The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

i like really easily triggered today. i had to stop the record. it made me want to slit my wrists.

Sorry if that's dark.

Mick

Not at all this is why I can't play the cure

It's why I don't play some records all that often (Jeff Buckley, Kevin Gilbert's Shaming of the True, some Radiohead, some Porcupine Tree)

Doesn't mean I don't love them they just hit major triggers.

Right, Exactly. If I'm in a good place, no problem (most of the time). But I gotta watch it sometimes.

i like really easily triggered today. i had to stop the record. it made me want to slit my wrists.

Sorry if that's dark.

Mick

Not at all this is why I can't play the cure

It's why I don't play some records all that often (Jeff Buckley, Kevin Gilbert's Shaming of the True, some Radiohead, some Porcupine Tree)

Doesn't mean I don't love them they just hit major triggers.

Right, Exactly. If I'm in a good place, no problem (most of the time). But I gotta watch it sometimes.

For me having The Cure be that bands is truly painful as they were a major influence on my life.

Even now I just need to hear the opening bars of Plainsong and I am right in that moment when terrible things happened to me.

Cruel.

:hi:

It's Mick's TRF anniversary today. But maybe he'd rather forget he ever came here.

Is it??????

It's Mick's TRF anniversary today. But maybe he'd rather forget he ever came here.

Is it??????

Yes.

Go wish him a happy 5th TRF anniversary.

Never mind.

I see you did.

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Lorraine and Mick...two of my fave people and you've each helped me a lot over the years.

Recently Brucey can be added to the list.

• Like 3

Lorraine and Mick...two of my fave people and you've each helped me a lot over the years.

i think you and lorraine and Adam are my three closet friends here.

though i have unique bonds with many here.

i was just thrilled to meet another Toto fan, lol

i remember thinking that. but it was a really a launching pad to a bigger friendship.

Love you lots dude.

Mick

• Like 2

i remember thinking that. but it was a really a launching pad to a bigger friendship.

Love you lots dude.

Mick

I loved that haha

I have to say I've changed so much as a person these past few years.

Heck.

Year.

It's sometimes really odd reading older posts.

• Like 1

Love you lots dude.

Mick

Awww, I feel like crying. You made my day. :hug2: :hug2:

Edited by Lorraine
  • Like 2

Love you lots dude.

Mick

It's true.

Even though we've never been in the same room I've felt closer to you both than many of my friends at points over the years.

It's no lie that at my worst last year when I was right off the deep end I was often kept together mentally by my determination to refresh and read your supportive replies.

It's no lie I have often thought at points this last year many here have helped me not end it all.

You have no idea how lost I got. Walking down a frozen highway crying and out of it and almost sectioned and absolutely off my rocker...the "normalcy" of this place helped me find my feet again..

I am truly grateful I lasted because life is really good right now and no way could I have seen that coming my way back in December.

Never.

• Like 3

Love you lots dude.

Mick

It's true.

Even though we've never been in the same room I've felt closer to you both than many of my friends at points over the years.

It's no lie that at my worst last year when I was right off the deep end I was often kept together mentally by my determination to refresh and read your supportive replies.

It's no lie I have often thought at points this last year many here have helped me not end it all.

You have no idea how lost I got. Walking down a frozen highway crying and out of it and almost sectioned and absolutely off my rocker...the "normalcy" of this place helped me find my feet again..

I am truly grateful I lasted because life is really good right now and no way could I have seen that coming my way back in December.

Never.

I'm glad you made your way back, and that just goes to show that no matter how dark and hopeless it gets, no matter how destroyed we feel emotionally, it doesn't last forever. There is a better day ahead. If only we can wait and work for it.

You and Mick mean a lot to me. I think you both already know that.

• Like 2

Love you lots dude.

Mick

It's true.

Never.

I'm glad you made your way back, and that just goes to show that no matter how dark and hopeless it gets, no matter how destroyed we feel emotionally, it doesn't last forever. There is a better day ahead. If only we can wait and work for it.

You and Mick mean a lot to me. I think you both already know that.

I do. X

• Like 1

I know this isn't the thread for this......hell it's our thread so it can be.

you never ever hear me really bitch about my situation. because that's not me at all.

but it is DEPRESSING being in a chair. because you are very isolated. and most people when you do try to make a connection immediatly write you off as a freakish mental midget.

it's harsh but trust me it's true.

anywayway that's why i ;ike the net and forums because people an get to know ME. c and THEN i can drop the chair thing on them. which i did on here. i really didn't mention it till like a year and a half after i joined.

but point being....you guys have me to a sense of normal.

i love you both and many others here.

screw it......you're family to me.

:hug2: :D

Mick

• Like 2

My top five albums of 2017 so far:

1. Fleet Foxes- Crack Up

2. AFI- AFI ("The Blood Album")

3. Royal Thunder- WICK

4. As Lions- Selfish Age

5. Various- Singles (soundtrack) (Deluxe Edition)

I have quiet hopes that the upcoming Paradise Lost album Medusa will be the years top release for me. But I will have to wait and see. Two years on from its release, The Plague Within finally won me over big time. And early snippets indicate Medusa will slay me first time round.

i've been listening to nothing but Graham Parker. this guy's my hero right now.

Very similar to Elvis Costello but much more consistent if you ask me.

spent about a week and a half on this guy. could easily be a top 5 artist for me.

Mick

• Like 1

spent about a week and a half on this guy. could easily be a top 5 artist for me.

Mick

Not interested right now but he is on my list!

Tried to play some Styx but that's totally 2015 Segue. Not my thing at this point lol.

• Like 1

Mick

Not interested right now but he is on my list!

Tried to play some Styx but that's totally 2015 Segue. Not my thing at this point lol.

it's funny the year 2017 in music really isn't on my list, lol

so funny the cycles we go through in music.

Mick

• Like 1

Just because i like lists. I already can tell my favs that's how great this guy is.

my recommended Graham Parker list in case anybody wants to start

i know i just started but i swear i've listened to each of these in the double digits already.

Howin' Wind-10/10

Heat Treatment-10/10

Squeezing Out Sparks-10/10

Another Grey Area-9/10

Steady Nerves-9/10

The Mona Lisa's Sister-8/10

Struck by Lightning-10/10

Burning Questions-9/10

12 Haunted Episodes-10/10

Songs of No Consequence-10/10

I've still got a lot more to go through but i swear those all are immediate classics in my book

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000

Just because i like lists. I already can tell my favs that's how great this guy is.

my recommended Graham Parker list in case anybody wants to start

i know i just started but i swear i've listened to each of these in the double digits already.

Howin' Wind-10/10

Heat Treatment-10/10

Squeezing Out Sparks-10/10

Another Grey Area-9/10

Steady Nerves-9/10

The Mona Lisa's Sister-8/10

Struck by Lightning-10/10

Burning Questions-9/10

12 Haunted Episodes-10/10

Songs of No Consequence-10/10

I've still got a lot more to go through but i swear those all are immediate classics in my book

Mick

Keep me posted!!!

• Like 1