Any love for Presto???

wadzilla

I like presto a lot but I think it's a step down from the run of killer shit they'd been doing. I've said this before, but it sounds like they really wanted to ROCK (which I definitely dig and appreciate the effort) but weren't quite sure how to do it again.

I love Presto. Hand Over Fist is an extremely-ultra underrated song. I love it. Best song released between Turn The Page and Animate. The title track is also quite good, and I would love to see it live since I missed the Time Machine tour. The Pass is a great song, and I love it. Not as much as the previous two. Anagram is almost an good track, but I don't really dig it. Show Don't Tell is epic. Superconductor is a gem that I think would be great live. The rest of the album is not my cup of tea....... Edited by DistantEarlySignals

I love Presto. Only songs that don't work for me are Scars, Anagram, and War Paint. Everything else (excluding maybe superconductor) I just love. Especially Red Tide, Presto, Hand Over Fist and Chain Lightning.

If Presto was an EP, I think that it could look like this:

Show Don’t Tell

Chain Lightning

The Pass

Red Tide

Hand Over Fist

Presto

Available Light

Welcome to the forum!

I like some of the songs on there. It's better than Hold Your Fire and Roll the Bones for sure for me but it's far from my favorite. I'd say it's my 3rd least favorite actually.

Lowest rated song is 9/10. This album is just off my top five.
  • Like 1

I was luke warm to Presto when it came out but over the years the album has grown well on me. I now really like it about 7.5 out of 10. First concert I took a date to a Rush show which made that Cap Centre MD show great fun. She was truly a RUSH fan and knew most of the songs.

Presto is a great album! I always reach for it when I'm drawing; it sets the perfect mood :LOL: My favourites are The Pass, War Paint, Presto, Available Light, and Show Don't Tell :yes: Hand Over Fist, Chain Lightning and Anagram are good, but I don't care too much for Scars and Red Tide. Superconductor is a pretty groovy tune although lots of people seem to hate it haha
  • Like 3