Any love for Presto???

wadzilla

How have I never made a post in this thread? Maybe there was an identical one before.

I love Presto, and it's in my top five. The best Rush moment I've ever had (excluding shows) was probably listening to Presto while soul searching in Utah's mountains in my old truck.

• Like 1

How have I never made a post in this thread? Maybe there was an identical one before.

I love Presto, and it's in my top five. The best Rush moment I've ever had (excluding shows) was probably listening to Presto while soul searching in Utah's mountains in my old truck.

:goodone:

Presto is a great album! I always reach for it when I'm drawing; it sets the perfect mood :LOL: My favourites are The Pass, War Paint, Presto, Available Light, and Show Don't Tell :yes: Hand Over Fist, Chain Lightning and Anagram are good, but I don't care too much for Scars and Red Tide. Superconductor is a pretty groovy tune although lots of people seem to hate it haha

They certainly seem to hate it LC, which probably dates back to the xanaconductor fiasco of 1991. I agree with the songs you like,and dare I say that I would even add red tide to the like list

Xanaconductor fiasco? I'm almost afraid to ask...

Behold the inexplicable segue... @ 1:05

Presto is a great album! I always reach for it when I'm drawing; it sets the perfect mood :LOL: My favourites are The Pass, War Paint, Presto, Available Light, and Show Don't Tell :yes: Hand Over Fist, Chain Lightning and Anagram are good, but I don't care too much for Scars and Red Tide. Superconductor is a pretty groovy tune although lots of people seem to hate it haha

They certainly seem to hate it LC, which probably dates back to the xanaconductor fiasco of 1991. I agree with the songs you like,and dare I say that I would even add red tide to the like list

Xanaconductor fiasco? I'm almost afraid to ask...

Behold the inexplicable segue... @ 1:05

Oh dear goodness...how?

Show Don't Tell - 10/10

Chain Lightning - 9/10

The Pass - 10/10

War Paint - 7/10

Scars - 6/10

Presto - 10/10

Superconductor - 7/10

Anagram (For Mongo) - 6/10

Red Tide - 9/10

Hand Over Fist - 7/10

Available Light - 9/10

Edited by _hi_water._
  • Like 1

I dig Presto. :)

Why do so many people hate Superconductor?

I think it's got a mean set of Alex riffs.

Dunno' cos I fookin' luv it. I wonder the same thing.

But obviously Rush fans come in all shapes and sizes, preferences-wise.

Wow someone's digging up old threads.

I'm a Presto fan. It's top 5 for me.

They achieved what they set out to do. Some people don't like what they set out to do on this record, and that's fine.

It was also my first Rush album and to this day I still love it, easily in my top 10 fav Rush releases. I could never understand the hate for this one. The musicianship is top notch, the lyrics are some of Peart's all time best, and there is an excellent balance between the guitars and synths (something that was a bit lacking with the previous two releases). And as far as the production is concerned, I'll take the "thin" sound of Presto over the unbearable audio compression of Vapor Trails any day. :madra:
  • Like 1