The Mick and Segue Music Commentary Thread

Lorraine

Mick.. This has f**k all to do with music, but it reminded me of you, so I figured I'd share.

https://youtu.be/xtJl3qzSQcA?t=1m35s

... :LOL:

LOL!!!!!

yo........amazing.

on the subject of sex. and this is gonna make me sound horrid. but i used my cripple-ness to get sex. because their are girls who give pity screws. i didn't care. we need lovin' too damn it, lol. so i would make myself extra gimped up to get it, lol. it would work too.

Mick

I've gotten pity sex before. Back when I was 20 my mom died from cancer and for some reason there were a number of girls who felt bad enough for me that they figured sleeping with me would make me feel better. I'm not the best looking guy nor have I ever had much game, so I took what I could get.

A dirty rotten scoundrel am I.

• Like 2

Mick,

I just was talking to an acquaintance, and I've just recently gotten him into Radiohead about half a year ago... I asked him what his thought were on A Moon Shaped Pool.. He said "It's okay, but miles better than The King of Limbs"...

I then, naturally, proceeded to ask him how many times he had listened to The King of Limbs...

He answered four... FOUR!!

I told him that he needs to listen to any album quite a few times more than just four before making a credible judgement about it, this is especially true if the band you happen to be passing judgement on is Radiohead.. He carelessly responded with a "lol"...

I'm just sharing this with you because I know this guy's an idiot, but I need support in order to get over such a traumatizing event... Hopefully you can pat me on the back and say "There there, he's an idiot... Don't you lose any sleep over it." :LOL:

Edited by Mr. Not
  • Like 1

Mick,

I just was talking to an acquaintance, and I've just recently gotten him into Radiohead about half a year ago... I asked him what his thought were on A Moon Shaped Pool.. He said "It's okay, but miles better than The King of Limbs"...

I then, naturally, proceeded to ask him how many times he had listened to The King of Limbs...

I told him that he needs to listen to any album quite a few times more than just four before making a credible judgement about it, this is especially true if the band you happen to be passing judgement on is Radiohead.. He carelessly responded with a "lol"...

I'm just sharing this with you because I know this guy's an idiot, but I need support in order to get over such a traumatizing event... Hopefully you can pat me on the back and say "There there, he's an idiot... Don't you lose any sleep over it." :LOL:

yea. i've said to you before. i pretty am indifferent to every new Radiohead release when they first drop.

it takes....for me anyway. upwards of 10 listens before an album reveals itself to me.

A Moon shaped pool was no different. very lukewarm on it at the start. now it's brilliant.

llong story short your friend gave up on KOL to quick.

Radiohead + time= transcendence.

listening Segue? huh?

lol

Mick

Edited by bluefox4000
  • Like 1

Mick,

yea. i've said to you before. i pretty am indifferent to every new Radiohead release when they first drop.

it takes....for me anyway. upwards of 10 listens before an album reveals itself to me.

A Moon shaped pool was no different. very lukewarm on it at the start. now it's brilliant.

llong story short your friend gave up on KOL to quick.

Radiohead + time= transcendence.

listening Segue? huh?

lol

Mick

I really like the new album. A lot actually.

And the older stuff no longer sounds unlistenable. I think the last couple of years of prog and complex bands has warned me up to them.

But I don't like the coldness of their music. So...let's wait and see.

I'm liking Porcupine Tree a lot lately as well as solo Steven Wilson.

• Like 1

Awesome!

Meanwhile I'm still gonna be raving about SA and DT

i haven't really made a connection to SA yet.......give me time though.

and You can rave about DT all you like......you know my thoughts, lol

Mick

I didn't like SA for ten years.

I found old posts on a Nightwish forum discussing them and I was really negative.

• Like 1

Although I just listened to it on Sunday, I might listen to it again today... Such an underrated album by them. Love it.

Where Themata is straight-forward Alternative Metal with prog elements, Sound Awake was their prog metal breakthrough... And then Asymmetry continued on quite differently in being progressive art rock / metal. That's why most people don't seem to like this album, I think... It's "different".

After listening to Asymmetry today, I've decided that it's in fact my favorite Karnivool album, beating Sound Awake by a hair for being more consistent.. The ambient moments and interludes, the vocal experimentation, the beautiful melodies... Sure, the album's downside is that it's not as guitar oriented as previous albums, I'll admit the album isn't strong when it comes to the blistering riffs which we grew to love on Sound Awake.. But the songwriting is here, and it is damn beautiful. It's simultaneously their heaviest and softest album, depending which part you're listening to.

My favorite tracks (5/5):

We Are

Asymmetry

Float

Alpha Omega

Every other track is 4/5. Again, a very consistent album, and that counts for a lot when I'm determining the rating of an album.

I gotta get a good nights sleep tonight, but I hope to squeeze in two new albums before I do... A random album by REM, and a random one by Pixies.

Funny you should say this, because lately I've been listening more to both bands again just a little. It won't be long before I'm hooked on both again!

• Like 1