Good week for the Blue Jays!!

Syrinx

Stinker of a game for the Jays today, and they are down in the series 3 - 1 to KC.... So, it's win 3 games in row for the Jays, or the season is over... I think the Jays are done. :(

14 runs... eesh!

Pretty much guarantees a win next game, though. Right?

• Like 2

Big hole again. And re the post above - I would have absolutely NO problem with an opposing player in that same exact scenario, flipping his bat. I guarantee it. I stand by the flip was awesome. And I like the Rangers by the way. I am a huge Cowboys fan and have gravitated to the Rangers by osmosis. I would want them over any team but the Jays, to win it all.

I call BULLSHIT!

Just as awesome to see Bautista's home run the second time!

Bautista giveth, and Bautista taketh away.

It was an exciting game, but let's see if the Royals have the offense to beat one of the best rotations in baseball.

That high & outside strike called on Revere was an obscenity, but the Jays should have still overcome it and scored at least one run in that inning. A golden opportunity wasted.

Cain simply obeyed his 3rd base coach's orders......GO HOME!!! I wish Brewer runners would obey their 3rd base coach's orders like that......:doh:

• Like 2

The Jays have much to be proud of. They didn't lay down like dogs in the LC down 3-1.

If you're going to keep posting this until it makes sense, I'll create a thread for your 50,000th post.

2-0 Royals, on an iffy HR call.

Oh, look.... a questionable call in the 6th game of a playoff series in Kansas City.... that never happens.

After watching the various angles and review shots, I still can't decide if it was or was not interference. The front angle makes it look like the glove was below the wall, for at least part of the catch. But the front angle is also a two dimensional representation of a three dimensional world. You can't tell when the ball hit the web and whether or not the glove movement below the wall came after the catch.

The side angle makes it look like the ball was caught above the wall, but the issue is the angle may or may not be right to capture the shot accurately. Although the side angle definitely shows there's a good amount of gap between the wall and rails, as well as the height of the rail.

So, the common adage about replays lives on, yes? Not enough to say either... stick with the call on the field.

I guess I will have to enjoy the fact that if the Royals when it all this year, *both* of their titles will have a history of questionable calls in the 6th game of a series. Alas, the 1985 call was clearly the wrong one - and a level up on the post-season ladder - and would have been overturned in an era of replay.

Edited by WorkingAllTheTime

This is the most definitive angle of the Moose HR call I've seen. The ball hits up on the heel of the guy's glove and then shoots down into the webbing. If you follow the trajectory of the ball, it would have shot that gap between the railing and the wall.

Looks like a homer to me.

http://www.royalsreview.com/2015/10/23/9605990/fan-interferes-possibly-gives-moose-a-home-run

The Jays have much to be proud of. They didn't lay down like dogs in the LC down 3-1.

If you're going to keep posting this until it makes sense, I'll create a thread for your 50,000th post.

Why are you so defensive about this? Don't you think a team that displays heart is worthy of praise?

Why are you so defensive about this? Don't you think a team that displays heart is worthy of praise?

The only people you're fooling also buy the argument that a server can be wiped of the information on it with a cloth...

Edited by laughedatbytime
  • Like 1

The only people you're fooling also buy the argument that a server can be wiped of the information on it with a cloth...

Why do you hate courage?

• Like 1

Great season Jays!! Kansas City was the better team in the end and I think they will soon be World Series Champs. I hate that the strike zone inexplicably expanded at the end of the game. Gives fuel to the conspiracy theorists.
  • Like 1

2-0 Royals, on an iffy HR call.

Oh, look.... a questionable call in the 6th game of a playoff series in Kansas City.... that never happens.

After watching the various angles and review shots, I still can't decide if it was or was not interference. The front angle makes it look like the glove was below the wall, for at least part of the catch. But the front angle is also a two dimensional representation of a three dimensional world. You can't tell when the ball hit the web and whether or not the glove movement below the wall came after the catch.

The side angle makes it look like the ball was caught above the wall, but the issue is the angle may or may not be right to capture the shot accurately. Although the side angle definitely shows there's a good amount of gap between the wall and rails, as well as the height of the rail.

So, the common adage about replays lives on, yes? Not enough to say either... stick with the call on the field.

I guess I will have to enjoy the fact that if the Royals when it all this year, *both* of their titles will have a history of questionable calls in the 6th game of a series. Alas, the 1985 call was clearly the wrong one - and a level up on the post-season ladder - and would have been overturned in an era of replay.

But, unfortunately, replay doesn't overturn errors, which was the real cause of that famous meltdown. :(