CA Album Battle 17: Clockwork Angels vs. Vapor Trails (including the 2013 remix)

Segue Myles

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which Is Best:

• Clockwork Angels
    • Vapor Trails (including the 2013 remix)

Vapor Trails (10/10). Top five album for me, and a notch below my equal number one albums AFTK, MP, and HYF and one place above Hemispheres.

In comparison, Clockwork Angels (5 or 6/10) is a turd. I love VT that much!

So anyone who says CA is only rated low by me for its production can go eat my poo. VT sounds worse, and oddly comes out sounding all the better for it.

If any album needed a rusty nail production job, Vapor Trails is it. It's hideous sound reflects the acidic, passionate and violently sharp hard rock antics of the music, and in all honesty, the remix is lovely but the 2002 release is top notch.

I don't care who I offend, but if CA has balls, and muscular energy, thank hormone treatments and steroids.

Vapor Trails is all man, by nature and nurture and is a thousand times greater than CA fanboys let on about their filler full baby of an album.

No wimp rock like Halo Effect or Wish Them Well, just raw, unadulterated hard rock and more individuality than any of the nineties or post 2002 Rush albums.

VT sounds like no other band but Rush, and oddly sounds little like Rush at all.

Sh*t production on both but CA is different sh*tty and has some better songs on it overall (to many songs on both). I'll go with CA by default. There is nothing on VT that comes close to The Garden or Halo Effect.... :eh: Edited by Narps

I love Vapor Trails as well, but....Clockwork Angels :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini: :martini:

I love VT.

I understand why many wouldn't, but I cannot be modest about my attachment to VT...

This would be a tougher choice for me it they didn't remix VT. I love the album with the original production but the improvement the remix gave it makes the album just edge out CA. Edited by J2112YYZ
  • Like 1

Both albums are in my top 5 and I do love them both dearly. Who would win? Probably Clockwork Angels.

Fwiw I like the original Vapor Trails better than the remix. There are weird sounds appearing here and there in the remix that seem out of place to me.

• Like 3

I don't care who I offend, but if CA has balls, and muscular energy, thank hormone treatments and steroids.

You have a very good point, but I can't bring myself to listen to VT today, so I voted for CA. Vote subject to change at a later date. :)

Both albums are in my top 5 and I do love them both dearly. Who would win? Probably Clockwork Angels.

Fwiw I like the original Vapor Trails better than the remix. There are weird sounds appearing here and there in the remix that seem out of place to me.

Some songs on the remix just don't sound right. Freeze is the worst.

Honestly didn't like it until I heard the original.

• Like 1

I like the original Vapor Trails mix better as well, something crucial got lost in the new mix, I would prefer a remastered VT than a remixed one...
  • Like 1

When I first got VT I thought "Metal. Rush is now metal." A good thing. I love this album. A few songs I skip. OOTC is a song that seems endless. Sweet Miracle is perhaps my favorite.

CA still clobbers this album, by sheer size. Songs are myles better. I'm currently revisiting VT...the original is where my heart lies.

• Like 3

They did actually remaster it. I believe it was or is up on hdtracks.

Yes I remember that, can't say I ever heard that one to be honest.

The thing I remember about Vapor Trails when it came out, is how different it was...and the songs were so much more emotional than anything they had done before. This emotion and a sense of urgency in the songs is what I miss in the the new remix...it isn't there!
  • Like 2

While I'm in the minority with my love for "Vapor Trails", "Clockwork Angels" is just so much better.

What they have in common is that they both sound like they were recorded in the crawl space under my front porch with a 1970's Radio Shack tape recorder.

• Like 5

While I'm in the minority with my love for "Vapor Trails", "Clockwork Angels" is just so much better.

What they have in common is that they both sound like they were recorded in the crawl space under my front porch with a 1970's Radio Shack tape recorder.

Perfectly stated!

• Like 1