x1yyz

Do we have a thread about happiness? I don't remember seeing one. I think we need one, so here it is!

Post something that makes you happy. Maybe it's something that happened to you, something you saw, or something you did.

The ocean makes me happy. I love it, and I love living near it. I feel that any day I've seen the ocean isn't all bad because hey! I saw the ocean!

• Like 6

Cutting and edging my yard perfectly and the smell of the fresh cut grass and the satisfaction of a job well done...
  • Like 8

Cutting and edging my yard perfectly and the smell of the fresh cut grass and the satisfaction of a job well done...

Nothing much prettier than a freshly cut lawn.

Edited by EagleMoon
  • Like 1

Mowing the lawn can be pretty refreshing. Gets you outside and you can smell a job well done.

• Like 1

What makes me really happy is considering how much worse my disability could have been. i'm just happy i'm able to think and communicate as well as i do.

oh and music, lol

Mick

• Like 7

What makes me really happy is considering how much worse my disability could have been. i'm just happy i'm able to think and communicate as well as i do.

oh and music, lol

Mick

I have learned so much from you Mick. You're the definition of a man

• Like 2

oh and music, lol

Mick

Thanks. I know we have our musical spats but that means a lot coming from you my friend.

Mick

• Like 1

oh and music, lol

Mick

Thanks. I know we have our musical spats but that means a lot coming from you my friend.

Mick

Spats? IF we didn't crack each other's balls that would mean we REALLY didn't like one another.
  • Like 2

Driving on a beautiful day, with the windows down, and the music blaring. Today was such a day. I was listening to Helmet, and I had the stereo turned up to 11. :)
  • Like 2

Let me tell you a little story.

My youngest child, a 4-year old boy, got very ill this February. He fell into a coma, remained unconscious for about a month. The doctors could do nothing but wait. Me and my wife were there with him most of the time, hoping he'll be alive the next day. Slowly he started to react a little bit, open his eyes, move his hands and feet... In April he was able to sit and eat, he understood what was said to him and he even talked a little. The doctors said he possibly walks again sometime this year. He had to learn everything all over again.

Now? Well, he speaks as any other 4-year old, he can run again, he even rides a bicycle a bit. His memory is back, and most importantly his personality is the same as before the illness. This is not always the case when the problem is in the brain. His eyesight has suffered a bit and he might need glasses, but that's not a big deal. He also will need physiotherapy for some time, but what the heck. He's alive. I've heard afterwards that it's a miracle. There are not many like him in Finland, who have had the disease he survived from - necrotic encephalitis - and they're all dead.

Seeing him every day, playing with him, BEING with him (he's right next to me as I write this) makes me really, really happy.

(And, by the way, during that month or so when he was lying unconscious I read Neil's "Ghost Rider" at least three times. That book gave me strength and hope.)

Edited by Pete Bondurant
  • Like 11

Wow. Pete what an amazing ordeal. Even as a father of a 5 year old boy i cannot begin to even consider what you have gone thru. Your post is really inspiring! Thank you.

Mick I was unaware you had a disability. Ive seen you post things some things and I knew you had a wheel chair but I never put thse two together. Yes I am really proud of you. A close friend from High School had MD and most of body didn't work but he never let that stop him.

please keep up the happiness!!

• Like 1

Let me tell you a little story.

My youngest child, a 4-year old boy, got very ill this February. He fell into a coma, remained unconscious for about a month. The doctors could do nothing but wait. Me and my wife were there with him most of the time, hoping he'll be alive the next day. Slowly he started to react a little bit, open his eyes, move his hands and feet... In April he was able to sit and eat, he understood what was said to him and he even talked a little. The doctors said he possibly walks again sometime this year. He had to learn everything all over again.

Now? Well, he speaks as any other 4-year old, he can run again, he even rides a bicycle a bit. His memory is back, and most importantly his personality is the same as before the illness. This is not always the case when the problem is in the brain. His eyesight has suffered a bit and he might need glasses, but that's not a big deal. He also will need physiotherapy for some time, but what the heck. He's alive. I've heard afterwards that it's a miracle. There are not many like him in Finland, who have had the disease he survived from - necrotic encephalitis - and they're all dead.

Seeing him every day, playing with him, BEING with him (he's right next to me as I write this) makes me really, really happy.

(And, by the way, during that month or so when he was lying unconscious I read Neil's "Ghost Rider" at least three times. That book gave me strength and hope.)

Everyday is a gift

Playing bass makes me happy. Especially when I nail Xanadu. I have an acoustic guitar also, so I like to switch to that and play it during the solo.
  • Like 1

Many drops make a bucket, many buckets make a pond, many ponds make a lake, and many lakes make an ocean.

I live in Maine... everything is near by. Thats my happiness. Im very thankful.

• Like 1