The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I don't think it really matters what age you are. if you have a band/artist ingrained in you. you are never gonna totally stop loving them.

that's me and the Beatles.

i go though long periods of not listening to them. when i do. i get like the warm fuzzies lol

Mick

• Like 2

I don't think it really matters what age you are. if you have a band/artist ingrained in you. you are never gonna totally stop loving them.

i go though long periods of not listening to them. when i do. i get like the warm fuzzies lol

Mick

That's true - that's me and the Moodies. But lately they seem to be fading even more away in the distance. When I look back at them now, I do not even feel that I can play any of their albums. I can't go back, and it only makes me feel bad listening to them and remembering. Not so much the music as the fact that almost everyone that I associate with me and their music is dead.

• Like 2

I might as well be 16

Hey, I'm in my mid-40s, but a lot of the time, I feel like I'm about twenty years younger.

:cheers: for regression!

(And I have also, thanks to various people and comments on this forum, gone back to listening to certain things I had not heard in ages and ages).

(But that's not what makes me 'feel' young...that's different).

Same here!!! I do NOT feel my age at all. and it's great.

Mick

Yep.. I have a handful of artists that are like that for me. Genesis is probably the main one, but there are others.

Mick

That's true - that's me and the Moodies. But lately they seem to be fading even more away in the distance. When I look back at them now, I do not even feel that I can play any of their albums. I can't go back, and it only makes me feel bad listening to them and remembering. Not so much the music as the fact that almost everyone that I associate with me and their music is dead.

:hug2:

No one can tell if that's a matter of time.

I remember a period where I couldn't listen to Genesis for about 6 months..after losing 2 of my bandmates in the tribute band we were in. All it did was make me think of them.

Waking up to REM people.

Albums i have heard.

Murmur

Rekoning

Life's Rich Pageant

Document

Green

Out of Time

Bolded are early favs

so all but the first 2, couldn't get behind thoughs

and i spun them 4 times each now.

everything else is awesome

Mick

The early albums are a different sound. (from Chronic Town/Murmur through Fables).

Life's Rich Pageant (my fave) is the first record where you can start to hear Stipe's lyrics more clearly.

• Like 1

Waking up to REM people.

Albums i have heard.

Murmur

Rekoning

Life's Rich Pageant

Document

Green

Out of Time

Bolded are early favs

Mick

The early albums are a different sound. (from Chronic Town/Murmur through Fables).

Life's Rich Pageant (my fave) is the first record where you can start to hear Stipe's lyrics more clearly.

I haven't heard the 3rd album yet

but if it's like the first 2 i might not like it.

i can't put my finger on why the first 2 don't connect......but they don't. it's funny cause people were putting Murmur on REM suggestion lists and it's dull for me, lol

But life's Rich Pageant.......whole new ballgame. it is like a different band to these ears.

i love them for than onward.

Automatic for the People is great too.

Mick

• Like 1

Waking up to REM people.

Albums i have heard.

Murmur

Rekoning

Life's Rich Pageant

Document

Green

Out of Time

Bolded are early favs

Mick

i can't put my finger on why the first 2 don't connect......but they don't. it's funny cause people were putting Murmur on REM suggestion lists and it's dull for me, lol

But life's Rich Pageant.......whole new ballgame. it is like a different band to these ears.

Mick

Yeah, it's hard to put into words what happens on those first 3 records. They are beautiful. but they are different... Vocals purposefully obtuse and kind of buried in the mix. It's another world.

Automatic is amazing.

Edited by Mystic Slipperman
  • Like 1

Waking up to REM people.

Albums i have heard.

Murmur

Rekoning

Life's Rich Pageant

Document

Green

Out of Time

Bolded are early favs

Mick

Mick

Yeah, it's hard to put into words what happens on those first 3 records. They are beautiful. but they are different... Vocals purposefully obtuse and kind of buried in the mix. It's another world.

Automatic is amazing.

that's what it is. you hit it. the first 2 are almost to out there and just floating so far that i can't get a grasp on anything.

very kinda just not even aware that people are listening. if that makes any sense, lol. just doing it's own floaty weird thing, lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

The first two albums are phenomenal and the debut is timeless.
  • Like 2

I really like grunge.

So explain to me why it lead me to Britney videos on YouTube and why am I enjoying them?

• Like 1

and sorry Segue can't get into Biffy. To Foo-ish for me.

i've tried puzzle at least 6 times.........have not finished the thing once, lol

Mick

YOU DISGUST ME BITCH

Only joking.

• Like 1

sure you are

Right now he's got a voodoo doll of me and he's clutching his copy of Puzzle while Stabbing it, lol

Honestly Biffy Was kinda of a weird band to recommend me if one knows my feelings about the Foo Fighters.......and they are damn close.

but i'm nothing if not not open to more music.

so i tried, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Uh oh, I found Principle of Moments and Fore! on vinyl....

Fore! is amazing, lol

I love huey.

Mick

"It's as simple as that..."

that's My fav song on the whole record. i literally played that song like ten times in a row when i first heard it, lol

Mick

• Like 1

Uh oh, I found Principle of Moments and Fore! on vinyl....

Fore! is amazing, lol

I love huey.

Mick

"It's as simple as that..."

that's My fav song on the whole record. i literally played that song like ten times in a row when i first heard it, lol

Mick

It might be his best song... that and Jacob's Ladder (w.Hornsby) :)

• Like 1