The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

I'm still on this cheesy music kick. It's been 4 months and hasn't burned out yet

I still play a lot of cheesy music. More random YouTube stuff rather than entire albums.

Im amazed by how much i love music i either thought id left behind, or strongly despised in the past.

• Like 1

Im amazed by how much i love music i either thought id left behind, or strongly despised in the past.

i get that. and the best part is sometimes i'll come back to a band i hated and think why was this band so bad to me, lol

Mick

i get that. and the best part is sometimes i'll come back to a band i hated and think why was this band so bad to me, lol

Mick

U2

30 Seconds To Mars

Post-Minutes To Midnight Linkin Park

I love all three so much. Fair enough I liked U2 a lot but their eighties run is deeply precious to me now (especially the song Gloria). And I can't get over how amazing the last two 30STM albums are. And as for Linkin Park...once again they rival Lacuna Coil in my affections (the two were for a while back in 2008/9 my two favourite bands).

And this little band called Fivefold. The greatest unsigned band I have ever heard. Hold On helped me come to mt senses recently. The song and the EP.

Mick

U2

30 Seconds To Mars

I love all three so much. Fair enough I liked U2 a lot but their eighties run is deeply precious to me now (especially the song Gloria). And I can't get over how amazing the last two 30STM albums are. And as for Linkin Park...once again they rival Lacuna Coil in my affections (the two were for a while back in 2008/9 my two favourite bands).

And this little band called Fivefold. The greatest unsigned band I have ever heard. Hold On helped me come to mt senses recently. The song and the EP.

Sprinsteen was like that. kinda loathed him as a teen. love his hayday stuff so much more now.

Twentyone Pilots

Pearl Jam

Actually Grunge in General, lol

Mick

Mick

U2

30 Seconds To Mars

Sprinsteen was like that. kinda loathed him as a teen. love his hayday stuff so much more now.

Twentyone Pilots

Pearl Jam

Actually Grunge in General, lol

Mick

I think for me I tend to need to avoid hype. I struggle to take some bands seriously when I see rabid fans everywhere. Its annoying but that is what happened to me with 30STM. That and I know someone who did a shoot with Leto and told me what an arrogant asshole he is. But I really love them now. I wish more rock bands were this up themselves actually...it makes really rewarding music when you feel like cheering up and hating the world a little bit.

I am always going to love grunge. It waa great coming back to that era this year and immersing myself in all that noise. I even came out the other side of that phase with a load of new (to me) bands and a really deep and intense love for Chris Cornell (and this all before his death).

Its actually been another great year for me and music too.

My favourite albums of this year:

1. AFI- AFI

2. Fleet Foxes- Crack Up

3. Royal Thunder- WICK

4. As Lions- Selfish Age

5. Linkin Park- One More Light

6. Mallory Knox- Wired

7. The Amazons- The Amazons

And discovering Fivefold, The Spiral Sequence, Screaming Trees, Counting Crows...

I have loved 2017. Might be my favourite year for music in quite a long time.

And there is new music from Paradise Lost coming. I cannot wait!

Edited by Segue Myles

Mick, Adam.

I miss you guys.

Hope you are up for a chat soon!

• Like 1

I warn you my taste is not "worthy" of this forum lmao

Mick, Adam.

I miss you guys.

Well Adam usually sets the chats up but. if you'd like to skype at some point let me know ok.

Mick

I am currently quite ok. Would make for a less depressing chat which I've tried to avoid.

• Like 1

Mick, Adam.

I miss you guys.

Well Adam usually sets the chats up but. if you'd like to skype at some point let me know ok.

Mick

I am currently quite ok. Would make for a less depressing chat which I've tried to avoid.

sometimes just talking about random stuff helps, lol.

we can argue over why friends is overrated, lol

Mick

Mick, Adam.

I miss you guys.

Mick

sometimes just talking about random stuff helps, lol.

we can argue over why friends is overrated, lol

Mick

Friends is my favourite show. I won't be moved lol

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/rv1p1Vea0iY

How I loved this song when I was a little girl.

I had a dream

i dreamed it for you June

It wasn't for me Herbie

And if it wasn't for me

then where would you be

Miss Gypsy Rose Lee.................

Best mental breakdown song EVER. and in the right hands. tears the house down.

I saw Patti Lupone do the role on broadway in 08.

gave me chills.

Mick

• Like 1

http://youtu.be/rv1p1Vea0iY

How I loved this song when I was a little girl.

I had a dream

i dreamed it for you June

It wasn't for me Herbie

And if it wasn't for me

then where would you be

Miss Gypsy Rose Lee.................

Best mental breakdown song EVER. and in the right hands. tears the house down.

I saw Patti Lupone do the role on broadway in 08.

gave me chills.

Mick

Even as a little girl, and I'm talking about 7 or 8 I only was, I knew that about the song. That part I quoted is my favorite. Even listening to it just now - the first time in decades - my eyes filled with tears.

• Like 1

Here you go mick. A live recording from the play:

http://youtu.be/lp7S_awm5GU

wow if your a theater lover. that's the equivalent of finding a rare bootleg of your fav rock band.

as unpopular as this is here. i've been to lots of concerts of bands and artists. none of that will ever equal a night of live theater in my eyes. rock doesn't even touch it's heels.

Mick

• Like 1

Here you go mick. A live recording from the play:

http://youtu.be/lp7S_awm5GU

wow if your a theater lover. that's the equivalent of finding a rare bootleg of your fav rock band.

as unpopular as this is here. i've been to lots of concerts of bands and artists. none of that will ever equal a night of live theater in my eyes. rock doesn't even touch it's heels.

Mick

It was growing up under my sister's influence. She's the one that brought home these albums when I was very little. I grew up listening to Broadway play soundtracks.

But then the Beatles came along and I left it behind.

• Like 1