People who hate the synth era

fraroc

There is literally not a single bad song on MP, Signals, GUP, and PoW.

HYF unfortunatley has Tai Shan.

Tai Shan, which, oddly, is better than about half the songs of the synth era.

Moving Pictures and Signals I would agree. The others there are at least 4 not so good ones between them....
  • Like 1

I love the synth era.

Signals

PoW

HYF

\Hell you could Throw MP In there. There are synths

come on!!!!!!! great stuff.

Mick

About 13 years ago I made a cdr with synthy era Rush starting with side 2 of MP all of Signals except Subs and about 4 songs off GUP that I still listen to today.

• Like 1

I guess the real test is the amount of keyboard samples they played on last tour with the Power Windows songs. We really didn't miss watching Geddy poke away at the keyboard did we?

No, no, no, Geddy....don't play your bass. We'd rather watch you peck away at the keyboard. :eyeroll:

Neil on drums - awesome

Al on guitar - awesome

Ged on Bass - awesome

Ged on keyboard - meh

Why are we fond of 'meh' when we're missing out on 'awesome'?

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

Just to set the record straight. Red Lenses, Grand Designs, Mystic Rhythms, Tai Shan and High Water not so good and I am not really a fan of Time Stand Still either truth be told. That isn't really alot of songs over a three album stretch especially when it isn't their best period in my view anyway. The bunch of albums that followed have alot more badness going on... :)
  • Like 1

There's great material in all Rush eras, some people are just very narrow minded in their musical tastes.

:codger: :sigh: ....

I love the eighties synth era of Rush. But to say fans who dislike it are close minded is just the dumbest thing ever.

Are fans close minded as well for not enjoying the worst of the nineties? What makes the synth era so special but other era's weaker?

At this moment in time, my favourite Rush records to play are the heavier ones, the CoS's and the VT's. But when I am in the mood for eighties Rush, HYF is all I need.

To say anybody is close minded is to imply you are superior.

To me, this means only one thing:

EAT MY POO

• Like 3

I love the eighties synth era of Rush. But to say fans who dislike it are close minded is just the dumbest thing ever.

Are fans close minded as well for not enjoying the worst of the nineties? What makes the synth era so special but other era's weaker?

At this moment in time, my favourite Rush records to play are the heavier ones, the CoS's and the VT's. But when I am in the mood for eighties Rush, HYF is all I need.

EAT MY POO

we're trying to debate this based on the merits of the argument.

but the synth lovers are throwing 'ignorant' and 'close minded' our way.

Is that the best argument you have?

But then again that's coming from a Pop Tart that's loves ABBA, Bon Jovi and No Doubt.

Check the reaction to this tour with out any synthy period stuff...absolutely in love. Last tour.....ewwwwww....what's with all the Power windows crap?

Edited by 2112FirstStreet

EAT MY POO

But then again that's coming from a Pop Tart that's loves ABBA, Bon Jovi and No Doubt.

Check the reaction to this tour with out any synthy period stuff...absolutely in love. Last tour.....ewwwwww....what's with all the Power windows crap?

Well "Eat My Poo" is quite a compelling topper to an argument. It has served him well around here and tied a bow on many a squabble... :) Edited by Narps
  • Like 1

EAT MY POO

EEK!

This post doesn't sound biased at all.

And prior to my love of pop rock and AOR I was an intense metal head who went to death metal bands and was into some very heavy shtick...so to say I am biased due to a love of pop is idiotic as aside from my posts on this forum, you know nothing about me.

Which pleases me as whatever you post about me is onesided and wrong. WRONG WRONG WRONG.

Go on, be clever, your jibes are meaningless.

At least when I dislike something I am open minded enough to respect those who enjoy it, and admire the effort put into the music itself by artists I most likely cherish.

EAT MY POO

Well "Eat My Poo" is quite a compelling topper to an argument. It has served him well around here and tied a bow on many a squabble... :)

I also tied a bow on my poo to make my problem solving a tad more enticing.

:cheers:

EAT MY POO

Well "Eat My Poo" is quite a compelling topper to an argument. It has served him well around here and tied a bow on many a squabble... :)

I also tied a bow on my poo to make my problem solving a tad more enticing.

:cheers:

Just try not to break out the "runny poo" one. :scared: Then I know things are getting serious. Carry on... :)

HYF unfortunatley has Tai Shan.

Tai Shan is definitely the Tai Shanist song on that album but it is still better than 93.7% of the entire Crötley Mu catalog.

The synth era guitar work motivate me to do naked air guitar solos in the shower as much as the 70's era songs.

• Like 1

EAT MY POO

Also, might I add, that I did say in that post that right now I am enjoying the heavier side of the Rush canon more than the synth.

So...like...did you read my interests column and decide based on that it was worthy of an attack!

Well...I rarely get a bee in my bonnet but when I do I want to fill it with wasps and put it on someones fat head.

But I shan't...I am scared of wasps.

So...there really are Rush fans who totally bypass the PeW-PW years?

Yikes.

That's friggin' cray cray.

(color me bewildered) <------------------

The pop tarts enjoy it.

Yikes.

The pop tarts enjoy it.

LOL, so you're among the unwashed fanatics who think Rush was only good for four albums. CoS, 2112, Hemispheres, AFTK.

Odd birds, you guys are.

• Like 2

Yikes.

The pop tarts enjoy it.

LOL, so you're among the unwashed fanatics who think Rush was only good for four albums. CoS, 2112, Hemispheres, AFTK.

Odd birds, you guys are.

Dude...I was just called a pop tart lol!

I love the synth era! Playing Power Windows right now, and I think its a real Rush masterpiece.

• Like 1