bloated perhaps.

I agree with this. And I love it for all its blemishes as well as the highlights. Not a single moment to dislike in my opinion.

Wild Honey Pie would like to have a word with you. Revolution 9 isn't technically a song so it don't count. It's like Fitter Happier on OK Computer.

I love it all. Revolution 9 is awesome if you ask me! It adds to the crazy

The only band of the sixties I like more than The Beatles is The Doors.

The Kinks are about equal in my books.

• Like 3

It's too bad The Beatles broke up when they did. The Stones were untouchable from Beggars Banquet to Goats Head Soup. Where The Beatles would have gone from Abbey Road (the last album they actually worked on) is an interesting question.

Better to leave us wanting more than to continue like the Rolling Stones and make some garbage

• Like 1

It's too bad The Beatles broke up when they did. The Stones were untouchable from Beggars Banquet to Goats Head Soup. Where The Beatles would have gone from Abbey Road (the last album they actually worked on) is an interesting question.

Better to leave us wanting more than to continue like the Rolling Stones and make some garbage

I love Abbey Road, Let It Be was very underrated.

Yup, they ended great!

Sgt Pepper was never a great album. Parts of it are actually embarrassing.

It was just George Martin trying to make "something" out of the raw material the band had presented him.

I will never understand the hype about their songs. Had they not had the "Boy Band" persona, and massive female fanbase, they would have sunk like all the other similar combos of the time.

The emergence of "Rock" with the emphasis now more on musicianship rather than looks,meant they were destined to split up.

Their own studio efforts were impossible to reproduce live, not that they bothered with their fans by that time anyway.

All death threats to the usual address please.

Dumber than anything you've ever posted in SOCN. And that's saying a lot.

:LOL:

Keith is jealous that Their Satanic Majesties Request sucked.

Like both bands but they pale in comparison compared to The Who and Pink Floyd. Hell, even though they're 70s, The Clash are more important.

"No Elvis, Beatles or the Rolling Stones!"

Pray tell, how do the Stones and the Beatles pale in comparison to the Who and Pink Floyd and how are the Clash more important? I understand that someone would like a band more or think a band was better, but more important? The Stones and the Beatles are arguably the two most important bands of all-time, artistically and critically and commercially.

• Like 3

Yup, they ended great!

The Naked version is better than Spector's IMO.

• Like 2

Yup, they ended great!

I have yet to hear it. I didn't know this, so I will remedy that.

What is different about it?

Yup, they ended great!

It's stripped down as originally intended. No Phil Spector overdubs or flourishes.

• Like 1

Yup, they ended great!

It's stripped down as originally intended. No Phil Spector overdubs or flourishes.

...plus no Maggie Mae or Dig It (neither any loss), BUT the deserved inclusion of Don't Let Me Down, which never should have been left off to begin with.

• Like 1

Yup, they ended great!

This sounds grand! My only beef was the Phil Spectorisms...

And Don't Let Me Down in place of Maggie Mae and Dig It? Replacing two b-side at best songs with one super high-quality A-side worthy smash is a brilliant idea! I will get this soon.

Yup, they ended great!

This sounds grand! My only beef was the Phil Spectorisms...

And Don't Let Me Down in place of Maggie Mae and Dig It? Replacing two b-side at best songs with one super high-quality A-side worthy smash is a brilliant idea! I will get this soon.

And it's remixed and remastered. "The Long and Winding Road" really shines. Simple and poignant.

• Like 1

Just wonder if he`s heard himself play guitar the last decade .

Rubbish and shit would be a complement .

I digress .

Just like to know which album he thinks of the Stones that is better than Pepper ?

The only Stones album that is worthy of "one of the greatest albums of all time " is Sticky Fingers and that`s just a good blues rock album which there are a hell of lot of "Blues rock " abums that blow that one out of the water .

I`m a Stones fan BTW , so I know what I`m talking about .

Unlike Keith .

Edited by By Tor
  • Like 1

Just wonder if he`s heard himself play guitar the last decade .

Rubbish and shit would be a complement .

I digress .

Just like to know which album he thinks of the Stones that is better than Pepper ?

The only Stones album that is worthy of "one of the greatest albums of all time " is Sticky Fingers and that`s just a good blues rock album which there are a hell of lot of "Blues rock " abums that blow that one out of the water .

I`m a Stones fan BTW , so I know what I`m talking about .

Unlike Keith .

He wasn't comparing the Beatles and the Stones. He ripped both Pepper and Satanic. I think his point was the Beatles and Stones got caught up in the whole Psychedelic movement and forgot to be rock and roll bands. I think he has a point, since the Stones and the Beatles both went back to their "roots" on the following albums - The Beatles and Beggars Banquet.

• Like 2